Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

Tencent tends to raise the control over companys they invest in over time. Guys please be VERY careful about them. Dont sign anything without your layers telling you what the paper will mean to to.

As for my personal feelings: I would not cooperate with a company who is suing private people over criticizing this company.

Tencent is hardcore turbo capitalism, nothing else.. They dont care about you at KLEI, neither about us as gamers. They care only about 2 things in this world. Money and control.

If you really think, this is the right way for you to go... consider an emergency exit option in the contract. You may need it.

Glad I left the franchise when I did. Now every cent you give to Klei is a cent given to Tencent (China). Why would you guys even do this?? I warned you all

Now is a good time to quit the company guys. Seriously. Actually make a change for once and don't give money to Tencent, stop spending money on Klei.

unknown.png

I retract my previous statement, hopefully we just wait and see, though I'm not too excited about this.

Edit: It's Tecent I don't have faith in, not Klei.  Now that they own the studio they could turn around at any time and change things how they see fit.

Does this mean that Newhome may become canonical after all? Honestly I'm not really worried, even if I was taken back at first. Primarily because it doesn't seem like much is going to change from our perspective meanwhile Klei has, metaphorically speaking, more resources to utilize.

If all goes well for you guys in this partnership, then I say good on ya; hope everything works out.

i dont like how this sounds and tencent, if they owner klei, they can decide if something will be added or not because is who has the money and i dont like it

also, i dont like how the chinesse goverment acts, they are the closer thing to an orwell distopian dictatorship and it should be removed from good of every human that lives in china and outside because they are getting too powerful and more evil every year

4 hours ago, Bigfoot said:

Tencent has been in the games industry for many years, investing in companies that produce games such as Path of Exile, League of Legends, PUBG, Clash of Clans, Fortnite, and more

i didnt know about PoE and i didnt play it in many years, but it calms me because the game seems to keep going like it was before

18 minutes ago, zach123b said:

worse part about tencent that i know of is that they have the reputation/rumors of injecting spyware or security risks into software.  and i'm against anything china/ccp.  so, i'm going to join in as many have

F

we will be banned if we say winnie the pooh on the ingame chat xD

Btw, China has no data protection laws, and from what I hear I wouldn't trust Canadian laws to completely cover that problem either. Don't even need to mention the degree of the CCP's reach when it comes to control and censorship, and Tencent answers to the CCP, period.

Klei has simply sold its western customers out to the biggest market they can find, make no mistake.

Archived