Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

46 minutes ago, beanboy12 said:

lets be real boys.

klei got cancer and the tumor (tencent) cant be removed.

see you, space cowboy.

As someone who's lost a close relative to cancer: this is a super gross and upsetting analogy to use for a videogame studio having shares bought by one you don't like.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Valve? The guys who kicked the Left 4 Dead team to the curb so they had to rebrand and make a new game (let’s just face facts Back 4 Blood is L4D3) I’m honestly keeping a watchful eye on B4B because all the original designers for L4D were working on it.. it just won’t be called L4D anymore. 

Make of it what you will but Valve lost my respect when they ditched the L4D team, so I am glad Warner Bros is now giving them a chance to give the world the proper L4D3 we all been waiting on & fingers crossed it’s as good as their previous games.

But before I stray way too far off topic- Valve kicking the L4D creators to the curb is just one (admit-ably bad) example of how Klei’s Dealing with Tencent could go..

But I’m going to trust them on this, I have to with every fiber of my being- because I’m not going to let the small indie game that somehow managed to become my favorite most played game in my 400+ collection, suddenly fall into obscurity because of this choice.

I mean I know I’m just one guy and all but Klei should really sit and think about that for a moment or two.. how did they manage to get their game on my radar (and I am a very picky game player I’ll delete and never reinstall something again when I have no further interest in playing it..) out of that massive collection I currently only have 37 games installed despite having PLENTY of room for them.

So the question I purpose: How did Klei manage to get their games onto and more importantly STAY on this list?

Good Quality Entertainment, delivering my money’s worth in experiences with their products and then some, (mostly) friendly forums, interactive & fun developers.

When all those other companies you named off holds a contest where EVERYONE gets free skins and then that company takes all those contributions and they compile them together into an awesome photo- How about you let me know.

Until then, Despite all this Studio Announcement nonsense- I’m going to remain faithful to & trust in them because of how unique and awesome they’ve been.

But now more then ever is time for them to start making the big exciting announcements that we are all wanting to hear.

Please stop thinking about games for a moment, this is about human rights. Valve firing a tiny studio cannot compare in any way with the fact that Tencent is owned by the CCP which does terrible things to their people, as well suppress them and their rights. 

Just now, JoeW said:

You're following me. =)

OOOOOOOOOOOH

i forgot Xd.

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

As someone who's lost a close relative to cancer: this is a super gross and upsetting analogy to use for a videogame studio getting bought by one you don't like.

oh god, sorry dude.

i was just making an analogy (a bad one at that)

sorry dude.

10 minutes ago, Charlie Dark said:

Please stop thinking about games for a moment, this is about human rights. Valve firing a tiny studio cannot compare in any way with the fact that Tencent is owned by the CCP which does terrible things to their people, as well suppress them and their rights. 

How can you ask me to stop talking about video games on a video game forum? You may not see valve firing as bad but I see those people as needing jobs to feed their family and valve just kicks em to the curb for not delivering what they expected.

You talk about Tencent and funding the CCP or whatever, but can you honestly tell me that the tax payer dollars I’m paying on meaningless stuff like a coffee pot & and a Yeti thermal cup isn’t going to directly fund the mass producing of more nuclear warheads?

The world isn’t pretty.... and I escape all that by spending the majority of my life playing video games. Let me have this much.

23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How can you ask me to stop talking about video games on a video game forum? You may not see valve firing as bad but I see those people as needing jobs to feed their family and valve just kicks em to the curb for not delivering what they expected.

You talk about Tencent and funding the CCP or whatever, but can you honestly tell me that the tax payer dollars I’m paying on meaningless stuff like a coffee pot & and a Yeti thermal cup isn’t going to directly fund the mass producing of more nuclear warheads?

The world isn’t pretty.... and I escape all that by spending the majority of my life playing video games. Let me have this much.

This might be a video game forum but the change goes further than just video games, it enters into the morality of people and if they are willing to ignore that to continue supporting their favourite company.

