[Game Update] - 443735

• Developer

Reap what you Sow Beta Hotfix

Changes

• Enabled Winter’s Feast (More information can be found here)
  • Restored the plant nutrient cycling values back to the previous values
  • Durian consumes compost instead of manure
  • Restored the soil tilling and planting distance to the previous value
  • Added a plant stress category “overcrowding” which will cause stress on if there are more than 10 plants in a tile (includes weeds)
  • Changed the nutrient arrows to all have the “ground” line on the bottom (the arrow directions did not change).
  • Seed Pack-It is now located in the Survival crafting tab
  • Pine Cones, Birchnuts, and Twiggy Tree Cones can now be stored in the Seed Pack-It

Note

• We have read the feedback about fertilizing being underpowered and will be addressing this soon.
  • We are also aware that the main menu banner is not displaying, this will be fixed in the next hotfix

View full update

• Like 50
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Spool 1
  • Big Ups 2

2 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:
  • Added a plant stress category “overcrowding” which will cause stress on if there are more than 10 plants in a tile (includes weeds)

Great solution!

• Like 20

1 minute ago, ScottHansen said:

Added a plant stress category “overcrowding” which will cause stress on if there are more than 10 plants in a tile (includes weeds)

Does this mean the "overcrowding" stressor and "weed" stressor are one and the same?

3 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes

•  

View full update

Scott thank you very much. This is really phenomenal, i can't wait again to have this on Live!
The overcrowding seems a really smart way to deal with the 4x4 without taking away the 3x3 easy tilling.

Thank you again for all the work and fast changes/fixes

You all have been beyond awesome this year!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Potato Cup 1

11 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes

• Enabled Winter’s Feast (More information can be found here)
  • Changed the nutrient arrows to all have the “ground” line on the bottom (the arrow directions did not change).
  • Seed Pack-It is now located in the Survival crafting tab
  • Pine Cones, Birchnuts, and Twiggy Tree Cones can now be stored in the Seed Pack-It

Note

• We have read the feedback about fertilizing being underpowered and will be addressing this soon.
  • We are also aware that the main menu banner is not displaying, this will be fixed in the next hotfix

View full update

would Pine Cones, Birchnuts, and Twiggy Tree Cones be a thing for use in the compost bin?

• Big Ups 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, Owlrus said:

Unless that means we can do 4x4 again.

4*4 plants are a think again, but with 16 plants on a tile they will now suffer stress from being overcrowded. 

1 hour ago, jantonio said:

would Pine Cones, Birchnuts, and Twiggy Tree Cones be a thing for use in the compost bin?

We will add those.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

8 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

4*4 plants are a think again, but with 16 plants on a tile they will now suffer stress from being overcrowded. 

We will add those.

Request to add ability to compost slingshots, spiderhats, and 1% dark swords.

Edited by JazzyGames
  • Like 4
  • Haha 15
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Added a plant stress category “overcrowding” which will cause stress on if there are more than 10 plants in a tile (includes weeds)

seriously? you just took away "10 tomatoes+5 dragonfruits" and other useful combos from us.

Edited by Duck986
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad Dupe 2

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

Changes

Never have I ever seen such a listening and empathetic team. I am so glad you are! Every time I doubt some of your decisions you always manage to exceed my expectations.

I even pointed out the arrow thing and it's now implemented, thank you from the bottom of my heart :love_heart:

• Like 12

Old nutrition values are back, Durian now consumes compost as requested, 3x3 tilling is easy again and there's balancing to deter 4x4? Wow, Klei does truly listen all the feedback on this, thank you very much, this update is shaping to be great and its all thanks to the considerate hardworking developers of DST. Glad to hear that the effectiveness of the fertilizers is on the table. 

As others pointed out, I'd like composting bin to become more more accepting to various items, especially depleting ones like Garlands and Hambats.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

Restored the plant nutrient cycling values back to the previous values

Restored the soil tilling and planting distance to the previous value

Thank for listening !!!

Added a plant stress category “overcrowding”

This is what i called a good way to limit survivor from plant 4x4 plot, not by increase the till space, leave a choice for us.

• Like 3

It feels kinda wrong to be excited for what's essentially an update being rolled back.

... but I'll get over it.

So, thanks for yet another amazing (un)update!

P.S. Durian consumes compost and fertilizer tweaks are on the table! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ... Ahem.