[Game Update] - No Earthly Resin Update - Available Now! 452242

• Developer

tree_update.png

Hello friends!

Today we're bringing some more rocketry and space features out of testing. There are three major things to try out now!

The first is new conduit fittings for rocket interiors. These allow you to run plumbing directly between rocket storage modules and a rocket’s interior, allowing for more compact internal layouts, and a completely piped connection between ground infrastructure and internal infrastructure. This includes power, and there is even a new Battery Module to store power between the two systems.

Next, we've expanded the cluster by a couple of planetoids. Please welcome the Water Moonlet and Moo Moonlet to your happy little space family. The new addition of the Hydrogen Engine and Scanner Module will allow exploration out into these far reaches of space.

And finally, on these moonlets you're bound to find new sources of supermaterial components (or supermaterials themselves if you’re lucky!). While we still have some work remaining before all base game content is available in the cluster system, this takes us one big step closer to completing that goal!

And with that it seems we've caught up with the edge of space, which means it's time to turn our attention back inward and see what we can discover on the planetoids of the cluster…. Hm, what's that glowing green stuff…?

Let us know how rockets and the new planetoids are working out for you in the feedback forums or filing bug reports. Thank you as always for your support and participation!

What's New and Improved?

Features

• Added new Rocket Interior Fittings:
    • Power Outlet Fitting
    • Liquid Intake/Output Fittings
    • Gas Intake/Output Fittings
    • Conveyor Receptacle/Loader Fittings
  • Added new modules and updated modules from base-game
    • New Battery Module for rockets which stores excess power generated by a rocket engine or ground facilities. Provides stored power to Interior Rocket Outlets
      • Rocket engines now generate some power while in flight
    • New "Scanner Module" that will allow rockets to explore unexplored space and reveal tiles as they go
      • Revealing tiles on the cluster map with a Telescope or Scanner Module "peeks at" other nearby tiles, giving hints as to where other planets might be
    • Added Spaced Out! versions of the Hydrogen Engine and Liquid Oxidizer Tank
    • Added CryoFuel Propulsion tech to the Research Screen
  • Expanded on the cluster and its resources:
    • Added new “Moo Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters
    • Added new “Water Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters
    • Add a new Resin Rooster point of interest. It will appear on newly generated Marshy Moonlets. (Art/Sound are work-in-progress)
    • Added "Resin" material to the game. This is a precursor to Isoresin
    • Added “Graphite” material and recipes to the game. This is a precursor to Fullerene
  • Suit Durability is now a custom game setting
  • In progress: New effects added to rocket modules to indicate when a rocket is ready to launch

Fixes

• Potential workaround for users crashing before the Klei logo. Try adding “--force-opengl” to the Launch Options in Steam (right click Oxygen Not Included -> Properties)
  • Fixed a temperature related crash which primarily happened on the frozen world with iron volcanoes
  • Fixed an issue where sometimes a geyser's output would transition the wrong element, which made it appear as if a different element was being emitted
  • The new version of the Large Liquid Tank had an incorrect ID, which may have caused save/load issues. If you have a Large Liquid Tank in your save, you will need to deconstruct it and rebuild it
  • Fixed replacing a Spacefarer Module with a Solo Spacefarer Nosecone showing excess backwall
  • Fixed sounds for base game Rocket Engines in Spaced Out!
  • Power sources no longer complain about missing consumers if there is a battery or transformer on the network
  • Display worldgen failure popup when guaranteed POIs are not successfully placed and return to main menu
  • Updated Korean and Chinese translations
  • Fixed rockets in space being "entombed" on load

Audio

• Added new sounds to main menu
  • Added sound for Trailblazer Module and Scout Lander
  • Added ambient loop to the main menu

Art and Animation

• New Duplicant animation in the main menu
  • Incremental loading animations for the Orbital Cargo Module
  • New animations for the Interplanetary Payload
  • Repositioned side view of Oxygen Mask
  • Visual updates to rocket engines that were ported over from the base game
  • Finalized artwork for Orbital Cargo Module
  • Added a Duplicant to the Spaced Out! main menu
  • Battery Module's meter now follows it when the rocket is rearranged or launched

UI

• Fix for issue preventing some colony diagnostic alert settings from save/loading correctly
  • Rockets automatically request their crew/kick out passengers when the launch button is pressed, rather than requiring correct crew to press the button. This obsoletes the "Auto" crew setting and makes launching a rocket less fiddly
  • Center moons on the Choose A Destination screen
  • Fixed animations on the Choose A Destination screen
  • Centering Done button on options screens
  • Improved organization of the rocket checklist
  • Rework to the rocket module sidescreen
  • Worlds are listed in the order they are discovered. Does not apply to worlds already discovered worlds in existing saves
  • The "Cargo not loaded" launch condition was showing a blank message
  • Launch button and destination select are now on the Spacefarer Module, not the Basic Nosecone

Worldgen

• Niobium Volcano is now guaranteed to spawn
  • Fixed a number of worldgen failures due to guaranteed geysers not spawning
  • Moved outer cluster worlds further out now that more rocket engines exist

Mods

• Worldgen: We restructured the StreamingAssets folder separating the base and Spaced Out! files
  • Worldgen: We are phasing out the pointsOfInterest list in favour of using subworldTemplateRules

tree_update_noTitles.png

View full update

Note: Since this update contains worldgen changes, you'll have to start a new game to see the new planetoids and resources. There will continue to be tweaks and improvements to worldgen as Early Access continues, but at this point all these resources we've added are accessible on new maps.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Big Ups 3
  • GL Happy 2

