Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

Dammit.

Goodbye, Klei.

I loved your games, but I cannot in good conscience support a company that answers to the CCP, and I will not allow them or Tencent to run code on my computer.

I am deeply disappointed with this news.

28 minutes ago, ThatSilentMime said:

I'm gone for a lil' bit and I come back to this.

D A R N 

I guess you shouldn’t have stayed silent so long :lol:

(I have to joke.. I have to make people go HaHa.. it’s what I do best, the forums are full of sadness and lots of emotion right now so hopefully you don’t find this insulting it’s meant to make you go HA HA!)

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

I guess you shouldn’t have stayed silent so long :lol:

(I have to joke.. I have to make people go HaHa.. it’s what I do best, the forums are full of sadness and lots of emotion right now so hopefully you don’t find this insulting it’s meant to make you go HA HA!)

hey that sounds like a very ME joke

18 minutes ago, Hornete said:

13-16 :p

well for a 16 year old your a damn good coder, keep it up :wilson_smile:

(wait? are you saying that you COULD be 13?)

20 hours ago, JoeW said:

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

I really had to think hard about hitting submit on this one, so I'll preface this by saying I have nothing but respect for everyone at Klei.

I'm going to say it, and not because I'm trying to be contrarian- I don't think silence is the right move in this instance...

Massive fits about Wicker changes can be reversed with hotfixes but this is a different beast entirely. There are overdue responses to the situation from people with greater reach than this (off topic) forum and all they really have to go off is a single sentence in that announcement.

Yes, there are massive knee-jerk reactions and perhaps there's nothing Klei can say to those who made them, but there are more level-headed people around who are waiting for more information which, it appears, will not be forthcoming. What would bring this situation for a close for me is more detail on how you can retain full autonomy in a minority partnership. How should we feel differently about this situation compared to a number of other acquisitions in the ongoing games industry consolidation?

im just goin to paste something in here i put on steam alredy do think of it how you want

bla bla bla boycot klei bla bla bla humans overreacting again bla bla bla players will hurt it more if they are goiin to be stupid like this and not klei or tencent or LITERALY ANY DEV its the player here that will destroy the game if they dont stop doin nonsense here and bla bla bla tell me im wrong and i souport what ever nonse like spywhare and what not like welcome to the internet if your that new to not know about that then its no sourprise for me for humans overreacting again

11 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

im just goin to paste something in here i put on steam alredy do think of it how you want

bla bla bla boycot klei bla bla bla humans overreacting again bla bla bla players will hurt it more if they are goiin to be stupid like this and not klei or tencent or LITERALY ANY DEV its the player here that will destroy the game if they dont stop doin nonsense here and bla bla bla tell me im wrong and i souport what ever nonse like spywhare and what not like welcome to the internet if your that new to not know about that then its no sourprise for me for humans overreacting again

What's your stance on genocide?

4 minutes ago, GuyPerfect said:

Okay, I've uninstalled Don't Starve and Oxygen Not Included and marked them as Hidden in my Steam Library. All that's left to do is remove the soundtrack from my audio collection...

you know that you can keep playing without supporting the ccp? you already paid for it xD

I went through all my Klei games on steam and changed my reviews to negative, citing the buy out. I suggest everyone else do the same.

1 minute ago, GuyPerfect said:

I'm not going to risk installing anything in an update that I didn't consent to. I have no reason to believe they'll be transparent about it. It's easier to download a cracked copy of the game after the fact with any undesirables disabled.

You know what, I'm gonna go torrent the current version of their games right now before they release anything suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Tolham said:

I went through all my Klei games on steam and changed my reviews to negative, citing the buy out. I suggest everyone else do the same.

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaah how about nahhh?

also please tell me you set the reviews to negative because the GAME is bad and not because the ccp is bad

Do any of you actually and legitimately know EXACTLY what all Tencent has shares into?

You can start with video games, but how about we expand that into Media Outlets, retail stores, toys, movies, & cartoons-

Hey guy hate to break it to you but I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest bit if they had shares in Cartoon Network by this point (which means your Profile Picture is now supporting the CCP how Ironic is that?)

*notices the studio announcement this morning*

Oh, so that's what that was all about.

*goes back to sifting though the trading forums, noticing the influx of users pledging to abandon DST and trading out their entire DST inventory*

742575102_flat1000x1000075f_u1.jpg.08f84e60f57e39ae05494c3db4154c5b.jpg

1 minute ago, myxal said:

*notices the studio announcement this morning*

Oh, so that's what that was all about.

*goes back to sifting though the trading forums, noticing the influx of users pledging to abandon DST and trading out their entire DST inventory*

742575102_flat1000x1000075f_u1.jpg.08f84e60f57e39ae05494c3db4154c5b.jpg

thanks i didnt though about that xD

1 minute ago, BaloneyOs said:

Just because you tell people to stop reviewing games in a way you don't like doesn't mean they will.

Ok this is too much fun.

i never to told anyone to stop i just said its overreacting 

also i don't really like the "okay this is too much fun"comment you said there its kinda creepy

Just now, viberr said:

by that i meant

"no i will not review bomb the game"

where there did you hear me say don't review bomb the game?

Actually I think there is legal action that can be taken against those who maliciously leave bad reviews that do not pertain to the actual game content itself: That’s what reviews are for Honest reviews of GAME CONTENT: And until that game content becomes pay to win, littered with Microtransactions, glitches and bugs the devs don’t bother fixing before moving onto their next $$$ making dlc or 25$ Skin- My reviews are going to remain overwhelmingly positive. And when I see GAME CONTENT changes I dislike (such as some or all of the above..) I will rate it lower.

Just now, BaloneyOs said:

What you said was very, very open to interpretation and your obvious bias contributes to that even more. Maybe you should've just said what you meant from the beginning.

well if you know me on the fourms you would know im the kinda person to speak like that 

soooo how about nahhhhh

i'd rather keep my speaking style the way it is,thank you very much

Archived