Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

10 minutes ago, WalterCool said:

That's all for me, peace out.

How can I remove all my data? I don't want my info to be provided by free to CCP

Thanks

if you click on "disable data collection" in-game, there will be an option to see their privacy policy. quoting from there, 

Access the personal data we hold about you

If you request, we will provide you a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.

Your other rights

You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share your data, and restrict how we use or share your data.

Requests may be submitted to legal@kleientertainment.com - We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.

6 minutes ago, HeilerderWelten said:

This won't kill DST and it won't kill Klei. Tencent isn't that bad. Atleast they aren't EA.

Dunno man, i'm hoping this will only be but helpful for klei but seeing tencent's record i'm not sure. Let's just hope they know how to deal with them if things get out of hand.

Wait.... what....? So my favourite game is now essentially owned by a company that is partially owned by the CCP? Is this actually serious and not an early april fools? Please tell me this isn't real PLEASE.

Like have Klei got a paper bag over their head and are not aware of everything thats been happening this past couple of years let alone in the last like 50+ years....?

I will not continue to support a game and company that are linked to the CCP, that is completely against everything I believe in and I am not supporting what occurred/is occurring in Hong Kong and what will likely end up happening to Taiwan, India and others.

This is an absolute travesty and is utterly disgusting. Klei you should be deeply ashamed and should be looking for anyway to get out of or reverse this. I will be moving on from DST to another game

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont like how this sounds and tencent, if they owner klei, they can decide if something will be added or not because is who has the money and i dont like it

also, i dont like how the chinesse goverment acts, they are the closer thing to an orwell distopian dictatorship and it should be removed from good of every human that lives in china and outside because they are getting too powerful and more evil every year

Yep, our beloved game is now associated with some of the biggest injustices committed in the world and one of if not the most detrimental group to our planet right now.

6 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

Dunno man, i'm hoping this will only be but helpful for klei but seeing tencent's record i'm not sure. Let's just hope they know how to deal with them if things get out of hand.

They've already said that Tencent defers to them and that they have full rights over anything, not to mention that nothing will change. It's fine, don't worry.

6 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

Wait.... what....? So my favourite game is now essentially owned by a company that is partially owned by the CCP? Is this actually serious and not an early april fools? Please tell me this isn't real PLEASE.

Like have Klei got a paper bag over their head and are not aware of everything thats been happening this past couple of years let alone in the last like 50+ years....?

I will not continue to support a game and company that are linked to the CCP, that is completely against everything I believe in and I am not supporting what occurred/is occurring in Hong Kong and what will likely end up happening to Taiwan, India and others.

This is an absolute travesty and is utterly disgusting. Klei you should be deeply ashamed and should be looking for anyway to get out of or reverse this. I will be moving on from DST to another game

Having a stake in a company doesn't mean they own it. It means they have part of the company's stock. Very different things.
Also, IIRC, Tencent is a private company (not entirely sure, take this with a grain of salt). That being said, saying Tencent is at fault for what happened in HK is like saying American companies funded the death of Soleimami.

5 hours ago, TheHollowKnight said:

I know nothing about tencent but i know a lot of people dont like them for stuff, but im not concerned since you say you will still have control over the game, good luck with this klei, and stay safe!

Once upon a time, Bobby Kotick told the executives at Blizzard that they'd still be running the show after being bought out by Activision.  Fast forward a bit and we get a real money auction house in Diablo 3.  Fast forward a bit more and we get nearly hundreds of Blizzard employees getting laid off in a year in which Activision/Blizzard recorded record profits.  Too often these things begin with the promise of honey and end with a helping of vinegar.

1 hour ago, Beehawk said:

Dropping a game because it has Tencent as an investor does nothing, because they're going to get money regardless.

Also, actual question: do you really even care?

I think the question is fair, and I do think that most of the people who are screaming on here "save the Uighurs" have their homes choke full with Chinese products, and never once bothered to check how and where the nice new shirt they just bought was manufactured; BUT for myself, I sometimes did spend money on Klei just because I felt like I owed them something and wanted to thank them for all the heart and soul their pour into their games and not because I really wanted this or that skin. I cannot really see myself doing that for a majority Chinese owned company, and it seems to me like many here feel similarly.

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

if these news get your rude posting out of these forums then it'll have been worth it

comparing my "rude posting" (lol) to selling your business to communists 

Is exactly what I mean by "talking out of your ass"

29 minutes ago, Beehawk said:

They've already said that Tencent defers to them and that they have full rights over anything, not to mention that nothing will change. It's fine, don't worry.

Having a stake in a company doesn't mean they own it. It means they have part of the company's stock. Very different things.
Also, IIRC, Tencent is a private company (not entirely sure, take this with a grain of salt). That being said, saying Tencent is at fault for what happened in HK is like saying American companies funded the death of Soleimami.

I didn't say that Tencent were at fault but they are owned by the CCP who WERE responsible. I'd rather not have anything to do with a company associated with CCP.

Oh they aren't DIRECTLY responsible or involved so I should just be completely ok with it? What has been happening at the hands of the CCP is beyond disgusting and highly detrimental to the entire world (minus China..) and I don't want anything to do with any company or individual associated with or supporting them. Full stop.

Also thinking nothing will change is just foolish. Tencent's reputation preceed them and they will 100% start to make Klei to do things that are shady or go against what Klei believe in/want to do. It is only a matter of time.

Look at Newhome, everyone was mocking it and had little to no interest and were discussing how it shouldn't be considered Canon or change the lore we have but now....? The company making it literally owns Klei, it could potentially be the main version of DS moving forward now.

It is utterly disgusting seeing the apathy displayed here. Even more disgusting are the excuses for supporting this decision. Worst of all is the rationale from some that because you buy products made in china and don't live a life completely free of any china made products and any contribution to anything negative you are somehow not allowed to have an opinion or feel strongly about this subject and are a hypocrite. What a ******* joke.

the fun thing is to see people saying pest and **** over klei for making deals with tencent but they have any moral problem to buy phones with bateries that are mined by slaves and destroys the ecosystem, eating food that is made of unneccessary suffering, wearing cloths sew by people that work for many hours for few cents for day and a very and sad etc

this news could be bad but isnt as bad as many other things that you dont care at all

3 minutes ago, Seero said:

comparing my "rude posting" (lol) to selling your business to communists 

Is exactly what I mean by "talking out of your ass"

nobody is comparing he is just saying that bad news sometimes comes with good ones :)

5 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

We're still going to be managing all the IP that Klei creates. If anything, Tencent has shown real respect to us and consistently deferred to us in what and how to present our work, which is one of the reasons we chose them as our partner.

Well tell the you want to make a game about Winnie the Pooh in Tibet. See how that goes...

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the fun thing is to see people saying pest and **** over klei for making deals with tencent but they have any moral problem to buy phones with bateries that are mined by slaves and destroys the ecosystem, eating food that is made of unneccessary suffering, wearing cloths sew by people that work for many hours for few cents for day and a very and sad etc

But that's none of your business on what we don't pest over since it's off-topic, this is about Klei and TenCent, Not apple and cobalt miners.

Nice assumption btw, because we stayed on-topic, you think we're okay with phones being created by slaves.

Archived