1 minute ago, BaloneyOs said:

I don't understand why, after everything you've expressed, you're still choosing to read and participate in these threads. On top of that, you're taking things so personally that you're trying to dictate for other people what topics of conversation are appropriate (the irony, do you see it?). This wasn't made to be an echo chamber just to appeal to your escapes, so the sooner you understand that the sooner you'll find peace for your own good.

It's the same as joining a conversation that you don't need to be a part of just to say "hey I don't like what you guys are talking about can you stop". Like do you purposely step in dog poo just so that you can garner attention by complaining about having stepped in dog poo?

Nah that's just Mike. Doesn't know when to quit and likes to troll people. Can't get rid of em no matter how hard you try.

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod.. glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370583004&searchtext=

Spoiler

aaaasszsa.thumb.gif.35c32477b70a469fcf422432ef985905.gif

2 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

It has begun.

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

No, you're considered a troll because of your past posts. Not the ones exclusively in this thread

1 hour ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

can you, elaborate on this? I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean.

I can bear their prejudice against the Chinese at this forums. I am not perfect after all. I always try to fix my own problems instead of blaming others for everything.

见贤思齐焉,见不贤而内自省也。

It means,

"When we see a man of virtue and talent, we should think of equalling them; when we see a man of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."

Now the people who attack Tencent in the forum are so hypocritical.  The media achieve their own political goals by misleading them. They credulously believed the media's prejudice against the Chinese. But turned a blind eye to the shameful behavior around theirself. This is double standard. In the perspective of activists, China is a prison, Europe is a refugee camp and America is a hell for people of color. They are nothing except to vent their emotions online.

BLM is one password which called Political correctness.

Enter this string as passwords to become part of them. No need to pay any moral price to gain part of the benefits from community.

These actions do hurt those who work hard to make money. They pay taxes to feed a group of sluggard instead of those who really need help. It's not fair.

1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

Holding my thumbs for you. And hoping that not much of that is actually needed.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

I know right? I'm laughing at the amount of americans and europeans here crying because "you're funding the CCP!!! CCP kills muslims and it is bad!!" as if their countries are not responsible for wars, poverty, dictatorships all around the globe. I'm not saying that China as a country is a saint, but you don't see people throwing that rage at Mark Z. for selling our data to the world and whatever. They don't throw a fit to american gaming companies that give their employees terrible work conditions... It's okay to do whatever you want, as long as you're not chinese, so you're bad. So hypocritical. 

The amount of gamers here full of conspiracy theorys and prejudice against chineses is rampant. This is ridiculous.

I will always find sad when a big company buys a small company, but I suppose there's must been a reason for it and the contract was good enough for Klei to accept. Best wishes and I hope that this means more updates for DST and a better quality of life for Klei's employees as well. I trust that Klei will keep delivering content as always. 

56 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod.. glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

Reveal hidden contents

aaaasszsa.thumb.gif.35c32477b70a469fcf422432ef985905.gif

Just to give an update on that, if someone tries to fav the mod or yours, it shows only the title on the activity page

Screenshot 2021-01-24 230714.png

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

By saying "tencent bought a majority stake" it means that they own more than 50% of the company or the resources of the company, meaning they have control over what happens in it.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

Tencent is the majority share holder in Klei now, which, to my very limited economic knowledge, means they effectively own Klei.

48 minutes ago, DST_LSJ said:

I can bear their prejudice against the Chinese at this forums. I am not perfect after all. I always try to fix my own problems instead of blaming others for everything.

we are not prejudice against the Chinese we are prejudice against the actions for the communist government

no country should commit genocide the Chinese are just the ones doing it now current day

51 minutes ago, DST_LSJ said:

见贤思齐焉,见不贤而内自省也。

It means,

"When we see a man of virtue and talent, we should think of equalling them; when we see a man of a contrary character, we should turn inwards and examine ourselves."

ok then why don't you look inwards and look why we are not okay with our money being sent to helping genocide?

