Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

34 minutes ago, wthegamer said:

lost all my respect for klei after this one, out of all the companies didn't expect YOU fuckers to join tencent, congratulations everyone, now everytime you buy DST you are now contributing to the torture of a muslim in the name of the chinese communist party

waiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit?

but im a Muslim?

does that mean im contributing to my own torture?

I don't get the amount of people who thinks this is super awful. They're not selling out or making a data-collecting agreement or some ****. That's not how any of this works.

As part of this agreement, Klei retains full autonomy of creative and operations across all aspects of the studio, including projects, talent, and more. 

What’s going to change? 
There are some boring accounting changes that we will need to adjust to. Other than that, I will continue running the studio as before, with no changes to staffing, projects or other operations.

Tencent literally cannot do anything to Klei without they themselves agreeing with it.

39 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

will the privacy policy be updated, or will it stay the same?

The privacy policy has not changed and no personal player info will be exchanged. We have no intention of changing our privacy policy, however if that were to change in the future, we will update the privacy policy and make sure everybody is aware. 

4 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Meh. My country has already been sold out the CCP. What's one more aspect of my life? You wake up one day and 你是一只鸽子. 

Now I can use the copypasta Chinese skills to good use.

2 minutes ago, Beehawk said:

I don't get the amount of people who thinks this is super awful. They're not selling out or making a data-collecting agreement or some ****. That's not how any of this works.

Tencent literally cannot do anything to Klei without they themselves agreeing with it.

yet, the money Klei makes will be used to torture Chinese Muslims.

Seriously.. I would like to know if I need to download DS:Newhome or not- because if that is now officially canon to the franchise

I must know what happened between Wilson taking over Maxwells spot on the throne, Wilson’s entire reign and what he did during, and when Charlie shows up to free him from his prison.

And if it’s still not canon: I won’t bother, because mobile games just really don’t interest me (the mobile ports of DS & SW however... were AWESOME)

1 minute ago, HEAVYDIRTYSOUL said:

...if?

I, too, would have preferred a "we have no intention of changing our privacy policy" without no additional "for now", but I kind of expected this kind of reply. I guess if the privacy policy is updated, I will just go back to DS, where I can disable data collection, and abandon dst, although it would break my heart.

Just now, Slagger said:

lol

hey man i don't think thats very lol 

1 minute ago, wthegamer said:

yes, at least 1 million muslims are being held by the CCP, search it up :/

well my country is already owned by the ccp sooooooooooooo :/

I just finished my first mods for DST and now I have to uninstall it. What a gut punch... shame it's now just another path through which the CCP sinks its hooks into the western world in its ultimate goal to have its heel firmly planted on the throat of anyone who won't treat their power-tripping leaders like gods.

5 minutes ago, licet_insanire said:

I, too, would have preferred a "we have no intention of changing our privacy policy" without no additional "for now", but I kind of expected this kind of reply. I guess if the privacy policy is updated, I will just go back to DS, where I can disable data collection, and abandon dst, although it would break my heart.

Understood. I updated it to clarify. The intention was to specify that it hasn't changed and that if it were to change in the future, we would make sure you know that you would be made aware of that change. But I see how the previous wording could have been interpreted that way. Sorry about that. 

5 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Understood. I updated it to clarify. The intention was to specify that it hasn't changed and that if it were to change in the future, we would make sure you know that you would be made aware of that change. But I see how the previous wording could have been interpreted that way. Sorry about that. 

Your reply didn't make it any better, i'm sorry

This is extremely distressing news. I'll trust your word that there were no better options for Klei as a business, but the mere knowledge that Tencent has a majority stake has already brought a swift end to my usual enthusiasm about purchasing and promoting Klei's products.

I don't expect the creative autonomy Tencent has offered for now to last very long, but even if it does, the more pressing issue for me is simply that financial decisions for me and my friends' personal enjoyment, which previously felt relatively innocuous, now seem much more likely to have far-reaching negative global political consequences.

Archived