Would I get more hours out of this game then Terraria?

I find progression in DST to be a lot slower than Terraria, so I personally have more hours in DST. Terraria has one main focus which is combat, where DST has combat and survival. In terraria you don't have to worry about starvation so you don't have to spend time to make a food farm on top of getting the next tier of weapons and armor. 

That being said both great games

4 hours ago, werufonu said:

Or no? :)

This is easily my most played game on my Xbox so I would safely say yeah? But it really depends on what you enjoy playing- I love don’t starve & don’t starve together, but they arent everyone’s cup of tea- these can be some brutal and unforgiving games, you will die and you will die often... but that’s just part of learning so you get better to (maybe not die?)

P.S. I still die anyway, so hours played = nothing :lol:

I've got double the amount of hours I do in DST to Terraria. So you could definitely get a lot of hours into the game if you really enjoy it. Although, even though the two are sandbox games, they're still fairly different in progression and such. Terraria is much more combat focused, and DST is much more focused on survival (although combat does play a role in that, but terraria does it better imo.)

For me personally Terraria is a lot more of a short burst while DST is more long-term. I remember when I first got Terraria I played upwards of like 12 hours a day for a week or two (don't judge me :lol:) while DST I find myself hanging out on my worlds a lot longer. So i'd say DST, but yeah I am probably quite biased lol.

I don't think so. Terraria is a game based on crafting. You craft things to craft more things and it have so much content which the best part of it. Terraria is winner in content and replayability.

Don't Starve have an awesome atmosphere and art style. It's based on surviving, not killing bosses. Content is not much as terraria but it's better and more detailed.

They are pretty different games but you will waste your time so much if you like it.

There's no microtransactions in terraria either, which automatically makes it better imo. All the cosmetics you can get are in-game. :D

Not to mention, terraria has much, much more content and with the added bonus of none of this "you have to be online to get the skins you paid for" nonsense that this game is fond of. You will always have access to Terraria even if you have internet outages.

There's also not as much lag because it doesn't force you to make a server + caves.

I highly doubt it. Don't Starve Together gets insanely repetitive, and even when you get tired of all the Terraria bosses & builds/items, there are mods that add tons of more high quality content. Both great games though.

1 hour ago, Souper said:

I highly doubt it. Don't Starve Together gets insanely repetitive, and even when you get tired of all the Terraria bosses & builds/items, there are mods that add tons of more high quality content. Both great games though.

Mod argument applies to both games.

3 hours ago, Hornete said:

To be fair though, Terrarias have a lot more expansive giant DLC sized mods. I have yet to see anything thatd be like a Calamity mod equivalent in DSTs workshop.

Yeah, compared to Terraria this game has nearly no mods. If there were a ton of mods that each added as much content as there already is in the entire base game + RoG + ANR + RoT the mod situation would be more comparable. Most of the mods on the Workshop just add a single character or something while it's commonplace for Terraria mods to add hundreds or even thousands of things to the game.

6 hours ago, Lbphero said:

steam_XlYP5X8WBj.png.3a99477d85ebd2c4ac159b0504bc1079.pngsteam_WLGfnTVKgU.png.ae50e3e9db16a90a88d9eebf24f05373.png

incredibly easily

I notice you're making a forum post about your playtime while the game has "STOP" instead of "PLAY". Intriguing...

Archived