Now in testing - Reap what you Sow

3 minutes ago, PeiperPires said:

I loved everything about the update, but killing a bunnyMan just to get a single carrot doesn't feel right. Maybe they could have a a 50/50 chance of dropping a meat or rabbit puff, along with a 50% chance of dropping a carrot..?

carrots are still viable through world-gen and lunar island

2 minutes ago, PeiperPires said:

I loved everything about the update, but killing a bunnyMan just to get a single carrot doesn't feel right. Maybe they could have a a 50/50 chance of dropping a meat or rabbit puff, along with a 50% chance of dropping a carrot..?

Pigmen drop a single item and now Bunnymen drop a single item as well. Feels right enough for me.

I think they wanted to nerf other means of getting vegetables so they had to nerf Bunnymen farms (of death).

Shhh, don't remind them StoneFRUITS yield veggies. ;)

48 minutes ago, Hornete said:

they're not getting destroyed, you can still use old farm plots.

Then what is that supposed to mean?

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i made, when trouble waters beta was release, a warly world...

20201126204348_1.thumb.jpg.7e6a888a7b3246ba3783b7116cc9f13e.jpg

Besides you're no longer able to craft them in beta, so I'd assume they will be destroyed when the update arrives to the main branch.

Can anyone confirm this?

1 minute ago, Rinkusan said:

Is it because of the "nerf" to megabasing? That's the impression I'm getting from reading a few comments from the ones who dislike the nerf.

yeah i can't really give MY opinion on the matter considering im on console and not on pc but i do hope they remove one of the nerfs so people can stop complaining or saying"RIP wickerbottom"because its getting annoying 

hope you have a good day or night tho 

bye

12 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Besides you're no longer able to craft them in beta, so I'd assume they will be destroyed when the update arrives to the main branch.

Can anyone confirm this?

Oh wow! I didnt realise this happened, thanks for letting me know.

13 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

Is it because of the "nerf" to megabasing? That's the impression I'm getting from reading a few comments from the ones who dislike the nerf.

what i personally dont like about it is how u cant decide what those limited amount of 10 boosts are used on. U can stand in the middle of ur berry bush farm and read the book and its very possible that instead of the bushes getting boosted, it boosts some random trees at the edge of your screen... So its become very hard to use. 

Just now, Sapientis said:

I'm genuinely interested in Soothing Tea T

127447316_2700225906897940_5628460336003554513_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=HcOROt9AbNQAX99OzJ2&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=e48b3c43a29914b124f63d6295fc1589&oe=5FE6B88F

It looks incredible! Does anyone know the recipe or stats? I love tea!

So far ive succesfully made it with 2 forget-me-lots flowers, 1 ice and 1 honey it only gave like 15 sanity and a bit of health iirc

5 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

I'm genuinely interested in Soothing Tea T

127447316_2700225906897940_5628460336003554513_n.png?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=HcOROt9AbNQAX99OzJ2&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&oh=e48b3c43a29914b124f63d6295fc1589&oe=5FE6B88F

It looks incredible! Does anyone know the recipe or stats? I love tea!

One forgetmelot, one sweetener(honey, honeycomb), one ice and that's it. Ofc no meat, no veggies, no inedible and all that

14 minutes ago, Sapientis said:

Then what is that supposed to mean?

Can anyone confirm this?

1 minute ago, Hornete said:

Oh wow! I didnt realise this happened, thanks for letting me know.

i did it with a hammer because that was the best place to make the new ones

Well while some people mourn the nerfing of Wicker with an update completely unrelated to her rework or Even return of them Updates, I’m going to sit over here and wonder what kind of NEW stuff they’ll add in when they DO Rework/add more Return of Them content that Warrants her nerf.

For NOW it sounds awful, but I’m just going to trust in Klei’s ability to deliver high quality stuffs- And assume that these changes had to be made based on content that may not even be in the game till 2 or 3 updates from now.

I will admit that all the stuff I have seen thanks to Dataminers looks highly promising, (unique sprites on each veggie plant is something the game didn’t really need TBH... and Watering Plants might be fun) this update looks intriguing even if it’s completely unrelated to the Return of Them Updates.

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i did it with a hammer because that was the best place to make them

:D Okay, fair enough!

But will old Farms remain? That would be so strange to be able to farm crops old fashioned way in older worlds, but cannot make them any more.

