[Game Update] - 453222

if a dupe gets too much radiation, minor>major>extreme radiation poison, they become incapacitated and need to be taken to a triage cot.  problem is they keep getting kicked out of the cot and won't heal and the timer until death keeps going.  save/load fixes the dupe but if they get 1 tick of radiation, they go back into constant incapacitated state not allowing for a dupe to treat them.  seems radiation damage forces them to fall out of the cot, even a shine bug in the hospital can kill a dupe in this manner

Has anyone figured out what materials are best for blocking cosmic radiation?

I didn't notice cosmic radiation was a thing until one of my dupes was vomiting. I tried a bunch of different tiles and none seem to do a great job. Lead plates don't seem to have much of an effect.

All my dupes are in a state of synchronized vomiting due to radiation poisoning.

This is why I love this game.  :)

• Health 1

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Radiation Sensor for automation

Radiation sensor can detect up to 5000 Rad...

Can we please have another one, more basic, unlocked with generic sensors? It should detect to 3,6 Rad and no more.

Without it its such a missed opportunity... :(

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, studley92 said:

Has anyone figured out what materials are best for blocking cosmic radiation?

I didn't notice cosmic radiation was a thing until one of my dupes was vomiting. I tried a bunch of different tiles and none seem to do a great job. Lead plates don't seem to have much of an effect.

All my dupes are in a state of synchronized vomiting due to radiation poisoning.

This is why I love this game.  :)

Maybe lead tiles not working a bug?  Because it seems like that should work?

Apparently not demolishing the natural tiles is the best (oops for current playthrough).  For constructing a shield to block all space radiation: 8 tiles thick of insulated igneous rock (not very practical), 2.5 tiles thick of water or 2 tiles thick of brine (not too bad, basically just move your water tank to the top of the map).

24 minutes ago, AncientGammoner said:

For constructing a shield to block all space radiation: 8 tiles thick of insulated igneous rock (not very practical), 2.5 tiles thick of water or 2 tiles thick of brine (not too bad, basically just move your water tank to the top of the map).

That sounds like it's based purely on tile mass. ~2.4 tons needed to block cosmic radiation.

12 minutes ago, ghkbrew said:

That sounds like it's based purely on tile mass. ~2.4 tons needed to block cosmic radiation.

For water maybe, but it's not purely based on tile mass in general, as you need 8 insulated igneous tiles (8*400kg = 3.2tons) but 24 regular igneous tiles (24*200kg = 4.8 tons).

well since you can't get lead unless you want to cook your dupes on second world that the telaporter connects to ya good luck even then it seems lead doesn't block it and it up to -98F and even brine freezes at -8F so putting any form of water near the surface will not work well

Also, it seems uranium isn't radioactive, so there's that.

I can think of several things that we need after messing with a debug world - and that's effective radiation shielding and, lol.

6 minutes ago, SharraShimada said:

Anyone else having problems with dupes neither producing rad pills nor consuming spawned in ones? They just keep vomiting, but ignore the pills.

Have them sweep the meds into something, maybe they can't see the ingredients or the resultant items.