Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

I'm pretty saddened by this, I've been around for a few years at this point and it would sting horribly to see anything terrible happen to a franchise that I hold close to my heart :(. But for now I guess I'll just have to wait and see what will happen next. Hopefully Klei really does retain all creative control, although that might just be my naivete speaking. Trying to stay positive, though. 

On 1/22/2021 at 2:11 PM, Lbphero said:

are you...absolutely, completely, entirely sure that tencent will continue to allow you all creative control and proper time to do things, continuing on? A large concern i have heard and feel myself is that tencent will become more restricting as time goes on...

I think this is what I'm most concerned about, I don't want Klei's creativity to be stifled. But I trust Klei will make the right decision, they haven't let me down so far.

1 hour ago, Hekateras said:

Do you want to say more of your personal opinion of Tencent, as someone who (I assume) lives in China? I am interested in hearing it.

Chinese players don’t like Tencent’s games, either. 

But honestly no one hates Tencent. It is not the enemy.

Tencent will make free ordinary content of games into paid content. That's why Chinese player dislike Tencent.

But Chinese players have been playing pirated games for a long time. Like pirated DST.  But now they can buy genuine games onTencent, which is an improvement.

I can't provide more explanation about privacy. It is the work of KLei staff.

Chinese players also hate DS New Home very much. It seems that Tencent bought shares of KLei only because of this new mobile game. We all overreacted.

Chinese players Do share happiness in the DST by Tencent, but this does not mean that they agree with all decisions from Tencent.

Yo, I thought that in the Klei forum guidelines and rules (even prior to this announcement) that government and politics was a big red flag for getting warnings and bans- it’s why I’ve never once made a meme related to presidential elections or people of power: And for JoeW to continue to let this posts like that remain and not be hidden immediately just goes to show that he actually IS Letting you guys vent all your anger and frustration & opinions out.

But since the forums are about VIDEO GAMES I wish everyone would focus more on that and stop bringing up crap that most gamers probably honestly know very little if anything at all about.

All I Want, all I ask to have fun enjoyable gameplay experiences that aren’t being pushed closer and closer to OTHER GAMES thats business model I disliked so I stopped playing those games.

If something feels to Pay-To-Play, To Microtransactiony, Glitchy, Bugged and Broken and REMAINS unpatched while that company ignores cries for fixes and instead pumps out more content to rake in the $$$ THAT is when I get fed up with them and stop playing.. When I have to start paying 25$ per skin in DST that’s when it’ll join my list of Uninstalled games I never touch anymore.

Until then, cut Klei & Joe some slack Cant Ya? Your playing the game to PLAY THE GAME... so spare me the in’s & out’s of Why Tencent = Bad and instead- Tell me what this changes for the GAME I paid for and enjoy playing. Thanks.

Tencent playing Monopoly again.

I just hope that they continue to have full control over their business and their products, that they can be independent and continue to maintain that quality, innovation, design, creativity and much more that characterizes all their games.

As well as its active listening to the community nowadays few companies can boast of this characteristic.

Ultimately I hope it is the best for Klei.

1 hour ago, Hekateras said:

Anyway. Unionise your workplace, vote for candidates that will reduce voter suppression and re-democratise your local politics. That's the best you, personally, can do. Review-bombing a Steam game won't do jack all

This!

This is the whole point. Wasting energy ti make every body quit klei meanwhile they consume products made in china along with a lot of products from other corrupted founts is highly kiddish. They are doing it just because klei said the deal with tencent but this people with kid mentality doesnt move a single finger with things that could have a bigget impact but cone here with their superior morality mwanwhile bigger problems are fed with their support or their non participation

Im glad people are aware of how bad is tye chinese goverment and how their corporations help then (maybe forced or maybe not) but some reactions here... 

5 minutes ago, DSCondoriano said:

control over their business and their products, that they can be independent

I wish but at the end, no matter what jaimi said, they are a big inversor so they have voice in klei decisions and that is the dangerous part (added with working with fascists)

3 hours ago, BaloneyOs said:

oni.png.26cbc5f0e754f29191b563926f52bea5.png

It was pretty painful to uninstall this game after over 1100 hours AND while being excited for Spaced Out to finish. Fortunately there are plenty of good builder games out there

You dont support anything playing a game already paid and for the spyware, men, you are already in the big data and the ccp doesnt care you data unless you live in china because they cant do anything for saying china bad if you live in usa, europe or whatever

Also, klei games are open source, i dont think they will contain spyware (maybe in the china clients...)

