Just an idea to throw out there. I'd love to see DST's cookbook as merch with actual recipes for the game's crockpot foods. Some of them, like pierogi or moqueca, actually exist and look delicious. I'd love to try making them at home.

Sure, you could just search for the recipes on the internet, but following an official DST cookbook to make food that appears in Don't Starve would really be something else.

As for the dishes that use non real world ingredients, those ingredients could be substituted for ones that do exist just for the fun of it, like glowberry mousse using blueberries instead of glowberries.

I've been wanting to get into cooking and it'd be really fun to experiment with something like this. Have you got any interesting thoughts to share on this?

Perfect merch ideas don't exis-... OMG there it is, shatap and take my money!

Given that DST loves to take inspiration from international cuisine, It'd actually be a really cool cookbook, both to have as a nice merchandise to have on your coffee table like this Pokemon anatomy book but use to make new meals and potentially as a cheat sheet for the game. 

While we're at it could we also have a Codex Umbra? You have no idea how much I'd adore to read an actual copy of the Codex Umbra full with pages and information on the world of the constant, the shadow creatures and magic in general. It could be in similar vein to Gravity Fall's Journal 3 book.

I would buy it for 100 dollars no joke, please Klei.

6 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Do I need to remind you what happened to the last guy who read the Codex Umbra? :P

now he looks cooler than before

40 minutes ago, Hornete said:

While we're at it could we also have a Codex Umbra?

it could be added as bestiary in the compendium and real life

would totally buy it

11 hours ago, Hornete said:

While we're at it could we also have a Codex Umbra? You have no idea how much I'd adore to read an actual copy of the Codex Umbra full with pages and information on the world of the constant, the shadow creatures and magic in general. It could be in similar vein to Gravity Fall's Journal 3 book.

Make it half lore book/half notebook for us theorists.:wilson_smile:

17 hours ago, Hatty DeWitt said:

pierogi - actually exist and look delicious. I'd love to try making them at home.

There is nothing quite like homemade pierogis. When my family makes them we like to make huge ones, like some kind of Polish calzone. They are easy to make too.

Just basically make a ravioli but instead of meat and marinara sauce, just fill it with cheesy mashed potatoes, and add melted butter and onions on top. Serve with some sour cream and throw on some chives if that tickles your fancy and boom, 40 health a pop.

2 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Just basically make a ravioli but instead of meat and marinara sauce, just fill it with cheesy mashed potatoes, and add melted butter and onions on top. Serve with some sour cream and throw on some chives if that tickles your fancy and boom, 40 health a pop.

You forgot the meat. 

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Real life dragon pie looks more like it would remove 40 hp from your gums, rather than giving.

15627091035d250c6fb2583.thumb.jpg.fd6299de5b4d1208d6f36462a05e6612.jpgNot necessarily, this recipe I found looks pretty tasty. Sure, you can make a Dragonpie with 3 sticks but you can also do it with Butter, Egg and Electric Milk too [although I don't see one being able to make the pie dough without any flour of sorts]

Amberosia.png.90847116e1db682a0b1122e1cc0e2be4.pngWhat I'd actually be intrigued to find out from such a cookbook merch would be the recipe for Amberossia. I'd really appreciate learning how to make myself a potion of youth or conjure gold.

18 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

There is nothing quite like homemade pierogis. When my family makes them we like to make huge ones, like some kind of Polish calzone. They are easy to make too.

My Polish family also makes pierogi. We do them regular size with meat! I've seen them with cheese, berries, salad, lots of things (doesn't mean I like all of them though aha) We make loads and then freeze them. They boil very quickly and so damn yummy. 

Archived