Bigfoot

Studio Announcement

Serena Tsukino    5441
1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Valve? The guys who kicked the Left 4 Dead team to the curb so they had to rebrand and make a new game (let’s just face facts Back 4 Blood is L4D3) I’m honestly keeping a watchful eye on B4B because all the original designers for L4D were working on it.. it just won’t be called L4D anymore. 

Make of it what you will but Valve lost my respect when they ditched the L4D team, so I am glad Warner Bros is now giving them a chance to give the world the proper L4D3 we all been waiting on & fingers crossed it’s as good as their previous games.

But before I stray way too far off topic- Valve kicking the L4D creators to the curb is just one (admit-ably bad) example of how Klei’s Dealing with Tencent could go..

But I’m going to trust them on this, I have to with every fiber of my being- because I’m not going to let the small indie game that somehow managed to become my favorite most played game in my 400+ collection, suddenly fall into obscurity because of this choice.

I mean I know I’m just one guy and all but Klei should really sit and think about that for a moment or two.. how did they manage to get their game on my radar (and I am a very picky game player I’ll delete and never reinstall something again when I have no further interest in playing it..) out of that massive collection I currently only have 37 games installed despite having PLENTY of room for them.

So the question I purpose: How did Klei manage to get their games onto and more importantly STAY on this list?

Good Quality Entertainment, delivering my money’s worth in experiences with their products and then some, (mostly) friendly forums, interactive & fun developers.

When all those other companies you named off holds a contest where EVERYONE gets free skins and then that company takes all those contributions and they compile them together into an awesome photo- How about you let me know.

Until then, Despite all this Studio Announcement nonsense- I’m going to remain faithful to & trust in them because of how unique and awesome they’ve been.

But now more then ever is time for them to start making the big exciting announcements that we are all wanting to hear.

Please stop thinking about games for a moment, this is about human rights. Valve firing a tiny studio cannot compare in any way with the fact that Tencent is owned by the CCP which does terrible things to their people, as well suppress them and their rights. 

Edited by Charlie Dark
  • Thanks 1
  • Sanity 1

beanboy12    260
Just now, JoeW said:

You're following me. =)

OOOOOOOOOOOH

i forgot Xd.

Just now, Sunset Skye said:

As someone who's lost a close relative to cancer: this is a super gross and upsetting analogy to use for a videogame studio getting bought by one you don't like.

oh god, sorry dude.

i was just making an analogy (a bad one at that)

sorry dude.

• Like 2

OmeletteBoy    79
23 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

How can you ask me to stop talking about video games on a video game forum? You may not see valve firing as bad but I see those people as needing jobs to feed their family and valve just kicks em to the curb for not delivering what they expected.

You talk about Tencent and funding the CCP or whatever, but can you honestly tell me that the tax payer dollars I’m paying on meaningless stuff like a coffee pot & and a Yeti thermal cup isn’t going to directly fund the mass producing of more nuclear warheads?

The world isn’t pretty.... and I escape all that by spending the majority of my life playing video games. Let me have this much.

This might be a video game forum but the change goes further than just video games, it enters into the morality of people and if they are willing to ignore that to continue supporting their favourite company.

Edited by OmeletteBoy
  • Sad 1
  • Sanity 2

OmeletteBoy    79
4 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Nah that's just Mike. Doesn't know when to quit and likes to troll people. Can't get rid of em no matter how hard you try.

Oh, lol. Thanks i guess.

Pindeh    32
2 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370583004&searchtext=

It has begun.

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

Mike23Ua    10744

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

• Like 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

ZeeDragon    2569
3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

If being considered a troll for defending Klei’s decision is the consequences I must endure then so be it, it will be worth it so long as I bring up valid points to the conversation what’s the worst I can do? 

(believe me I’ve seen far worse posts in the Memes thread.) 

Wanna know something else Tencent owns shares into? Esports- So yeah if you are involved with anything Esports & feel guilty about supporting Klei due to Tencents involvement: Then you should probably Reap What You Sow and also feel guilty about supporting Esports activities.

No, you're considered a troll because of your past posts. Not the ones exclusively in this thread

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Pindeh    32

I think we can all agree that, if this goes downhill, we should pressure Klei to leave Tencent. Sure, they're a business, but they still listen the fans despite some dubious choices. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 2

GetNerfedOn    7524
24 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Nah that's just Mike. Doesn't know when to quit and likes to troll people. Can't get rid of em no matter how hard you try.

an institution at this point

• Haha 1

Gurgel    2775
1 hour ago, JoeW said:

Sucks you feel that way. Generally speaking this is how we handle things. We announce something, and then we move forward and show everybody through our actions, not through more words. Nothing we say right now is going to make anybody feel better. Most any question I have seen that we can reasonably answer was already addressed in the original post.

We said everything we can at this point, really. Now it's up to us to make good on it. 

Holding my thumbs for you. And hoping that not much of that is actually needed.

56 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

I just wanted to post the only other mod which is a little related to Tencent just got its comment section from the main page removed too! Out of every other mod.. glitches are only happening for the ones which are Tencent-y something smells funny... but that's only a theory... a conspiracy theory :wilson_ecstatic:!

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2370583004&searchtext=

Reveal hidden contents

aaaasszsa.thumb.gif.35c32477b70a469fcf422432ef985905.gif

Just to give an update on that, if someone tries to fav the mod or yours, it shows only the title on the activity page

Screenshot 2021-01-24 230714.png

Edited by Twilight_Sparkle
  • Wavey 2
  • Big Ups 2

Mike23Ua    10744

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Where EXACTLY has it been stated that Tencent bought Klei? I hear these claims but shares in something is not the same thing as ownership over it.

this is a “Partnership” in my understanding, not an entire Studio “Acquisition”

Tencent is the majority share holder in Klei now, which, to my very limited economic knowledge, means they effectively own Klei.

• Like 4