[Game Update] - No Earthly Resin Update - Available Now! 452242

Just now, KonfigSys said:

is it renewable? I would think that you can get graphite from coal by applying temperature/pressure.

No, not renewable, at least for now. But there's a large number of graphite, about 30 tons after digging. If there's no other way to use graphite, just making the super coolant, I think it's enough for a long time.

Just now, Nuclearpower said:

So maybe i have missed something..... but if the Water Planet is now only reachable with the hydrogen Engine

.....and graphite, which is necessary for supercoolent is on this planet..... How can we make the Fuel to get there ? Does anyone figuered put yet ? Thank you

The old fashioned way, whippersnapper! 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Note: Since this update contains worldgen changes, you'll have to start a new game to see the new planetoids and resources.

That sucks, I made pretty big Spaced Out base, do not want to start over. Is there any chance to get new planetoids using mods?

46 minutes ago, Nuclearpower said:

So maybe i have missed something..... but if the Water Planet is now only reachable with the hydrogen Engine

.....and graphite, which is necessary for supercoolent is on this planet..... How can we make the Fuel to get there ? Does anyone figuered put yet ? Thank you

Well, you can liquify the hydrogen using thermo regulators at 10% pipe capacity, or you could super cool water with aquatuners at 10% capacity and liquify the hydrogen that way. However, I agree there must be some other way.

1 hour ago, KonfigSys said:

is it renewable? I would think that you can get graphite from coal by applying temperature/pressure.

you get enough graphite for about 3,000,000kg of super coolant.  i got about 25-30t of graphite and it's 90kg graphite for 100kg fullerene.  you need 1kg fullerene per 100kg super coolant.  so unless you want to fill a couple planets with super coolant, you shouldn't need an endless supply of graphite

50 minutes ago, Nuclearpower said:

Can't you still reach it with petroleum? It's 5 tiles away from center(n=1, so not sure how accurate this is), so you can have two full tank of petroleum and get 12 range, enough for a round trip.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve8 said:

How does the sap tree work? I only looked at it for a few cycles in sandbox/debug mode and all I see it doing was attack things. People say you need to feed it food, but it's not eating anything.

as you feed it food [as in, anything that has a kcal value], resin builds up inside it. Once you feed it enough, it oozes out that resin so duplicants can collect it. It eats a lot, so setting up operations on it's home asteroid and forming a large food production scheme is recommended.

Would love for us to have the ability of transferring our existing dupes to a new map, that gets us around the new worldgen required with-out losing all our dupes and slowly starting from scratch again.

Maybe make it something in game, the ability to transfer things between saves via a portal similar to how they can teleport between the starting asteroid and nearest neighbour?

i will just be happy when they stop shrinking the start worlds or at least add some bigger options to start on but ya guessing that will be a long while since they have not even worked the bugs out of world gen

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

The new rocket-intake and -outlet ports are a step in the right direktion. However since you'd need 3 modules (gas, liquid, battery) not even the large petroleum engine can handle a simple cargo-freighter, that can go between the nearest planetoid and the main base automatically. It would be better if the ports allowed you to pipe direclty to the ports on the rocket-platform. 

I get that it is a gameplay-design to prevent the game from getting too easy and make you really think hard about rocket design. But at some point, you just want to set up an automated cargo-route between planets and not having to deal with it every single cycle. That's not challenging, that's tedious. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the idea of a multi-planetary colony. But I'd rather see the rockets like the ships in e.g. the Anno-Series, where different tech-levels of ships can transport more and more goods without you having to manually load and unload everything the crew needs to live before every lift-off. 

But maybe we'll get there in future updates. Keep it up, Klei! ONI has been my favorite game for years now! :)

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

I'd just put a conveyor chute in the interior and there's my solids storage. Gasses and liquids are another story. Could go the frozen liquids or as solids, or liquid gasses as frozen solids, be mighty cold in the rocket - so I think they may have set the internal thermal resistance to at least prevent this ( thermal clamping ).

8 hours ago, Lbphero said:

as you feed it food [as in, anything that has a kcal value], resin builds up inside it. Once you feed it enough, it oozes out that resin so duplicants can collect it

It's how to feed it that I didn't understand. Dupes don't bring anything to it and you can't load it with autosweepers. Apparently you have to drop the food right on the tree tiles

36 minutes ago, Steve8 said:

It's how to feed it that I didn't understand. Dupes don't bring anything to it and you can't load it with autosweepers. Apparently you have to drop the food right on the tree tiles

Yup, it seems so. It confused me as well, probably because of the thumbnail suggesting that dupes will bring offerings to the tree-god.

2 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

So... it is time to have a system in order to manage how bad a food can be for dupes to eat/cook it :-D

I was thinking drop my food onto a weight plate that activates a sweeper when it's above a certain weight to take out lower quality foods. I'm sure people with more imagination will come up with more impressive builds.