Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

because winnie the pooh can buy a new tank and 4 missiles with the 5€ spent 6 years ago

When you say it like that i do sound pretty stupid, well, i guess i'll continue playing but i won't buy anything until something else is said

1 minute ago, OmeletteBoy said:

When you say it like that i do sound pretty stupid, well, i guess i'll continue playing but i won't buy anything until something else is said

With how this is blowing up, either Klei will regret their decisions or will just throw us a middle finger and keep with this plan, and then, well... Needless to say what happens with companies that sell themselves to China, huh?

1 minute ago, OmeletteBoy said:

That's what I'm doing too. Honestly the fact that people are quitting when all they have to do for now at least is not buy anything if they don't like Tencent. Edgy Rick man, you don't need to leave just yet, I don't watch you very often sorry not sorry, but you can still play the DST you know for now, and it will make @ArubaroBeefalo angry :3

2 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

That's what I'm doing too. Honestly the fact that people are quitting when all they have to do for now at least is not buy anything if they don't like Tencent. Edgy Rick man, you don't need to leave just yet, I don't watch you very often sorry not sorry, but you can still play the DST you know for now, and it will make @ArubaroBeefalo angry :3

I this scenario i'm totally with rick, he might already have the game but many others don't and promoting it for free is not the ideal.

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I will also throw Ubisoft in that line up: Good luck playing assassins creed or Rainbow six if your wanting to full on boycott Tencent!

Most people are going to be okay, there are much better games from much nicer companies that thankfully aren't owned by Tencent. And I'm very sorry, but I'm not going to make any examples it would be too much work. 

50 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

This is really problematic, sometime today Edgy Rick, a popular DST YTuber up and quit DST! It's all downhill from here, sucks too, I get a new game for less than a year and someone threatens to wreck it. I am worried, yesterday when I was unaware I was telling my friends about this game and even considering buying it as a gift for them. Now I'm questioning if I should even keep playing my own copy of the game.

Please I think thats one of the greatest upsides from all of this, no more edgy rick woo!

https://www.pcgamer.com/these-are-the-31-gaming-companies-tencent-invested-in-last-year/
https://www.pcgamer.com/every-game-company-that-tencent-has-invested-in/

If somebody is interested... Sounds like a lot, but is less that I expected. For sure those lists are not full - they didn't include Klei yet (they have other article but there is nothing new).

29 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

And please don't forget about Valve. 

Valve? The guys who kicked the Left 4 Dead team to the curb so they had to rebrand and make a new game (let’s just face facts Back 4 Blood is L4D3) I’m honestly keeping a watchful eye on B4B because all the original designers for L4D were working on it.. it just won’t be called L4D anymore. 

Make of it what you will but Valve lost my respect when they ditched the L4D team, so I am glad Warner Bros is now giving them a chance to give the world the proper L4D3 we all been waiting on & fingers crossed it’s as good as their previous games.

But before I stray way too far off topic- Valve kicking the L4D creators to the curb is just one (admit-ably bad) example of how Klei’s Dealing with Tencent could go..

But I’m going to trust them on this, I have to with every fiber of my being- because I’m not going to let the small indie game that somehow managed to become my favorite most played game in my 400+ collection, suddenly fall into obscurity because of this choice.

I mean I know I’m just one guy and all but Klei should really sit and think about that for a moment or two.. how did they manage to get their game on my radar (and I am a very picky game player I’ll delete and never reinstall something again when I have no further interest in playing it..) out of that massive collection I currently only have 37 games installed despite having PLENTY of room for them.

So the question I purpose: How did Klei manage to get their games onto and more importantly STAY on this list?

Good Quality Entertainment, delivering my money’s worth in experiences with their products and then some, (mostly) friendly forums, interactive & fun developers.

When all those other companies you named off holds a contest where EVERYONE gets free skins and then that company takes all those contributions and they compile them together into an awesome photo- How about you let me know.

Until then, Despite all this Studio Announcement nonsense- I’m going to remain faithful to & trust in them because of how unique and awesome they’ve been.

But now more then ever is time for them to start making the big exciting announcements that we are all wanting to hear.

10 minutes ago, Pindeh said:

I hope, at least, that this should be temporary. Klei is having monetary problems, so they could just leave at any point. I hope at least...

This is not temporary. they bought majority stake.

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I will also throw Ubisoft in that line up: Good luck playing assassins creed or Rainbow six if your wanting to full on boycott Tencent!

I saw you further up in this thread mentioning a myriad of games that are owned by Tencent as if it would be a challenge not to play them. You should take this with a grain of salt since I don't play any of them anyways, but if boycotting a selection of video games is a challenge to you then I'm sorry to say that you either have no willpower or are some sort of video game addict.

As I don't buy DST skins and haven't bought an item from Klei in over three years I don't plan on boycotting this game. If my data being collected was an issue, other american companies such as Google, Apple, and Microsoft already do that and also probably have better things to do with it. Just because Tencent is a monopoly that already owns a wide selection of games does not mean that this should be disregarded.

Boycotting this game wont do anything because regardless, Don't Starve Together will die either when Tencent consumes it's soul or when it's niche of "Uncompromising Survival" finally gets muddled up for good and it is remembered as yet another unremarkable "Play God" sandbox survival with every challenge waiting for you at a setpiece.

48 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

I'm not going to go off topic to say whether or not _____ is toxic, but just the fact that a Youtuber who's main content is DST, is quitting DST, that just shows that this has a massive impact, I'm not going to get into the debate about whether TenCent is good or bad, but the fact that them buying Klei Entertainment caused a DST Youtuber to stop making DST content, is a big deal

Edgy Rick already said he was quitting DST forever a long time ago and that he would not return, not even if new content for the game was being made.
Well time passed, “return of them” set of updates started and guess who also returned to make DST videos?

Please do not take edgy Rick as a reference of anything, he doesn’t seem to care about the game or the community. He is just a guy who just happens to be very good about knowing how to handle YouTube metrics, and got a bunch of views from making edgy DST videos.

Start Worrying only when REAL content creators of DST that really do love the game start quitting for some strong reason, like Glermz, Jazzy, Freddo, James Bucket, Lakhnish, Demon rebuilt, Gabriel, etc. There is no reason to even be afraid of anything, just play the game, it’s the same game you were probably playing a week ago!

Just now, Dr.Medic said:

it kinda gets tiring this all like i have started to just skip on some commends to read because most if it is just the same and all and i actualy think its time to end this chapter alredy

I don't see why, this is a very important decision and a very controversial one, i see why this many people want to express how they feel.

11 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

There is no reason to even be afraid of anything, just play the game, it’s the same game you were probably playing a week ago!

It really isn't. It won't be swayed away like nothing happened like the New Home announcement. In the end it's up to each person and their own agenda on this situation and how they value their data. Call people overblowing the issue, but you can't deny how vague of an explenation the original post of the creator is. I'm personally waiting for some sort of FAQ or another post/message surrounding this because their silence is what ticks me off the most. But this game for sure won't remain the same for the fanbase and community as a whole after this. Gameplay wise however, time will tell.

34 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Call people overblowing the issue, but you can't deny how vague of an explenation the original post of the creator is. I'm personally waiting for some sort of FAQ or another post/message surrounding this because their silence is what ticks me off the most.

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

Just now, JoeW said:

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

i got pinged by you, did you message me accidentally?

1 minute ago, JoeW said:

This is everything i wanted to hear, even though it's not much at least it gives me hope that everything might be ok.

Archived