Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

@JoeW So has the workshop censorship already begun?

You censored a harmless Winnie the pooh meme mod's comment box removing it

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2372121246

It seems Tencent is calling the shots after all.. why would Canadians censor a harmless Winnie the pooh meme mod after all?

Spoiler

My brother is really sad by Klei's actions to go down the path of ccp censorship.

a.thumb.jpeg.ad2821fb2e1d89bf817472e66054dd3c.jpeg

8 hours ago, viberr said:

has this thread stopped erupting like a volcano?

no?well damn

you guys know terraria still ok

minecraft too 

you guys can try some ETG 

hollow knight is a banger 

if you like rythim games try friday night funkin (its free)

ummmmm skyrim?

hmu on steam dude, terarria has been a good stress reliever after all this stuff went down.

i really hope some other indie company that isnt ruled by the ccp buys part of klei.

itd be a good decision.

39 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

It seems Tencent is calling the shots after all.. why would Canadians censor a harmless Winnie the pooh meme mod after all?

Reveal hidden contents

My brother is really sad by Klei's actions to go down the path of ccp censorship.

Why are you coming to this conclusion instead of I dont know, the mod author disabled the comment section????

Edit: nevermind, I didnt see the image, Sorry.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 5:12 PM, Bigfoot said:

Who is Tencent?

Tencent ia s friendly company from China that never do anything bad. Good Choice.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2021 at 8:03 PM, Bigfoot said:

Tencent has shown real respect to us

Don't Worry. It's part of plan.

10 hours ago, mkemal23 said:

I know how bad tencent is, but come on, some of you guys just trying to get some attention.

Yes I know it's tencent, but the deal is done. Stop posting same thing over and over again, It only creates negativity. Yes this was so sudden and I got shocked too, but please be positive and don't hurt people over a video game.

A video game? the problem for me at least comes with the moral part of this deal, i don't want to support a company who helps the CCP commit all of their horrible things, it might not affect klei games too much but the other part of the deal, giving money to tencent and therefore the CCP is what's making most of the people here angry and disappointed.

1 hour ago, --- -.- said:

Hide contents

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/comments/2372121246

Reveal hidden contents

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/comments/2372121246

Comments are still enabled.  I'm going to assume that it's some sort of bug with Steam's rendering since you attached to it every DLC the game has to offer.  Or maybe a "feature" to auto-hide the comments on the page if you don't own all of the attached DLC.

Try removing all of the required DLC and see if that fixes it.

16 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Try removing all of the required DLC and see if that fixes it.

I already have a mod which "requires" all DLC and there's nothing wrong it with the comments, this is not a glitch on Steam's end.

Spoiler

1250126495_Dwm2021-01-2413-56-49-95.thumb.jpg.9f039deb10b83b1242b8d9e8f62a08b2.jpg

Disabled all DLC, nothing happened. This was not done by Steam automatically.

Spoiler

1568095509_Dwm2021-01-2414-02-20-38.thumb.jpg.bab32e0b989cd2c0cee6228357ddef99.jpg

16 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Comments are still enabled. 

I noticed that they're still accessible, but not in the normal way and since this problem is literally only happening with this mod and it wasn't happening last night, definitely somebody did it on purpose this isn't a glitch. It was censored even if not fully it was half-censored. I'm probably going to get banned any hour now for "harassing the multi-billionaire president of China which wouldn't think twice about putting me in a camp for putting his face over winnie the pooh" too.

22 minutes ago, Popthiccle said:

Yeah okay, "big man". I have an opinion too.

but you didn't give an opinion big man

you just said that "guys ccp bad so don't buy this game"

you didn't say why the game was bad 

(also "big man" is just something i call people sry if makes you uncomfortable)

7 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

It was censored.

if it was censored, you would lost all access to mod and would be deleted. Hiding comment section and just from front page I wouldn't call "censor". I believe is a bug, nasty, but still a bug.

Edit: Also you would get a message about inappropriate content.

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

I believe is a bug, nasty, but still a bug.

It's too much of a big coincidence to just be a bug how can out of all the mods to be recently uploaded the mod of winnie the pooh get effected by a bug?! That's like winning the lottery man the chance is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% :wilson_ecstatic:

4 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Also you would get a message about inappropriate content

That's only if it's flat out banned or marked as inappropriate 

Just now, --- -.- said:

It's too much of a big coincidence to just be a bug how can out of all the mods to be recently uploaded the mod of winnie the pooh get effected by a bug?! That's like winning the lottery man the chance is 0.0000000000000000000000000000000001% :wilson_ecstatic:

To be fair, I've seen the bug happen on other mods in the past. It's been too long to remember which, though. Maybe it has to do with the long description?

I'm not really worried about Klei suddenly changing all of their policies or anything, but I do not like the prospect of indirectly contributing to the CCP's atrocities by buying Wormwood skins in the slightest.

Hide contents

Comments are working just fine. Why would they even turn the comments off, if they even have the capability of doing so? It's the mod that they would have issue with, so it's the mod that they would remove. The more I see about you guys get pissed off about Tencent the more I think it's not a bad thing for them to let Tencent purchase majority stake because your criticisms are repeatedly shown to be delusional ramblings.

You know what probably caused the comments to not be shown on the front page? You needlessly tagging it as requiring every single piece of DLC in the game. Other mods making fun of Tencent still have their comments show up on the front page just fine.

4 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Comments are working just fine. Why would they even turn the comments off, if they even have the capability of doing so? It's the mod that they would have issue with, so it's the mod that they would remove. The more I see about you guys get pissed off about Tencent the more I think it's not a bad thing for them to let Tencent purchase majority stake because your criticisms are repeatedly shown to be delusional ramblings.

You know what probably caused the comments to not be shown on the front page? You needlessly tagging it as requiring every single piece of DLC in the game. Other mods making fun of Tencent still have their comments show up on the front page just fine.

I just wanna add on, I remember this same bug happening to the Whemy The Witch mod(it seemed to have just fixed it self after a few hours/day) so I guess it's a pretty rare bug?

It is pretty damn coincidental that this bug just so happened to happen to the winnie the pooh mod though lol.

Reveal hidden contents

Nope. We can't even do what you're suggesting.

36 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Nope. We can't even do what you're suggesting.

Good. I should go buy a lottery ticket then... if the glitch fixes itself after some time.

58 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

You needlessly tagging it as requiring every single piece of DLC in the game.

No. My other mod which requires all DLC works with comments just fine. It seems I just had super insane luck for a glitch to occur. If you're going to call me delusional I might as well add this is a sign from the Gods of what is to come in the future, obviously :wilson_evil:...

Archived