Do you think genocide is good and justified? I genuinely want to know.

54 minutes ago, DST_LSJ said:

Now the people who attack Tencent in the forum are so hypocritical.  The media achieve their own political goals by misleading them. They credulously believed the media's prejudice against the Chinese. But turned a blind eye to the shameful behavior around theirself. This is double standard. In the perspective of activists, China is a prison, Europe is a refugee camp and America is a hell for people of color. They are nothing except to vent their emotions online.

见贤思齐焉,见不贤而内自省也。turn in and examine the company you defend Tencent unless you want to admit to being the hypocrite you defame others as.

most here who don't like Tencent hate those bias media too yet you just assume we don't have a critical eye to see the lies in the media. Your assumptions are rude and a defamation of character.

1 hour ago, DST_LSJ said:

These actions do hurt those who work hard to make money. They pay taxes to feed a group of sluggard instead of those who really need help. It's not fair.

"OH NO POOR MULTINATIONAL MONOPOLY! SOME MEAN PEOPLE ONLINE VOICED CRITICISM OF GENOCIDE AND SCUMMY PRACTICES BY NOT SPENDING THE MONEY THEY EARNED!! WAAAHHHH!!!! WAAHHHH!! HOW WILL THEY EVER RECOVER FROM PEOPLES MEAN WORDS AS THEY RECLINE IN THEIR GIANT MANSIONS?!?! THEY WOULD HAVE TO USE THEIR MONEY TO WIPE THEIR EYES BECAUSE THE MEAN INTERNET PEOPLE MADE THEM CRY FOR NOT GIVING THEM MONEY FOR THEM TO USE SILENCING PEOPLE AND PUSHING PROPAGANDA!!! WWWWAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

in all seriousness people are not required to give any business a cent you can just not support something you don't like, like genocide.

also you have still not addressed my previous rebuttal

4 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

What has BLM done that is anything close to the evil and corruption as the government that literally right now as we speak committing genocide and many other atrocities?

Reveal hidden contents

动态网自由门 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Free Tibet 六四天安門事件 The Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 天安門大屠殺 The Tiananmen Square Massacre 反右派鬥爭 The Anti-Rightist Struggle 大躍進政策 The Great Leap Forward 文化大革命 The Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution 人權 Human Rights 民運 Democratization 自由 Freedom 獨立 Independence 多黨制 Multi-party system 台灣 臺灣 Taiwan Formosa 中華民國 Republic of China 西藏 土伯特 唐古特 Tibet 達賴喇嘛 Dalai Lama 法輪功 Falun Dafa 新疆維吾爾自治區 The Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region 諾貝爾和平獎 Nobel Peace Prize 劉暁波 Liu Xiaobo 民主 言論 思想 反共 反革命 抗議 運動 騷亂 暴亂 騷擾 擾亂 抗暴 平反 維權 示威游行 李洪志 法輪大法 大法弟子 強制斷種 強制堕胎 民族淨化 人體實驗 肅清 胡耀邦 趙紫陽 魏京生 王丹 還政於民 和平演變 激流中國 北京之春 大紀元時報 九評論共産黨 獨裁 專制 壓制 統一 監視 鎮壓 迫害 侵略 掠奪 破壞 拷問 屠殺 活摘器官 誘拐 買賣人口 遊進 走私 毒品 賣淫 春畫 賭博 六合彩 天安門 天安门 法輪功 李洪志 Winnie the Pooh 劉曉波动态网自由门

Twitter was the one who removed Trump and his supporters and they went after the BLM types after that. answer me that.

also you are using ad-hominem https://effectiviology.com/ad-hominem-fallacy/

if you had a point wouldn't you say it rather then call us names? You are the one spitting insults maybe you are the one addicted to hate venting at us?

We do not stand against China we stand against genocide, do you?

Archived