Solo Players Support

If you really dont want elaborate setup for Dragonfly, you can try this

I understand your point. Since we have that much option, why not being able to change boss's HP.

But still you should really try and practice boss fight even if you have to rollback a lot.

I remember sweating during Dragonfly, not being able to kill Klaus without using life giving amulet, giving up Mysery Toadstool because i was under prepared and so wasted an entire year, getting so frustrated by Bee Queen that i litterally start playing Wickerbotom just to kill her easyly with "On tentacle" cheese and today, they are my favorite boss and i enjoy fighting them without cheese everytime (if you dont considerate wall for Dragonfly a cheese).

I really think they are good the  way they are right now. Just learn and practice, it will feel so rewarding when you finally see their death animation.

50 minutes ago, kuroite said:

I understand your point. Since we have that much option, why not being able to change boss's HP.

But still you should really try and practice boss fight even if you have to rollback a lot.

I remember sweating during Dragonfly, not being able to kill Klaus without using life giving amulet, giving up Mysery Toadstool because i was under prepared and so wasted an entire year, getting so frustrated by Bee Queen that i litterally start playing Wickerbotom just to kill her easyly with "On tentacle" cheese and today, they are my favorite boss and i enjoy fighting them without cheese everytime (if you dont considerate wall for Dragonfly a cheese).

I really think they are good the  way they are right now. Just learn and practice, it will feel so rewarding when you finally see their death animation.

my opinion is the same as yours.the bosses in don't starve at the start can be very hard especially raid bosses but one thing i like about them is learning their kiting patterns their attacks and then eventually learning how to defeat them 

but i as a human being am very stubborn when it comes to videogames (one good example would be me defeating every single boss in hollow knight on radiant mode and if anyone here has played hollow knight enough to reach godhome then yous should know how much of a challenge that really is)i am very stubborn in the way of me not accepting loss. after i die to a boss in any game i go straight back to them to give them another shot and try again but not everyone on earth is as stubborn as me. some people hate having to try time and time again to kill a boss whos hard like the OP and mike so a option to make the bosses have less health would be good for them

but in my opinion that kills a lot of the reward when killing the boss. if dragonfly had only say 5000 health then it wouldn't be that much of a accomplishment to defeat them  but i think a option like this is needed because people like the OP and mike don't want to waste that much time on a boss. one good example of this would be NKG(nightmare king grimm)from hollow knight. NKG is really difficult and at first he is really hard but you can eventually learn to defeat him and get good at him but some people don't want to waste that much time learning to fight him so team cherry(creators of hollow knight)added the option to banish the grimm troupe and not have to fight NKG at all for those people who didn't want to fight him.klei`s equivalent could be a option that makes the bosses have less health.

the TLDR is that a option to make bosses have less health would be good for people who don't to waste a lot of time learning to defeat a boss and i agree with adding the option in some cases yet don't agree with in some other cases 

(i think this reply is partly considered off topic if so someone tell me i will happily delete my account if this reply is off topic)

anyways hope you all have lovely day or night wherever you are in the world

k bye

To quote the post above without actually quoting the post above @stranger again 

Spoiler

I Wouldn’t consider other video games reference points as being Off-Topic, SOME people might get all muffed up about it but I as an Actual GAMER. And not someone casually interested in games, A forum moderator or someone who designs games for a living but doesn’t actually play the games I develop (yes some developers do that) Anyway I personally Rely upon those references as the absolute most important & easily relatable examples MORE THEN ANYTHING... 

Now baring in mind that not everyone will have played the game you are referencing so it’s good to also provide a bit of context with your reference examples (which you did so Thank You I’ve personally never played that game..) Your post shouldn’t be considered completely off-topic.

But to please those who will have considered it off-topic for whatever reason I’ll put this into a spoiler tag to avoid disrupting them.

