[Game Update] - 455433

10 minutes ago, goldenpanda56 said:

How about tree skins? It sounds stupid but if you're designing a base and you want trees to be a part of the design then changing the look might go a long way. I don't know if I'm just crazy but I think it's a good idea. This may work with berry bushes, grass, etc. Can you also reduce the cost of the clean sweeper? It's because it's technically a worthless item made solely for cosmetics.

Palm Tree> Birchnut Tree.

• Like 1

I like where this is going, I would recommend to let the players get in the game with the skins that they already bought, like Abigail's flower, Wigfrid's spear and helm, Willow's lighter, etc.

Love u boys. :D

• Like 1

Anyone has the issue on server getting reset after this update? My server got reset after several attempt to login my server which has the server mod on that. So frustrating that my server was disappear completely without any notice and any data left even I didn't get into the server successfully after the update. I spend so much much time on this server, and I don't want to launch the game anymore to lose my other servers with server mods. Anyone has idea on getting my server back?

10 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

sounds like a bug, we'll take a look tomorrow.

Whew, I was getting worried there, thanks! and thanks a lot of all your hard work on this QoL update it really made game feel much more polished and great :D!!

Edited by --- -.-

• Developer
58 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

Whew, I was getting worried there, thanks! and thanks a lot of all your hard work on this QoL update it really made game feel much more polished and great :D!!

Do you have a link to a mod that currently doesn't work so I can test against it?

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

I can update just fine.

True, it works now. Thanks! Unfortunately I'm encountering another problem when connecting to the server. Gonna create a bug report on the forums asap.

• Like 1

Please help, everytime I saw ice or pick ice, my client is crashed (we used linux dedicated server). I spot something in my client log which is suspicious: 

[00:01:32]: component floater already exists on entity 100187 - ice!    scripts/standardcomponents.lua:1307 in (field) MakeInventoryFloatable (Lua) <1306-1321>    
[00:01:32]: Registering duplicate lua network variable 2424274053 in entity ice[100187]
[00:01:32]: Break at: ..\source\simlib\Entity.cpp(347) :

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

• Setting world generation options to “More” will no longer generate more of that object in every biome, it will now only generate more of that object in biomes where that object already exists.

Does that mean Meteor Fields changed to "more" or "lots" will no longer spawn them all around the world?

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait.. so I just got the update installed for Xbox, we have “more” options for enemy mobs now? Oh wow..

Also for those who dislike horror hound and horror penguin you have a toggle to disable them here.

Klei obviously put a ton of work into this and now I’m going to spend all night trying to see what all I can toggle & break.

I was genuinely worried that Klei may remove Wildfires from the game after recent “Summer Sucks” threads but LOL There’s a “MORE” option for them now.

I haven’t even started a world, still flipping little/more for stuff.

This is gonna be fun.

Console players have proper world-gen settings now?  That right there is awesome.  And it helps mitigate the fact that you can't use mods!

(I mean, mods do other stuff, but being able to tweak your worlds is a step in that personalize/customize direction, in general.)

...Notorious

• Sad 1

I just lost like 8 or so hours of progress....... definitely saved everything as normal and quit out of the game properly allowing it to save and the little loading wheel to finish before closing the game.

Endless bugs and issues on PS4 with the new update that make the game near-unplayable and now I lose an entire days worth of progress?...

I set up all my shrines from year of content, set up a clay varg display area and so much more. This update sort of sucks the big one on console - Klei can you please fix ASAP

Also lost ALL my saved presets for world settings, had different ones setup for every event and had them all saved - now they are all gone.

This update has pretty much broken the game on console for me - battled through all the awful bugs (including having to constantly disconnect and reload world) today and still managed to have fun but just lost ALL of that progress in one go.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m running into severe lagging issues on Xbox One I’m not sure if it’s my internet or the new update- can someone else confirm?

Definitely not you, there are EXTREME lag issues at the moment on PS4 as well. Like unbearably bad.

I now completely agree with and empathise with those who always want updates to come later once they're actually legitimately ready to be released rather than earlier with bug fixes to follow. This update is/was not ready at all - at least for console.

Edited by GelatinousCube
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Console players have proper world-gen settings now?  That right there is awesome.  And it helps mitigate the fact that you can't use mods!

(I mean, mods do other stuff, but being able to tweak your worlds is a step in that personalize/customize direction, in general.)

...Notorious

If it actually worked.. yeah- But I’m pretty sure Klei wanted to get it out so more players can start reporting bugs (pc can only report pc bugs, Console will have its own nasty ones rear up later) and right now-

Game is near unplayable, I would report bugs if I knew what was causing the issues-  I was able to spot the Tragic Torch skin crash because I only crashed while using that particular skin.

But now- it’s like you try to perform an action (such as eat seeds) and your character stands there with their hand over their mouth for a good few seconds in sort of an “Opps” Pose before they eat.

Spoiler

79B18A95-A7DB-44B6-A073-E4BD8923EA7D.thumb.jpeg.f44a525c9e83ec4685f6e7d1195f0f8b.jpeg

If this bug somehow leads to us getting an ACTUAL “Oppsie” emote then it will be worth It!

• Haha 1