Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

3 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Ash Tein himself roasts Klei enthusiast

Anyway I guess I can actually contribute instead of making 3rd post just for funny reacts. Well, this one's obscure reference anyway, react with Big Ups if you got it let's see how many of us are there, fellow gamers.

So, some people pay more money for Fair Trade products, because they want to directly support farmers and add less fuel to capitalism machine. I understand and adore that, might do that myself at some point, providing I'll be able to afford that (cannot rn).

Some people don't eat meat because they're aware of how terrible fate of farm animals can be. Same as above, minus the economic factor, I'm just too damn lazy to change my life. Maybe in the future!

And some people don't support chinese companies, because they're aware of stuff that goes in China and don't want to contribute. Would they actually contribute by buying chinese products? Hard to tell. But once again, I totally understand. 

DS New Home stuff was wacky, people trashing on Tencent and other people reminind that Shengqu are the devs and stuff. And then that twitter contest controversy kicked in, haha. But here people are expressing their opinions regarding Tencent and China in general, and it definitely is relevant here in this thread.

Scott Pilgrim game got re-released but it requires Ubisoft account and usage of their platform. I really wanted that game, but screw Ubisoft. Their CEO covering up sexual misconduct, employees being overworked and stuff. Plague of all the AAA studios, really. So I just don't buy their games, even if I actually find them interesting (rare). I don't snag Epic Games freebies nor use their platform because of how Epic treats their workes, so same story.

Tencent did all that bad stuff aswell, and well, Epic is part of Tencent. Ubisoft probably too, lmao. Will I stop buying Klei stuff? Probably, but I haven't really bought anything for a long time anyway ;_; Not my cup of tea, and my DS phase is long gone.

27 minutes ago, DST_LSJ said:

the thing is that genocide isnt the only bad thing in china. How they spy every citizen with spywere in their phones (and not only for market info), not allowing to share media, censoring internet,implementing the Sesamo Credit (that at start i though it was a conspiracy but seems like the scifi dystopian are nothing vs reallity), installing millions of cameras with AI and a big etc to control the population. And not, this isnt share by the media, atleast in my country

ofc Europe and USA arent better but that doesnt mean that the ccp are good

Wow, I never expected this from Klei. this is terrible news and it will be very sad to see the downfall of such a good company and good games. NOT looking forward to the mobile gambling **** you guys will be releasing in the best years 

I'm still waiting for the 20$ (gift card now) that New Home owes me :( They told me to add some sketchy steam account and that they would send me the gift card but almost a week has passed now and because of all the ,,spying,, everyone is mentioning in this thread I'm wondering if I should delete the sketchy steam account from my friends and not care about the money...

They also asked for my email last time but haven't sent anything to my email or contacted me there so that's worrisome that they have it

9 minutes ago, krtoween said:

I'm still waiting for the 20$ (gift card now) that New Home owes me :( They told me to add some sketchy steam account and that they would send me the gift card but almost a week has passed now and because of all the ,,spying,, everyone is mentioning in this thread I'm wondering if I should delete the sketchy steam account from my friends and not care about the money...

They also asked for my email last time but haven't sent anything to my email or contacted me there so that's worrisome that they have it

this is the most basic scam attempt and you're falling for it

4 hours ago, Well-met said:

this is the most basic scam attempt and you're falling for it

You probably haven't seen my first post from a month ago, they made a contest in november and are still ,,delivering,, the prizes..Idk if it's a scam that's what my original post debated,I think they just wanted me to let go of the 20$ by now.(which they turned into a giftcard) But no one else has complained ,and there were like 20 winners or more cause they had 3 contests,I think if they were scamming the person that got first place would have at least complained,I mean it is 250 dollars..but maybe it is better safe than sorry and I should just block the steam account and block them everywhere.

I got the giftcard just now so it's fine,not a scam.

20 minutes ago, krtoween said:

Remove and block the account if you have any suspicions, better safe than sorry

2 hours ago, DST_LSJ said:

I'm try to use  China's history to show you how the Chinese treat Jews and genocide.

I sense a misconception between us did you think that we think the Chinese Communist Party was committing genocide on Jewish people?

I have seen how the media in other countries of the world report these news that happened in China. Frankly speaking, these reports are not very helpful in solving the problem. Things will not change because more people know. If you choose bad news to learn about China, you will not hear any good news over time.