Me and the OP of this post would like easier bosses for solo play, while I do not know why the OP wants it I can provide clear straight forward examples of why I WANT IT-

#1- and most obvious answer Fighting these bosses drop loot that makes staying Alive EASIER and as such- should be something more easily accessible to people who actually need assistance in staying Alive, Meanwhile for people who want “Hardcore Mode” those same bosses should just be more difficult without dropping useful stuff that makes your life any less Uncompromising.

Pretty simple explanation right?

#2- Not everyone’s Idea of fun is hours upon hours of resource gathering, large set up costs, perpetration, perfectly timed kiting powers, Cheese tactics, or fights taking a significantly longer time that can easily be defeated with no additional threat whatsoever when multiple players are involved in the battle.

(The Following Paragraph maybe considered off-topic you have been warned)

Using State of Decay 2 as a quick example in SINGLE PLAYER Zombie freaks can only attack/damage you & they are easy to counter, but introduce a PLAYER TWO & those same easy to deal with freaks gain a new & terrifying ability of being able to snatch your character up & if not rescued by player two quickly enough- Insta-Kill your Character regardless of how much health you had.

back ON-TOPIC: I hear all these people complaining about me wanting bosses with less health but I don’t see ANYONE except maybe @Scrimbles agreeing with my point that the bosses should be much MORE Difficult to fight in a big group with strange new powers that force team-work or you all die.. 

#3- As I’ve mentioned time and time again I play this game by taking the default settings & chunking those into the nearest campfire. Anything that completely breaks the games Meta-Way of play I’m immediately on board to try, so my worlds have Random bits of what I call Mad Unpredictable Chaos thrown into the Mix- Weather Seasons change Rapidly & will last for Random Intervals, Hound Wave Frequency & Sizes are increased, Certain reliable meta features are disabled completely or lessened making simply traveling around the world itself a challenge in its own rights. And when you factor all of that in (Which would also include days having completely random lengths of Daylight/ Moon phases if I got more of this type of content..) 

factor ALL of that in- & you Obviously you don’t want to spend hours fighting some highly annoying fight that as I mentioned in point #2- is over in quick fashion when multiple parties are involved without so much as a single difficulty spike or new ability applied during the fight.

#4- And probably most important of all, I have friends of varying skill levels who would probably play and even ENJOY something like the Dragonfly boss- But those friends are significantly under-skill levels for boss fights and because of such, we don’t even bother adding things like Dragonfly or Bearger to World Gen settings when I play with the less skilled friends (when they die of Starvation with an inventory full of Birchnuts because they have yet to figure out they can be cooked.. they don’t really NEED highly difficult bosses to go alongside that.)

They all just want to play the game, learn at their own pace & have tons of fun, and I want to also be able to play with those friends without the game being too boring for me, or too frustrating for them.

So YES Me and The OP WANT Easier to fight versions of the bosses- I just stated my top four reasons as to why I Want it to happen, Maybe OP will feel like sharing their reasons as well.

The one thing that will ALWAYS be confusing to me is that fighting Deerclops, Bearger or Dragonfly rewards the player with items that make staying alive easier correct? (Don’t bother answering you know the truth) So then- Wouldn’t it make more logical sense for the people who actually STRUGGLE to survive to be able to more easily obtain the items? 

43 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

(The Following Paragraph maybe considered off-topic you have been warned)

Using State of Decay 2 as a quick example in SINGLE PLAYER Zombie freaks can only attack/damage you & they are easy to counter, but introduce a PLAYER TWO & those same easy to deal with freaks gain a new & terrifying ability of being able to snatch your character up & if not rescued by player two quickly enough- Insta-Kill your Character regardless of how much health you had.

DST is a game for multiple people, not one.

It is doable single, and if you manage to do it alone, congratulations, here is a star!

Spoiler

You're a perfectionist through and through. | Cute love memes, Reactions  meme, Response memes 

As a wise man once said; "Git gud."

