Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

47 minutes ago, gaymime said:

dragonfruit farming xD

Unfortunatelly that was the only way of accessing dragonfruits ( without wormwood- and wormwood was better on it), meaning that it couldnt be compared to anything else. Compared to current farming, the old farms were outdated and old, the tiling is better.

36 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Farms are very much the Meta for console players, and especially for Wurt players

But my question now is Does Wickers Book still instant grow millions of planted Wormwood crops or just 10 of them? :-P

Farms weren't anyhow "meta", they just barely allowed to unlock plants/spices with possible 0 net gain.

1 hour ago, Sapientis said:

It's changed to just one item drop which is Carrot (40%), Meat (30%) or Bunny Puff (30%). It may be a little different.

Seems like a meaningful change for farming Carrots and Meats, but it actually buffed Bunny Puff's drop rate.

If anyone was curious and couldn't check for themselves.

You're totally wrong here, Bunny Puff's drop rate didn't get buffed at all:

local function LootSetupFunction(lootdropper)
    local guy = lootdropper.inst.causeofdeath
    if IsCrazyGuy(guy ~= nil and guy.components.follower ~= nil and guy.components.follower.leader or guy) then
        -- beard lord
        lootdropper:SetLoot(beardlordloot)
    else
        -- regular loot
        lootdropper:AddRandomLoot("carrot", 3)
        lootdropper:AddRandomLoot("meat", 3)
        lootdropper:AddRandomLoot("manrabbit_tail", 2)
        lootdropper.numrandomloot = 1
    end
end

Bunnymen still have a chance of only 2/(3+3+2) = 25% to drop their Bunny Puff, but Meat got nerfed from 75% to 37.5% and Carrot from 2x 100% to 1x 37.5%. Beardlords on the other hand still have their old loot table.

4 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Unfortunatelly that was the only way of accessing dragonfruits ( without wormwood- and wormwood was better on it), meaning that it couldnt be compared to anything else. Compared to current farming, the old farms were outdated and old, the tiling is better.

Farms weren't anyhow "meta", they just barely allowed to unlock plants/spices with possible 0 net gain.

it is awkward that you refuse to see something obvious and when it is shown to you by someone you take it as an oppertunity to be unplesant in a different direction. of course dragonfruit are exclusive to farming, most fruit and veg are. that doesnt mean it wasnt a meta strat. for sure though spiced food and dragonpie are considered meta things as they give a decided edge over not using them if one has the correct set-up. just because you dont personally care for it doesnt invalidate it

Just now, gaymime said:

it is awkward that you refuse to see something obvious and when it is shown to you by someone you take it as an oppertunity to be unplesant in a different direction. of course dragonfruit are exclusive to farming, most fruit and veg are. that doesnt mean it wasnt a meta strat. for sure though spiced food and dragonpie are considered meta things as they give a decided edge over not using them if one has the correct set-up. just because you dont personally care for it doesnt invalidate it

Sorry, it's midnight, I may be rambling.

As someone who usually ends up as the homebody, "tending" the crops and mass producing crock-pot meals among other things, I'm happy to see I'll have more stuff to keep my attention throughout the days alone at the base. My new best friends will be my plants. 

1 hour ago, Viktor234 said:

You're totally wrong here, Bunny Puff's drop rate didn't get buffed at all:

Bunnymen still have a chance of only 2/(3+3+2) = 25% to drop their Bunny Puff, but Meat got nerfed from 75% to 37.5% and Carrot from 2x 100% to 1x 37.5%. Beardlords on the other hand still have their old loot table.

Okay, the values are somewhat similar... My info was from gameplay testing, not from code, so thank you for clarification. :wickerbottomthanks:

12 minutes ago, AquaAtia said:

As someone who usually ends up as the homebody, "tending" the crops and mass producing crock-pot meals among other things, I'm happy to see I'll have more stuff to keep my attention throughout the days alone at the base. My new best friends will be my plants. 

Spoiler

you might relate to this song 

7 hours ago, ScottHansen said:
Wormwood Changes
  • Can determine a plant’s needs without the use of technology

is this implemented yet? How does this work? from what i can tell Wormwood still needs the gardeneer hat in order to open the Plant registry and its still all blank without researching as wormwood 

4 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Composting Bin / Compost

Hide contents

compostingbin_spin.gif.a1f3474f583aa6e1a73ecc5a83dfb8cb.gif 

Lord of the Fruit Flies

Hide contents

fruitfly_evil_idle.gif.2974884daa60272b4104f868bb78760e.gif

The compost bin looks like a tool that either Wormwood, Webber, or Wortox would jump in for a rollercoaster ride.

I'm confused, the name makes me assume this is a npc but the file name says "minion". I was kind of excited for the name due to that sounding like a new villain name...

2 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The compost bin looks like a tool that either Wormwood, Webber, or Wortox would jump in for a rollercoaster ride.

I'm confused, the name makes me assume this is a npc but the file name says "minion". I was kind of excited for the name due to that sounding like a new villain name...

it is a joke. "lord of the flies" is a name for the main christian devil and the name for the madness several stranded schoolboys go through in the book of the same name

3 minutes ago, minespatch said:

What I sow (pun intended) is that it is an enemy that occasionally spawns from a farm. It took me over 40 days before they appeared and I'm not sure what caused that. It has quite a bit of health (I'd assume similar to Spider Queen, Varg or a Trequard). It spawns several lesser fruit flies which cause some kind of disease over plants and when you defeat the Lord it drops a Fruit which is linked with a positive counterpart of a Fruit Fly and is named Friendly Fruit Fly. It then follows the fruit in similar manner as Chester follows Chester Eye Bone and takes care of nearby crops.

Archived