1 minute ago, stranger again said:

yeah i can't really give MY opinion on the matter considering im on console and not on pc but i do hope they remove one of the nerfs so people can stop complaining or saying"RIP wickerbottom"because its getting annoying 

hope you have a good day or night tho 

bye

Oh no, I wasn't asking for your specific opinion on the nerf itself. I was asking for your insight into the collective opinion of the "many others" you mentioned who didn't like this nerf; that's all. 

7 minutes ago, Rinkusan said:

I'm not sure I'd call it a nerf to mega-basing as we all have different definitions of "mega-base." If anything the new farming adds a lot more structures and cosmetics to incorporate into a mega-base. And a lot of folks will love to have a new big project. I think the problem now is that the farming is not only unnecessarily dense and complicated but also (and most importantly) a massive, massive time drain. 

I LOVE the added realism of seasonal crops, plots, and growth stages but we didn't need a farming simulator. My literal vegetable garden irl isn't even this tedious. Does Klei want more people sitting at their base the whole time, ignoring all the bosses and late-game content? Cause I fear that's exactly what will happen.

6 minutes ago, Ohan said:

what i personally dont like about it is how u cant decide what those limited amount of 10 boosts are used on. U can stand in the middle of ur berry bush farm and read the book and its very possible that instead of the bushes getting boosted, it boosts some random trees at the edge of your screen... So its become very hard to use. 

So far ive succesfully made it with 2 forget-me-lots flowers, 1 ice and 1 honey it only gave like 15 sanity and a bit of health iirc

Oh I see; that's interesting. That does sound annoyoing, but I guess a way to get around that would be to segregate your plants, right?

(regarding Wicker "nerf(s)") Kinda wondering what the heck everyone is complaining about any nerfs in here for, I mean if you're visiting these forums you likely aren't new, and if such a change really screws with you that much, you probably were using it as a crutch and inhibiting your ability to allow yourself to get better at the game. Not to be rude, but seriously, git gud.

And I say this as a Wes and Maxwell main in case anyone questions what perks and drawbacks I like in my characters.

2 minutes ago, m14221 said:

I'm not sure I'd call it a nerf to mega-basing as we all have different definitions of "mega-base." If anything the new farming adds a lot more structures and cosmetics to incorporate into a mega-base. And a lot of folks will love to have a new big project. I think the problem now is that the farming is not only unnecessarily dense and complicated but also (and most importantly) a massive, massive time drain. 

I LOVE the added realism of seasonal crops, plots, and growth stages but we didn't need a farming simulator. My literal vegetable garden irl isn't even this tedious. Does Klei want more people sitting at their base the whole time, ignoring all the bosses and late-game content? Cause I fear that's exactly what will happen.

Gotcha. I'm going to try out the beta in a bit; I'll keep the tediousness and time inefficiency in mind. Thanks for the insight!

1 minute ago, Quyzbuk said:

(regarding Wicker "nerf(s)") Kinda wondering what the heck everyone is complaining about any nerfs in here for, I mean if you're visiting these forums you likely aren't new, and if such a change really screws with you that much, you probably were using it as a crutch and inhibiting your ability to allow yourself to get better at the game. Not to be rude, but seriously, git gud.

And I say this as a Wes and Maxwell main in case anyone questions what perks and drawbacks I like in my characters.

who needs to be experience to farm grass? the nerf only affects how tedious can be make a mega base

arrogant comment of the century

12 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

who needs to be experience to farm grass? the nerf only affects how tedious can be make a mega base

arrogant comment of the century

14 minutes ago, Quyzbuk said:

And I say this as a Maxwell main...

It checks out

1 minute ago, m14221 said:

The point about megabasing is that you could have crops planted on farms all year long, the only maintenance being refueling Ice Flingomatic in Summer. Now all crops will require some attention, they can go bad if you neglect them, so you can lose all Dragonfruits you left for aesthetics. 

And the fact that the game becomes so thicc (wide,  branched out) is always good, it allows everyone to find something they enjoy doing.
Some players need a farming simulator more than another boss.

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

them where place there like nothing happend but couldnt build new ones

Could you plant seeds on them?

For everyone worrying about Wickerbottom:
keep in mind she's been one of the best if not the best character in the game for quite some time.
She really is the definition of how cheating works in similar games.
Let her have a break, we are still to get an update on her.

:wickerbottomthanks:

Archived