Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

1 hour ago, HeatAndRun said:

Guys don't be over pessimistic because of the one reason Tencent is chinese corporation.

I would be worried over any big company which buys up many small companys, do you really think they are not some kind of vulture who wants the investment repaid?

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

But true is that it could be worse - they could sold their soul to Epic, bethesda, EA... those can both eat studio and sell to tencent...

EA makes greedy games but at least it isn't involved with the CCP

11 minutes ago, HeatAndRun said:

Guys don't be over pessimistic because of the one reason Tencent is chinese corporation.

Klei has known what their loyal customers want.

Time will tell, but things could even get better, not worse. I still love and fully support klei entertainment and respect their decision.

Because you don't know any better. Tencent, like all Chinese corporations, operate as an arm of the CCP. They are not autonomous entities like other countries understand it. They do as they're told. If Klei knew what their loyal customers wanted, they wouldn't have sold out to them under any circumstance. The response bares that out. 

They will continue to make money. In fact they'll get really rich off of this, but their company as they knew it has ceased to exist. They just don't realize it yet. I watched the same thing happen to Blizzard when they sold out to Activision and went on the forums promising everyone nothing would change. 

Okay so I have a few questions most of which WON’T get answered & may even sound selfish but I’m going to ask them anyway.

Question 1- Does this Mean DS: NewHome is now officially canon to the franchises lore?

Question 2- With this partnership does this mean we will see significantly larger updates for DS/DST? Perhaps a 3rd DS expansion and Proper SW/Ham compatibility ports to DST?

Question 3- Will this effect the way the game is handled and operated at all? (as in will Pay-to-Win and Microtransactions be added)

Question 4- Will this get me any closer to having Walani as playable in DST?

(I told you the questions would seem rather selfish.. but Since I don’t know how the business side of things actually works- Hopefully this post at least sparks a HaHa reaction)

In the meantime... I’m hoping that this means with better financial support & resources that Klei can really go Ham on exciting content that just wouldn’t had been profitable/possible for them in the past.

Best of luck out there guys... and from the bottom of my heart DON’T STARVE. :wilson_flower:

(yeah.. I just did that.)

57 minutes ago, TheDrizzle404 said:

If Klei knew what their loyal customers wanted, they wouldn't have sold out to them under any circumstance.

I cannot imagine any company who would give the customers a say in that kind of decision...

But yea if i would have a say in it i would have said "no klei i dont allow you to sell yourself for money even if they promise you to marry you in some distant future."

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay so I have a few questions most of which WON’T get answered & may even sound selfish but I’m going to ask them anyway.

Question 1- Does this Mean DS: NewHome is now officially canon to the franchises lore?

Question 2- With this partnership does this mean we will see significantly larger updates for DS/DST? Perhaps a 3rd DS expansion and Proper SW/Ham compatibility ports to DST?

Question 3- Will this effect the way the game is handled and operated at all? (as in will Pay-to-Win and Microtransactions be added)

Question 4- Will this get me any closer to having Walani as playable in DST?

(I told you the questions would seem rather selfish.. but Since I don’t know how the business side of things actually works- Hopefully this post at least sparks a HaHa reaction)

In the meantime... I’m hoping that this means with better financial support & resources that Klei can really go Ham on exciting content that just wouldn’t had been profitable/possible for them in the past.

Best of luck out there guys... and from the bottom of my heart DON’T STARVE. :wilson_flower:

(yeah.. I just did that.)

Go outside.

3 minutes ago, Anthony_L3hr said:

F1585A25-174A-4B1A-B877-1A18903A8AAD.jpeg

Fiats are not real money, If anything is the root of all evil, it's a fiat currency.

Archived