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

So you suggest that bosses should be easier so the game become easier (most boss loots are improvement of qol but im tired of arguing this with you) wtf

So have change from "i dont like to kill bosses because makes the game easier" to "i cant kill bosses, make them easier so the game become easier with their loot"

Im totally agree that boss fights are so easy with many veterans players but for a single veteran is easy too

My last post, just wanted to mark all the nonsense

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

So you suggest that bosses should be easier so the game become easier (most boss loots are improvement of qol but im tired of arguing this with you) wtf

So have change from "i dont like to kill bosses because makes the game easier" to "i cant kill bosses, make them easier so the game become easier with their loot"

Im totally agree that boss fights are so easy with many veterans players but for a single veteran is easy too

My last post, just wanted to mark all the nonsense

but do you agree with the idea that they should add a  option to lower the bosses health for solo players?

34 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

#1- and most obvious answer Fighting these bosses drop loot that makes staying Alive EASIER and as such- should be something more easily accessible to people who actually need assistance in staying Alive, Meanwhile for people who want “Hardcore Mode” those same bosses should just be more difficult without dropping useful stuff that makes your life any less Uncompromising.

Then what would be the point in having any sort of reward in the first place? In any sort of fun game, there has to a reward for achieving a goal that the developers intended. If there wasn't it would just feel hollow and boring as there would be no reward in the risk and reward system the game likes so much. Sure, people may need that item to get through the game, but why should everything be lowered in difficulty so that a few people would have more reward for less risk. Since you like bringing up other games so much, I do it myself. In SMT: Nocturne, there is a super special reward near the end of the game that makes immune to all attacks except the rarest type and adds a solid 1/4 to all of your stats. The reason for being brought up is that this item is clearly and obviously broken, but needs a lot of effort in fighting very difficult bosses and getting all the other items of it type. Your argument is that this item should be easier to get because so people may need to play it. This idea is stupid because it completely breaks the balance of the game and makes the reward feel more hollow but making it easier to get. While a person may need these items to survive, they should have to learn to make do without the cream of the crop if they are not willing to risk it for said biscuit.

45 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

#2- Not everyone’s Idea of fun is hours upon hours of resource gathering, large set up costs, perpetration, perfectly timed kiting powers, Cheese tactics and fighting taking a significantly longer time fighting enemies that can easily be defeated with no additional threat whatsoever when multiple players are involved in the battle.

True, but that just makes the death and process all the more satisfying. While not every person's cup of tea, some people do like the process of getting better and better until they can see noticeable improvement. Having things challenge your abilities is what a boss is suppose to do, and each of the bosses that require said resources can make you a better player. Crab King challenges your ability to fight under pressure and keep calm even when everything is going to s**t. Toadstool teaches about the value of using normal unused items and their usefulness like the poultices and salves you seem so enamored with, and Bee Queen teaches the player how to carefully monitor and observe patterns in their enemies. All of them all allows the player to grow and learn for each one of them, both materialistically and mentally. The gathering of materials is the build up to the final crescendo that is the slaying of the beast you have your eyes on. I would also say that it is obvious that it would be significantly easier with more people, but you are also setting out on the journey purposefully handicapped and thus have to adapt to it. In a game centered around being together, it is only logical that going at it alone will be hellish if you want every bit of content the game has to offer.

ANYONE except maybe Scrimbles agreeing with my point that these bosses should be much MORE Difficult to fight in a group with strange new powers that force team-work or you all die.. 

So one of your arguments for why fighting against bosses solo, is that you want bosses that are inherently very difficult alone since you would only be using 1/6 of these new powers for the fight, less you portal swap which should not be the be all end all solution to that boss. While some people may go over board with discussing irrelevant things, you should at least limit what you talking about so that none of your viewpoint contradict each other on how playing together should be like.

