Lightning rod should be able to be touched!

Having a lightning rod in my base is super super helpful, but it's really dissapointing that it removes the entire overcharge aspect from WX whenever i'm in my base, which is a large majority of the gameplay, it would be really nice if you could touch the rod as WX and consume the charge in it and move it to yourself.

10 minutes ago, BezKa said:

Only if you can you touch it as any other character as well and get zapped, so character can comment "What was I thinking!" Or "It was for science, so it's worth it"

And since wormwood is a plant he doesnt get zapped and he wonders what the other characters complain about

This would be pretty broken though considering it's just a guaranteed speed boost & light source for an entire season and other times as well--all for just one character at the cost of nothing. Makes perfect sense, but mechanically shouldn't be allowed, imo.

7 minutes ago, Souper said:

This would be pretty broken though considering it's just a guaranteed speed boost & light source for an entire season and other times as well--all for just one character at the cost of nothing. Makes perfect sense, but mechanically shouldn't be allowed, imo.

Then i could simply let the lightning hit me, but having the rod there is for good safety if im not there

8 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

Maybe the lightning rod could be assembled and disassembled, so that when WX is around, they can take it down, then set it up again when they go elsewhere? A moveable lightning rod might be useful in general.

I was going to say "isn't this what hammers are for", but I guess you do lose gold nuggets if you take it apart with a hammer and then put it back up.

13 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

Maybe the lightning rod could be assembled and disassembled, so that when WX is around, they can take it down, then set it up again when they go elsewhere? A moveable lightning rod might be useful in general.

Maybe klei can add that it can use wires to connect wx to the lighting rod to  get the overcharge effect

2 hours ago, BezKa said:

Only if you can touch it as any other character as well and get zapped, so character can comment "What was I thinking!" Or "It was for science, so it's worth it"

You've been blessed with the mythical ScottHansen reaction. May the gods be ever in your favor.

As a solo player I love this idea, maybe it gives a much weaker charge (only half of what being hit by actual lightning would provide) when you absorb a charge from a rod and you need to use up a frazzled wires each time so it isn't too strong?

Would give a cool extra use to all the frazzled wires you get from the ruins instead of just turning them into gold. I love trinkets that have additional uses like the spork, melty marbles etc. The Melty Marbles extra use via Slingshot was absolutely genius in my opinion.

If something like this was added to the game I would play WX a WHOLE ton more!

10 hours ago, Souper said:

That's the tradeoff.

So WX being able to be frequently overcharged during spring when playing alone or with other WX is completely fine and balanced, but if he's with other players he should grief the base so that one player moves a little faster?

this is something I would like to see in a WX78 rework but there should be some catch... maybe the Rod only holds a stable charge for X duration? (All strikes on the rod till that timer is up can no longer charge WX to avoid abuse of this feature)

Or Maybe he needs to craft some special structure that consumes the charge? In fact let’s just go with that... give The Lightning Rod more uses.... period. Not just for WX- Give us structures that can only be powered by that charge.

Would give more vital importance to Spring, and Wickers End is Nigh.

But ultimately yes: WX should be able to consume the charge.. 

But maybe perhaps too much charge is a bad thing?

WX78- “System Overload..” Ka-Boom!

Wormwood- “Haha Robot friend go Boom too.”

WX can already charge alone on command with the Telelocator, just need to move out of range of any lightning rods and remove any insulating clothing and zap a rabbit or mole or pig man etc.

For all that make a 1 use item that consumes similar mats to 1 Tele-use and pulls the charge from the rod. Maybe a Jump Box,  1-2 purple gems, a living log and 4 rock or something, or replace the living log with wires (are wires renewable? Can't remember). Maybe allow the box to hold a charge for use later if desired.

Archived