[Game Update] - 453222

uranium by it's self is not that radioactive well till refined then you get problems now the ore that you could carry around i wouldn't but hey i am rather sure i am smarter then the dupes in game that are stupid enuff to try swimming in lava

damned lag

Edited by noaIV

"Original" implies that copy may exist.

Copy, as in cloning. Maybe.

Also, did some testing. On shot from HYEP! emitter can seriously maim a critter, but cannot kill. This makes the killing process a bit inefficient.

image.thumb.png.1844d4ca9f99aa7b3476f74c547a0de1.png

It can one-shot a dupe for some reason, despite them having more health than a hatch.

image.thumb.png.c0e5ea888353091c55b5b9736131d6ee.png

For every RAD, the emitter charges up 1 HYEP!/cycle, and it fires a shot at 50 HYEP!. The automation disables firing, but it doesn't prevent charging, so you can use it to automate the dupe killing process. Just put it between wheezeworts and you can get a fairly decent charge rate.

The emitter can store more than 50 HYEP! so if you disable it with automation and let it charge up, it will fire multiple shots, and maybe even kill a critter. Or if you want to mass execute people, that works too.

Critters killed by HYEP! doesn't seem to have radioactive contaminants, so the food is safe to eat, if that's what you're wondering about. You just need to deal with the radiation from the wheezeworts, but it shouldn't be that hard.

• Like 1

Wow this update is game breaking, my dupe manning one of my colonies gets 'minor radiation sickness' and spends all day constantly throwing up, maxed out their stress and on the verge of starvation with no end in sight.  What the hell are we suppose to do to cure this?  Rad pills aren't doing anything.

• Big Ups 2

So many questions. I'm not sure where the unimplemented / unintended / feature / bug lines are.

Should radiation sickness (I've only seen minor so far) be displayed as a disease on the vitals screen? I would like some kind of warning state before sickness occurs (and the vomiting starts), e.g. radiation exposure as a percent that can be seen in diagnostics.

Can we see how much radiation exposure dups have had? I can see a radiation absorption in the duplicant properties page (natural and rad bill effect). I want to know when the vomiting will stop.

How does radiation blocking from tile, natural and constructed work?

That will do as first thoughts, I have some chaos to try and clean up.

• Big Ups 1

I guess radiation blocking does not work for now... what would be rally annoying.

But i have 3 asteroids colonized so far, and on all 3 there is just the normal background radiation from 6-28 rads. 2 of the colonys are just fine, and all of the dupes just dont care at all. Only one colony (the swamp one) is suffering heavily and no cure works. Same amount of rads, but only one colony has problems.

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

I got my dupes to finaly chew some rad-medicine, but minor radiation sicknes is persitent, and they spend the whole day vomiting. I guess i have to evacuate the whole colony for now.

I  believe I had the same experience on my No Sweat game.  It was brutal to watch them vomiting, not eating and dying.  I think they might have starved to death even though there was plenty of food.  I know they had taken their medicine.

well this will get a hot fix or 3 since first 2 rocks your fine well a side from space biome now the first one you need to visit via rocket which no mater which start you use normaly has Radioactive in the name ya ........

well only reason first 2 worlds are limited effected is as is any way nothing much there that is radioactive well other then one plant and those god forsaken shine bugs

since unless it gets changed later there are no radioactive ores on the first 2 worlds well unless you ship them from some where else that is or the shine bugs mutate

• Haha 1

I guess, its because its the "radioactive world". The other 2 do not have rads beside background rads. So my guess would be, there is just too much radiation coverage from rad-biomes, not shown by the overlay of some kind. 

But hey, its testing, early access beta, alpha, preview... so what do we expect? Bugs, lots of bugs.

If you check the germ overlay you can see air that has become contaminated. If you have enough wheezeworts or shinebugs gathered to see "barely safe" or slightly hazardous", you are probably polluting the air with "Radioactive contaminants."

20210225222524_1.thumb.jpg.295216c35bcbb2595b9d2327567c2366.jpg

Edited by greywizard
added image
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, melquiades said:

Space definitely is more radioactive than raw uranium ore and it still safe to be in space indefinitely.

I suppose rocket interiors get a pass but this seems counter intuitive. 

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with sickness and feeding their dupes surf and turf or just the cooked fish filets? 

Anyone else have pulsation of radiation coming from a certain crashed satellite?

Edited by The Plum Gate
  • Big Ups 1

Yeah when I first logged in to my old world, I noticed the new radiation overlay that tells me that the radiation around the satellite is extremely deadly. It's kind of annoying since I built my rocket platform for my cargo rocket near it, and I don't have room to put in protective equipments.