Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

2 minutes ago, BaloneyOs said:

Nice! Hopefully you guys in the modding scene will keep this kind of pressure up.

All you positivity police seem to love the idea of stopping people from expressing views contrary to yours. Maybe take a moment to think about why even the admins of this forum currently have a more lax take than you guys about being receptive to people reacting how they please. I'll say it again: if you want an echo chamber of eternal happiness you always have the choice of not re-visiting this thread.

he had no reason to just send a bad review of the game(which had nothing to do with the game)

he could have just sat and complained here rather than taking a mile extra 

15 minutes ago, viberr said:

he had no reason to just send a bad review of the game(which had nothing to do with the game)

he could have just sat and complained here rather than taking a mile extra 

If you think leaving a bad review on a game about selling out to commies is that destructive then you surely haven't checked what's happening on the steam forums of that game right now.

I bought DST in 2016 (and it's currently my favorite game) and I am on the forums since 2019. I write here quite rarely but I often check the posts, especially now after this announcement.

I know this community pretty well and I really don't like it's current state. These changes will definitely have a long-term impact on it. And I want to see the positives of this but it's hard... I still believe you know what you are doing and I hope there is a way back in the worst case.

Yeah, this should probably help you make the games better, but I don't know if it was necessary. Also I am not sure if the benefits will outweigh the damage. Let's see what the future will bring.

I would really appreciate more information about this and I think I am not alone :)

This is really problematic, sometime today Edgy Rick, a popular DST YTuber up and quit DST! It's all downhill from here, sucks too, I get a new game for less than a year and someone threatens to wreck it. I am worried, yesterday when I was unaware I was telling my friends about this game and even considering buying it as a gift for them. Now I'm questioning if I should even keep playing my own copy of the game.

3 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

This is really problematic, sometime today Edgy Rick, a popular DST YTuber up and quit DST! It's all downhill from here, sucks too, I get a new game for less than a year and someone threatens to wreck it. I am worried, yesterday when I was unaware I was telling my friends about this game and even considering buying it as a gift for them. Now I'm questioning if I should even keep playing my own copy of the game.

I would suggest to try and avoid buying/playing any games before things clear a bit, we don't know where that money is going or what things tencent control over the company.

I’m not a fan of youtubers, so I say good riddance to them if they want to leave: But to leave bad reviews on a game when NOTHING about the game itself has changed yet... is just being immature & childish-

And honestly action should probably be taking against negative reviews that don’t express WHY (the games Content) is so bad.

Its maliciously rigging stats that SOME people actually rely upon in their decision to support a game.

And to those of you mad about Tencent being involved: no offense but get a grip man! Tencent has shares into 70% of the gaming industry... 

In fact let’s play a little game shall We? How about you post the OTHER games you play and I will tell you if you are directly (or indirectly) still helping fund Tencent beyond your knowledge.

I will take the head start by saying Tencent owns shares into EPIC GAMES, this means they not only own shares into Fortnite and Gears of War 1-5, Judgement & Tactics.. but they ALSO own shares into EPIC GAMES UNREAL ENGINE

So the TL:DR- Unless you plan to stop playing every game you fire up with an Unreal Engine logo on its launch screen, your still going to be helping fund Tencent.

Maybe save the bad reviews for when the game content itself actually becomes bad & littered with features you dislike?

K thanks Bye. :wilson_love:

6 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

I would suggest to try and avoid buying/playing any games before things clear a bit, we don't know where that money is going or what things tencent control over the company.

Then what do I play? I have very few options for games to play, I have put like half a thousand hours into DST, and was starting to flip items on steam, so I guess that's why my Wesdrakes aren't selling.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i mean that if the deal with tencent makes toxic youtubers or player in general quit dst, it will be worth

I'm not going to go off topic to say whether or not _____ is toxic, but just the fact that a Youtuber who's main content is DST, is quitting DST, that just shows that this has a massive impact, I'm not going to get into the debate about whether TenCent is good or bad, but the fact that them buying Klei Entertainment caused a DST Youtuber to stop making DST content, is a big deal

Just now, Dragolantis said:

Then what do I play? I have very few options for games to play, I have put like half a thousand hours into DST, and was starting to flip items on steam, so I guess that's why my Wesdrakes aren't selling.

Dunno, i'm having the same situation, dst and ds where the main games i played but now i feel dirty for playing them, i'm hoping they say something in the future that might change that but for now i'm trying my best to avoid them games.

1 minute ago, OmeletteBoy said:

Dunno, i'm having the same situation, dst and ds where the main games i played but now i feel dirty for playing them, i'm hoping they say something in the future that might change that but for now i'm trying my best to avoid them games.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I will take the head start by saying Tencent owns shares into EPIC GAMES, this means they not only own shares into Fortnite and Gears of War 1-5, Judgement & Tactics.. but they ALSO own shares into EPIC GAMES UNREAL ENGINE

So the TL:DR- Unless you plan to stop playing every game you fire up with an Unreal Engine logo on its launch screen, your still going to be helping fund Tencent.

I don't think I will gift copies of the game to others, but I will still play the game, for now at least, thank you @Mike23Ua for keeping me optimistic!

12 minutes ago, OmeletteBoy said:

because winnie the pooh can buy a new tank and 4 missiles with the 5€ spent 6 years ago

How about we try posting games we play to see what Tencent actually owns? @Mike23Ua Suggested this and nobody has tried, I'll also quote something he said to get you thinking:

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just food for thought

20 hours ago, DST_LSJ said:

Ok, that's ENOUGH! Which is worse? 

You kept silent when KLei sponsored Organization BLM Black Lives Matter with $1,000,000. Where are you when the President of the United States with 70 million fans had been banned on Twitter?

And now you are free to express your discrimination against the Chinese gaming platform. As hiding behind the keyboard to vent your dissatisfaction? All this is just to satisfy your vanity.

A group of addicts who treat hatred as a drug. How hypocritical! Maxwell will be ashamed of you.

INFIRMUS

What has BLM done that is anything close to the evil and corruption as the government that literally right now as we speak committing genocide and many other atrocities?

Spoiler

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Twitter was the one who removed Trump and his supporters and they went after the BLM types after that. answer me that.

also you are using ad-hominem https://effectiviology.com/ad-hominem-fallacy/

if you had a point wouldn't you say it rather then call us names? You are the one spitting insults maybe you are the one addicted to hate venting at us?

9 minutes ago, Dragolantis said:

How about we try posting games we play to see what Tencent actually owns? @Mike23Ua Suggested this and nobody has tried, I'll also quote something he said to get you thinking:

Just food for thought

I will also throw Ubisoft in that line up: Good luck playing assassins creed or Rainbow six if your wanting to full on boycott Tencent!

The workshop item isn't censored because the workshop item is still there. The text is still there.

The only thing is we can't see the comments on the first page, but if you look you can see comments by clicking on one of the buttons.

Archived