Isnt like tencent will be richer if you play your already paid copy of klei games if you dont buy skins or other stuff

51 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When I have to start paying 25$ per skin in DST that’s when it’ll join my list of Uninstalled games I never touch anymore.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind expensive skins (before Tencent), and even cosmetic lootboxes if I knew it would allow Klei to continue supporting Don't Starve Together without constant additional DLC's. Games can't grow forever, but a huge economy of skins might have at least given me the feeling that Klei was supporting themselves sustainably. 

I'm not going to write a big mushy paragraph, but I just want to say I'm worried. Don't Starve is my favorite game and I'm happy to support you Klei, but I want to support you, not a big conglomerate. I try to stay at least a little positive (we have enough jaded cynics in this world), but reading through this...Well it gives me an awful pit in my stomach. But I don't want to give up on something I love.

All though, let's get the big picture straight - we all dislike Chinese Communist Party, not the people or the country.

There's a lot of wrong in what they're doing and Tencent is under their thumb, gaining bad rep for their crimes and same for what their government orders to do and does on it's own.

It was probably a very good deal for Klei to be getting sold to Tencent, though Klei still remains at where they are with their own creative control, only that the transaction and monetization part is what might scare a lot of people.

But, for real - nobody really cares about the data being stolen, barely anyone has any data that's relevant to the Communist Party of China, we live in our own countries and nations, we got our own Spywares from other foreign platforms to deal with, cuz they wanna sell it that shops would advertise us things we don't need to buy xd

China spies onto itself more than it spies on us gamers, ofc it has spies everywhere - but that's more on the political or government stuff. You know, things they actually care about. Cuz we're nobodies to them? We play games and consume stuff. Full stop.

Klei is a business, and if it did, again I say, maybe got a really good deal and that's good. They might make more content, won't feel pressed by budget and might bring back Gorge and Forge (I prefer Gorge dab), we don't have a final saying in this cause we're just consumers.

Klei might still stay the same, hopefully we won't get censored on opinions about CCP or Tencent we can still show criticism towards them if they step out of the line.

Besides, why hate Klei now cause of this? I mean, I doubt that they've sold themselves for ten cents.

19 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

Computer aided design. Actually if you find anything engineering related in this post covid world ask if they're hiring for me :lol:

I'm still a new young welder and I'm rusty as hell since of covid started last year (finished up my studies at the start of covid, it really ****** things up and we didn't have an exam), but I'll get back to a bit of training to get less rusty so I could get to be hired after quarantine ends in my country. I'm from Lithuania, hope any of what I've said doesn't ruin my possible chances tho xd.

1 hour ago, Tofu_lion said:

look at league of legends, have more money means you can focus more on games. you have my bless Klei!

Is that ironic? They've stopped trying to innovate and offer fun and entertaining content a long time ago

Apart from the incessant addition of paid content, there's not much else that interests them

1 hour ago, Toutan said:

Is that ironic? They've stopped trying to innovate and offer fun and entertaining content a long time ago

Apart from the incessant addition of paid content, there's not much else that interests them

It wasnt already innovating (more characters were from warcraft(dota) but with few changes) and the skins where already so expensive they just added more to suck the blood of adicted people (like every other company of every product).  Also, having cosmetics but the game totally free2play didnt change isnt like they added pay walls (just the opposite since they removed runes and rune pages)

Welp... I'm legitimately scared about this decision :( 

When I first saw the New Home game, I immediately had a bad feeling and didn't like the game. It looked like a "Chinese bootleg" like we say in my country (falsificación China) 

If anything bad happens... I suppose It's not possible to retrieve all what was sold from Tencent's claws, right? 

I'm just saying that if you react at this announcement from a "look how well Riot Games is doing, and yet they are owned by Tencent!!" point of view, it's anything but good

I do hope Klei will not become a Riot Games lookalike

Archived