#3- As I’ve mentioned time and time again I play this game by taking the default settings and chunking those into the nearest campfire anything that breaks the games Meta-Way of play I’m immediately on board to try, so my worlds have Random bits of what I call Mad Unpredictable Chaos thrown into the Mix- Weather Seasons change Rapidly and last for Random Intervals, Hound Wave Frequency & Sizes are increased, Certain reliable meta features are disabled completely or lessened making simply traveling around the world itself a challenge in its own rights. And when you factor all of that in (Which would also include days having completely random lengths of Daylight/ Moon phases if I got more of this type of content..) 

So your personal settings and options for which you set your world, which is none of my business, is the reason why all bosses across the board need to be easier for single fighters. Your game just simply isn't the environment a player is suppose to be playing in, and thus any of your stratagems' and conditions would not be generally applicable to our unedited worlds. You never compare something to a outlier, but instead you relate it to the base line and work for there. Again, it none of my business if you edit your world or not, but that messing with the world doesn't give you some sort of scapegoat as to why you can't beat a boss under normal circumstances.

#4- And probably most important of all, I have friends of varying skill levels who would probably play and even ENJOY something like the Dragonfly boss- But those friends are significantly under-expected skill levels for said boss fights and because of such, we don’t even bother adding things like Dragonfly or Bearger to World Gen settings when I play with these less skilled friends (when they die of Starvation with an inventory full of Birchnuts because they have yet to figure out they can be cooked.. they don’t really NEED highly difficult bosses to go alongside that.)

So instead of allowing your friends from playing with the content that they would probably enjoy, you would rather just remove it from the world entirely so that they can only deal with the content you allow. Tbh that just sounds like a d**k move. It's like saying how a person would really like archery if they took it up, but also give them no chance to try archery. If they want to try fighting them, then let them do it. If this game is truly a sandbox, why must you remove the toys for them? I would understand if this was a mutual agreement, but this just sounds like you are restricting what they can do. If they want to have their asses beat into next tomorrow by Dragonfly, let them. It doesn't matter what skill level they are, they should do what they want to do.It's clear to me that you have not actually considered how all these things work in the grander scheme of things and are only focused on making your experience better. While not certain, your goal of trying to include all potential players around the world would actually kill the game if they took your ideas to heart. Just adding or subtracting health doesn't make a fight any easier or harder unless they were speciacally based around that like Crab King or Misery Toadstool. While the amount of hate you get could be a little overboard, you should also consider what it would mean to the entire community and game before you make such radical hot takes.

Spoiler

I Wouldn’t consider other video games as reference point as being Off-Topic, SOME people might get all muffed up about it but I as an Actual GAMER. And not someone casually interested in games, A forum moderator or someone who designs games for a living but doesn’t actually play the games I develop (yes some developers do that) Anyway I personally Rely upon those references as the absolute most and easily relatable examples MORE THEN ANYTHING... 

The reason why people get mad when you add references to your arguments is because they have be exhausted by you alone. I understand making comparisons to other games, but it shouldn't be the same ones over and over again. Your examples may prove your point, but the amount that you have used the exact same reasons for the exact same arguments makes it annoying rather then informative. Just use different examples of other games or different parts of the games you love to talk about.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

As a wise man once said; "Git gud."

6 minutes ago, stranger again said:

but do you agree with the idea that they should add a  option to lower the bosses health for solo players?

i dont see the need since warly arrive

also the bosses are difficult in terms of dealing with mechanics (bees, lavaes, etc) that were prepare for multiple players than having huge hp

if they added it should have different drops

btw i killed beequeen with volt goat jelly to see how stupid it is with woodie and was a joke of fight and more taking in count the loot

So lemme get this straight- in a game based on having options to custom tailor things to your personal liking so your play time is as easy or as hard as you personal feel you want it to be at that time... people still complain about something that should be completely OPTIONAL and not effect your personal worlds at all should it choose to be added to the game for people like Myself & the OP of this post because Unlike you: We do not actually want that added difficulty of handicapping ourselves in choosing to play alone?

