Studio Announcement

Bigfoot

10 minutes ago, Toutan said:

I'm just saying that if you react at this announcement from a "look how well Riot Games is doing, and yet they are owned by Tencent!!" point of view, it's anything but good

I do hope Klei will not become a Riot Games lookalike

But riot never went well. League of legends is and was popular for being a very casual competitive game, 2 things that engage people, not because riot were good devs or kind with the community like klei. Isnt a good example because, atleat me, dont see any big difference

Remember that maybe they have premium pass and that kind of stuff but when i played there were already skins that cost 20 € and nearly 50 € 

3 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You dont support anything playing a game already paid and for the spyware, men, you are already in the big data and the ccp doesnt care you data unless you live in china because they cant do anything for saying china bad if you live in usa, europe or whatever

Also, klei games are open source, i dont think they will contain spyware (maybe in the china clients...)

Isnt like tencent will be richer if you play your already paid copy of klei games if you dont buy skins or other stuff

Definitely on Tencent's platform because it's China we're talking about. I'm not sure how rampant spyware is on Steam in games, but I imagine even if they do care about it, they can't do much to stop it.

I'm genuinely unsure about Klei's choices concerning stocks. If they give out cash dividends, odds are Tencent WILL make some money with an increase of sales, as when your company does well, the faithful thing to do is pay your shareholders a little extra at the end of the year.

The main issue is shareholders get to vote on who runs the company. Klei said Tencent respected their creative decisions in the past. But now they have the biggest vote when it comes to how the company is run. It's not uncommon for companies (all companies, not just Chinese ones) to sweeten the pot and get you to trust them.

5 minutes ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Definitely on Tencent's platform because it's China we're talking about. I'm not sure how rampant spyware is on Steam in games, but I imagine even if they do care about it, they can't do much to stop it.

I'm genuinely unsure about Klei's choices concerning stocks. If they give out cash dividends, odds are Tencent WILL make some money with an increase of sales, as when your company does well, the faithful thing to do is pay your shareholders a little extra at the end of the year.

The main issue is shareholders get to vote on who runs the company. Klei said Tencent respected their creative decisions in the past. But now they have the biggest vote when it comes to how the company is run. It's not uncommon for companies (all companies, not just Chinese ones) to sweeten the pot and get you to trust them.

Oh boo hoo, people. Just ignore the angry crowd and press on other matters (if you have any... if not then.. idk. I guess keep doing what you're doing?)

But for real, we all know people won't be happy and some will be more angry than others. Get on with your lives and watch ASMR or whatever things you kids do these days.

9 minutes ago, Mantas said:

But for real, we all know people won't be happy and some will be more angry than others. Get on with your lives and watch ASMR or whatever things you kids do these days.

where we droppin boys

(i don't play fortnite but kids do)

what i do know is that a lot of people including kids like the Dream SMP 

i just have to talk about the Dream SMP every 5 seconds because of how much i love it 

like has anyone seen the prison?like goddamn is that some of the finest redstone in the entirety of minecraft and has anyone seen the final disc war?i legit got goosebumps when tommy said"dream put your stuff in the hole" because of how much dream manipulated tommy 

what?you guys have no idea what im talking about?

oh guess ill take my leave then

2 minutes ago, viberr said:

where we droppin boys

(i don't play fortnite but kids do)

what i do know is that a lot of people including kids like the Dream SMP 

i just have to talk about the Dream SMP every 5 seconds because of how much i love it 

like has anyone seen the prison?like goddamn is that some of the finest redstone in the entirety of minecraft and has anyone seen the final disc war?i legit got goosebumps when tommy said"dream put your stuff in the hole" because of how much dream manipulated tommy 

what?you guys have no idea what im talking about?

oh guess ill take my leave then

ok, go back- GO BACK

2 minutes ago, Mantas said:

ok, go back- GO BACK

too late

so one of my favorite parts is when ranboo is in the panic room and he finds out that he "blew up" the community house but it was actually dream 

i also like that part where dream destroys the end portal because it isn't allowed but in the story techno and phil were just gonna use it as a table 

also who can forget eret when he betrayed l'manburg with his famous line"it was never meant to be" like 10/10 man its even better than most tv shows 

do you want me to continue?

4 minutes ago, viberr said:

too late

so one of my favorite parts is when ranboo is in the panic room and he finds out that he "blew up" the community house but it was actually dream 

i also like that part where dream destroys the end portal because it isn't allowed but in the story techno and phil were just gonna use it as a table 

also who can forget eret when he betrayed l'manburg with his famous line"it was never meant to be" like 10/10 man its even better than most tv shows 

do you want me to continue?

Just now, Mantas said:

Minecraft's getting as annoying as Fortnite for me now xd

but the big difference between minecraft and fortnite is that minecraft has reedemble qualitys fortnite does not

like i bet you 5 bucks that if you were a person who liked story and watched the Dream SMP you would immediately fall in love

you just gotta give it a chance

2 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

You guys wanna split a cab?

during quarantine?nah man im good

1 minute ago, viberr said:

but the big difference between minecraft and fortnite is that minecraft has reedemble qualitys fortnite does not

like i bet you 5 bucks that if you were a person who liked story and watched the Dream SMP you would immediately fall in love

you just gotta give it a chance

Nah, I don't wanna. Stuff like that isn't my cup of coffee.

2 minutes ago, viberr said:

during quarantine?nah man im good

That's just a quote from Psychonauts, because why not

This is very bad news. I'm just happy that this happened AFTER losing interest in the ONI main game and BEFORE having my interest potentially reignited by the new DLC as it makes boycotting Klei very easy. I feel foolish for having sung Klei's praises as often as I did and praising them for being the "good guys" of the games industry. I'm under no illusion that they'll miss neither my wallet nor my support considering "Players in China make up a large proportion of the players of our games..." but I'm out regardless.

As a digital artist myself I wish the technical and creative staff at Klei all the best.

Just now, viberr said:

hows that work tho?

if tea ain't yo cup of tea then doesn't that blow up the whole thing?

i don't know man logic ain't my cup of coke cola

(Blank) isn't my cup of (Insert whatever drink you like here.)

It's usually tea, but you can change it up however you like because it's one of those phrases.

Archived