34 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • New Duplicant animation in the main menu
  • Incremental loading animations for the Orbital Cargo Module
  • New animations for the Interplanetary Payload
  • Repositioned side view of Oxygen Mask
  • Visual updates to rocket engines that were ported over from the base game
  • Finalized artwork for Orbital Cargo Module
  • Added a Duplicant to the Spaced Out! main menu
  • Battery Module's meter now follows it when the rocket is rearranged or launched

...back into the trenches I go! :wilson_ecstatic:

Spoiler

Also I fixed Nikola's jumpsuit color :wilson_goodjob:

tree_update_noTitles.thumb.png.39cb68e4a9ca8cbc0c529ad29843267e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

using debug/sandbox mode, the tree appears to produce depending on how much kcal you give it.  one frost burger 6000kcal put 3kg of resin in the tree so i assume 50% of kcal consumed becomes resin.  it eats pretty fast

so far i have only found to get isoresin from resin is to boil it.  at 127c it becomes 75% steam and 25% isoresin, isoresin melts to naphtha at 200c so can't just through it at the tungsten volcanoes.  we need 15kg isoresin for insulation and 35kg for 100kg or one tile of visco gel

so... for 1 liquid lock, 2 tiles of visco gel, we need 35kg* 4 = 140kg resin, 140kg resin = 280,000 kcal of food... for every insulated insulation pipe section we will need 15kg * 4 = 60kg isoresin * 4 = 240kg resin = 480,000kcal of food

we're gonna need to set up some huge food factories to satisfy this hungry tree.  it eats the food darn pretty fast but holy cow does it seem insatiable.  with frost burgers, it ate about 2.1million kcal over 1 cycle for 1,000kg and still 'oozing', it ended at 1050kg of resin split evenly between both sides.  this resin would make about 262.5kg iso resin, enough for 1 insulated pipe or 3.75 tiles of visco gel

this tree would be great if it just ate less food.  i think everyone would be happy with the resin output but the food input is so high right now... 

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

Playing a bit with it, yeah -- seems like 50% of kcal becomes resin within the tree, then to add what you found, it looks like once it's collected 50kg of resin within itself it enters an "Ooze" state, and the resin will drain out.   I think it looked like it had to drain before it could eat again?

Overall, I'd probably just try to turn the whole asteroid into a giant farm with wild plants.   Let sweepers collect everything and drop it off at the tree.

• Like 1

I like the idea that the High End Base Game Items are comming back in another way. It's still a little bit out i think.

I wonder will Graphite be regeneratable again via Geyser or Molecular Forge from Refined Coal.
Also some Vulcanos and Geyers / Vents are still missing.

I also think Performance can be again an issue. Right now i just can keep it up when i keep the grounds clear. Stored entities are less consuming then free ones. At least it feels like it since they are compacted and with high Masses thus less math operations.

Also still wondering if Random Geysers are comming back and the Worldtraits too. I hope you guys have a plan for both ^^.

I for myself wish for more options for the Molecular Forge and the Crafting bench as well as options to get Ores as a renewable. And a base game solution for refined metals in normal Machines like the Gas Pump or Water Pump.
Cool would be also a new High End Material to jump way over the Overheat Temperature of Thermium to create Magma.

Edited by Sergadra
Too soon comited. Formating
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergadra said:

Random Geysers are comming back

aren't there a few already? Just in much smaller number since theres less space for them to be spread out in. I recall a pwater geyser on my radiation asteroid when there hadn't been one last run.

Also - please....gassy moo reproduction in some way, i'm crossing my fingers!

1 hour ago, zach123b said:

so far i have only found to get isoresin from resin is to boil it.  at 127c it becomes 75% steam and 25%

Ooh a use for the bug I found:

You should be able to get ~70% conversion to isoresin.

Edit: aww, nevermind.  It's apparently been patched already.

Edited by ghkbrew
math is hard

3 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

aren't there a few already? Just in much smaller number since theres less space for them to be spread out in. I recall a pwater geyser on my radiation asteroid when there hadn't been one last run.

Also - please....gassy moo reproduction in some way, i'm crossing my fingers!

As of yet it looks like it is hardcoded what spawns on what. The Geyser Locations on the Asteroids only change with switching between map Types. At least i could not find diffrences yet. But i wouldn't be suprised if someone proves me wrong did not test well enough.

(Please also Qoute a bit more of the Text this looks now a little misleading ^^ )

• Like 1

Since this update contains worldgen changes, you'll have to start a new game

otherwise you do not see the changes - I have loaded old saves and did not see the (all) changes, of course.

One new receipt in the molecular forge:

fulleren - graphite, sulphur and Aluminum

I do not know where to get graphite - please share who knows

Isoresin by heating up resin. Resin from the tree. It will be good to have processing at the forge but not.

3 hours ago, pether said:

Probably nothing. Completly normal phenomenom.

Great update, thanks a lot guys!!

This green glowing stuff is radioactive matter on the pip planet - so Klei is turning their head towards radioactive things.

I would like to get meteors - regolith, ore falling from the sky

Fulleren is finally made back to the game - hurray for supercoolant though we have yet to find how to make graphite 

And yes, thermium receipt is still in the molecular forge option.

Edited by KonfigSys
thermium receipt
  • Sad Dupe 1

Yay! Cant wait to explore the new Stuff :) I'm rapidly approaching 2000 hours with ONI, but I can savely say that I never had more fun with the game than right now. Space Exploration is a genius addition to the base game. infinitely expandable, infinite fun!

Judging from a pre-existing save, the "change Spacefarer Nosecone to something else - get 2400 kg Steel for free" bug is still in the game - which seems strange to me, since it is relatively easy to fix and also kiiiinda gamebreaking in the sense that you can just skip steel production alltogether with a couple of klicks. You can resist the temptation of course, but it is bound to happen by accident at some point anyway. Just wanted to throw that out there. Or is it fixed with new games?

Edited by fleranon