I get my news from non news outlets I don't like the mainstream news they get paid for posting the radical click bait they have immense bias that does nothing but divide our people and misinform this is the main problem we have, that's why I do my own research and look for people who are trustworthy who don't get paid for doing what they do because that is more likely to be in good faith

f someone chooses a political position for his own benefit to oppose those political positions that are unfavorable to him, then he is a double standard. I am talking about the mainstream media that banned the Twitter account of the US President who has 70 million followers. They accused China of not having freedom of speech, but they blocked the Twitter account of the US President.

you Don't like Twitter and bias mainstream media ether? We have more in common then ether of us must have thought

Twitter has no morals only hypocrisy that's why I don't have a Twitter and I use alternative privacy browsers to not give companies my data for them to sell because that is a business practice I do not believe in

with Tencent's recent putting spyware in fortnite after they bought the company and now they come after Klei I fear this may end up with them selling personal data and do not believe they they should be able to do that so this is just another act of defiance to such bad business practices by telling others why and by not giving them money. I go out of my way to avoid businesses that don't promote some sort of moral standard that is why I liked Klei so much they actually cared about customer satisfaction and I wanted to promote that in the markets

if the assisting in covering up genocide is proven false Tencent is another hypocrite like Twitter with no morals so I do not reward this behavior.

5 hours ago, Izzy248 said:

All I want to know is when we can expect to hear at least a hint of the next IP, sequel, or update for a base Dont Starve expansion.

That's what I'm curious about. Once Griftlands finishes Smith's story, can't tell what their next moves are. 

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the thing is that genocide isnt the only bad thing in china. How they spy every citizen with spywere in their phones (and not only for market info), not allowing to share media, censoring internet,implementing the Sesamo Credit (that at start i though it was a conspiracy but seems like the scifi dystopian are nothing vs reallity), installing millions of cameras with AI and a big etc to control the population. And not, this isnt share by the media, atleast in my country

The truth is, they will not stop until someone stops them.

When I met Klei and its developers I thought it was a common company that only dedicated itself to creating games and selling them without any relationship with the players, but I discovered that more than that, Klei and his community were a family, constantly creating developments for the community, I hope tencent doesn't change that relationship.

31 minutes ago, Gods fiddler said:

I hope tencent doesn't change that relationship.

Judging by this thread, we have for now around 20-30 pages of disappointment. Else is some off-topic, some doubles, trolls, naughty responses, some neutral and very few positive responses.

22 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You mean what happened since four years ago?

I don't know but might any of this have to do with HAM being a failure as well?

which probably pushed Klei to find someone to finance them.

maybe Klei was in deep doodoo and wanted someone to pull them out even if it had strings attached.

Just now, minespatch said:

That is true. I'd probably buy the dlc instead of be given freely.

also the BIGGEST reason I don't like Tencent and Epic games alone is using kids for political moves and Klei games mostly cater to kids and early teenagers with a very small amount of adult players.

you should see how crazy they make kids with Fortnite and PUBG alone like its drugs and every kid on the block is hooked to it.

I don't know what Klei is gonna do in this regard now, are they going to incorporate more p2w mechanics in the games now

13 minutes ago, Machine Reaper said:

Klei games mostly cater to kids and early teenagers with a very small amount of adult players.

Oh interesting, I never ever thought myself that Klei games cater to kids and early teens, admittedly I am an early teen myself but I always saw Klei games as catering more to late teens/adults more than kids/early teens.

5 minutes ago, Hornete said:

I am an early teen myself but I always saw Klei games as catering more to late teens/adult

Imagine a parent letting their child play shank.:wilson_ecstatic:

The game with some very Robert Rodrieguez blood content and sexual jokes. Though with Griftlands, no sexual jokes there, more like political commentary.

Spoiler

Shank-large-134.jpg

"No glove no love"

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Imagine a parent letting their child play shank.:wilson_ecstatic:

The game with some very Robert Rodrieguez blood content and sexual jokes. Though with Griftlands, no sexual jokes there, more like political commentary.

The political commentary is more like "everything and everyone sucks, alcoholism buys you friends and killing people who hates you is good because then they don't hate you anymore".

17 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Oh interesting, I never ever thought myself that Klei games cater to kids and early teens, admittedly I am an early teen myself but I always saw Klei games as catering more to late teens/adults more than kids/early teens.

heres a subjective question for ya 

what age is considered early teen?

i personally think 13 or 14 and up

(totally not asking this question to pin point your age or anything hahahah)

Archived