[Game Update] - No Earthly Resin Update - Available Now! 452242

22 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Expanded on the cluster and its resources:

• Added new “Moo Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters
  • Added new “Water Moonlet” to Terra and Swamp Clusters

Moonlets... ok. We have a Terra/Swamp Cluster that consists of asteroids, planetoids, moonlets? Are they different/the same? Why are there 3 different words for the same thing? (Am I missing something that is obvious in english? *I didn't take an astronomy class...)

Spoiler

image.png.cfcc2ae1be09f343c16cde65d5eed05a.png  image.png.9b84a9e21c68eb828c39c58a040c224b.png  

image.png.358c5b2a925ecb22b066f3e43da99048.png

or... you suggest that we will have a sun, planets and orbits of moonlets around planets later on? :-D

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

Moonlets... ok. We have a Terra/Swamp Cluster that consists of asteroids, planetoids, moonlets? Are they different/the same? Why are there 3 different words for the same thing?

My best guess would be that they are just different in size. Moonlets are probably smaller than planetoids. By naming them that way them make us expect a smaller map for moonlets than for planetoids.

20 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

My best guess would be that they are just different in size. Moonlets are probably smaller than planetoids. By naming them that way them make us expect a smaller map for moonlets than for planetoids.

I know but..

image.png.5dcd8cd5b62e9266ac20ff9ddee8a9a3.png

Descriptions describe differently. Everything is an asteroid, then it is a planetoid in starmap ("oversee planetoid" button), but moonlet in updates :-D

Also ... I don't know much of astronomy definitions but I think usually moon refers to something orbiting something else other than a sun

• Like 1

i am wondering why the surface seems to be covered in abyssilte have seen it on 2 seeds so far it can't be to keep it warm up there it as low as -94 F in that area so ya no chance in hell it warm and not like we have any thing that hits the surface yet

1 hour ago, noaIV said:

i just want larger rocks to start in where i don't scroll out and see the damned map edge they can't shrink much more before the edge hits the start zone

I think a fewer minor bodies, larger staring area should eventually be a world gen option.

41 minutes ago, noaIV said:

i am wondering why the surface seems to be covered in abyssilte have seen it on 2 seeds so far it can't be to keep it warm up there it as low as -94 F in that area so ya no chance in hell it warm and not like we have any thing that hits the surface yet

They did this to prevent thibgs like magma from spilling into space.

The water planet could probably stand to have a bit more going on with it at the surface, don't know if you can land under water but there's supposed to be an island or two.

On 2/18/2021 at 10:05 PM, fleranon said:

Yay! Cant wait to explore the new Stuff :) I'm rapidly approaching 2000 hours with ONI, but I can savely say that I never had more fun with the game than right now. Space Exploration is a genius addition to the base game. infinitely expandable, infinite fun!

I'm only at 1293.8h, but these were the best £30 (base game and DLC) I've ever spent! 

• Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

12 hours ago, Eldenissio said:

I'm only at 1293.8h, but these were the best £30 (base game and DLC) I've ever spent! 

same. The price is ridiculously low compared to the years (!) of pure fun I got out of the game. spaced out frightens me a bit: before the Addon, your world was perfect and finished at some point, but now I just hop onto the next planet and work on my gigantic multiplanetary dupe society. There is literally no end in sight. The only reason to quit a game at the moment are updates & changes to the world seed, then I start a new one.

I hope that ONI will enjoy the same support and care as dont starve, and that every now and then an addon with new biomes and critters will come out. for years and years to come. ONI is the game to end all other games for me.

Thanks Klei. I appreciate the hell out of you guys, you are so much more than just a game company.

Edited by fleranon
  • Like 2

On 2/20/2021 at 3:50 PM, fleranon said:

ONI is the game to end all other games for me.

Thanks Klei. I appreciate the hell out of you guys, you are so much more than just a game company.

that's what it did to me... I had AC Valhalla installed on the launch day, but never played, since ONI has priority.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 4:42 AM, Eldenissio said:

I think time spent being entertained has stopped being a good metric for what Klei delivers with ONI ;-)

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, zach123b said:

man i hate that hatch bug, it'll make the hatch unwrangable.  it just keeps popping up wrangled then fall back into the ground, burrowed.  happens even when you drop the hatch onto tiles

That bug has been there for years. Klei should rectify that soon. Literally and figuratively.

7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

That bug has been there for years.

Years..? :o 

I never had problems before winter updates (before DLC or at least around summer). Recently it got worse... It's not only wrangle. If you are lucky wrangled hatches will start looping at night (save-reload, they fall wrangled) but if you are unlucky and dig the tile of a burrowed hatch it will teleport to the right and stay there in natural tiles until you dig that tile and teleports again to the right.... 

Spoiler

hatch.thumb.jpg.186967d95d2f397b0a2f395a04b8a0d9.jpg

Now, I either let them lay an egg or yellow alert wrangle at night..

• Big Ups 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

the hatch thing is not a serious bug IMO, and not really relevant after the early game. My hatches will never burrow again anyway, they just breed and drown. There is no hiding in the ground from their fate.

The aforementioned "free steel by nosecone" bug is way more annoying and a constant temptation for me. 

hatch.jpg

• Big Ups 1

25 minutes ago, NotSoLonelyDupe said:

I can't seem to figure out how to harvest the resin from the tree. any tips?

It seems that you need to provide it foods. At some point (~50 kg of resin), the tree will let it out and you will be able to mop/pump it.

• Thanks 1