I play alone because in general I don’t get along with very many people, I don’t TRUST Random strangers & the friends I do play with we have to customize our worlds to be significantly easier or harder on a player per player base of WHO I am playing with at the time (Who as in the person playing with me and not their in game character choice just to completely clear up that confusion) 

If my assumptions are correct that you do not want this feature or want the drops to NOT provide the resource drops that keep players alive easier then my NEXT Assumption is that you are terrified that if Klei added easier choices that everyone would just put the bosses on Easy Mode & reap all the rewards.

As much as I hate mentioning mods- How the Heck is having a world Gen option for it ANY DIFFERENT from applying a Mod for it?

God I Swear some people are just, Ugh hard headed and refuse to listen to voices of reason- It doesn’t matter WHY Myself and the OP want it.. we just Want it-

You ain’t gotta try to debunk our reasoning for wanting it like our personal play preferences would be insulting to your skills.

We GET IT OKAY?? Have a cookie.. but don’t try to FORCE your personal difficulty upon everyone else who in all honesty? May not even want it.

You can TURN OFF hound Waves, you can TURN OFF winter freezing and Summer Overheating- You can do those things because those features aren’t everyone’s form of Entertainment- Understand & respect that.

Thank You and this is my final comment on this topic.

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

God I Swear some people are just, Ugh hard headed and refuse to listen to voices of reason- It doesn’t matter WHY Myself and the OP want it.. we just Want it-

You seem to do the same thing, ironically. 

We GET IT OKAY?? Have a cookie.. but don’t try to FORCE your personal difficulty upon everyone else who in all honesty? May not even want it.

I will quote something I once heard "Don't eat the crap cookies.".

Again, you do the same thing you're telling people not to do, Forcing your playstyle and opinions on others. If you're so intent upon "Discussing" everything OTHER than helping the OP's original idea and something managing to turn the topic so you're in the spotlight then why were you here in the first place?

If my assumptions are correct that you do not want this feature or want the drops to NOT provide the resource drops that keep players alive easier then my NEXT Assumption is that you are terrified that if Klei added easier choices that everyone would just put the bosses on Easy Mode & reap all the rewards.

"No risks, no rewards."

I'm pretty sure not everyone will do that, thinking you're "Voice of reason." ain't gonna cut it. If people don't like the boss sliders then they'll probably make their own world without any changes to the bosses. We're not terrified, most of us just like it the way it is now. 

You're an all hat no cattle person (in terms of your posts), Mike. I'll give ya that much.

Edit: Sean, it's a game. Dunno why ya gotta make such a mountain out of a molehill out of it. But it may just be part of you  when it comes to these Forums.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Thank You and this is my final comment on this topic.

hooray this thread will easily die now that you won't comment anymore(not trying to say anything negative about you but a lot of people disagree with your opinions so threads like this go on for a pretty long time just because people want to voice their opinion on why they disagree with you)

i personally wanted this thread to die down on page 2 or page 1 because its just people arguing/disagreeing with mike. can you disagree?(well its not all people arguing/disagreeing with mike some tried to help mike so its not all people arguing/disagreeing with mike)

imma head to bed so i hope you all have a chill day or night wherever you are in the world 

alright bye

5 hours ago, kuroite said:

If you really dont want elaborate setup for Dragonfly, you can try this

Wow, that's a really incredible strategy, Helicalpuma is a great DST player, they make top notch content.

I also a know certain mod that increases difficulty this strategy would work really well in, thanks for sharing!

@Astra100L

I was wondering if you received any information from this thread that will help you defeat DFly. The thread itself went screaming downhill at around the 4th post when it was totally derailed.

Contrary to what an extremely vocal minority (and what seems to be his Forum Alt) would have you believe, a boss health slider is not needed for you to be successful solo in DST.

Yes there is some setup to be done.

For DFly, anyone telling you that hours of prep work is required to be successful is simply wrong, and may need to do some research of their own to put themselves in a better position to be successful.

For BeeQueen, if you choose construction over combat, the set-up time is not instant. There are YouTube guides for both construction and combat methods for BeeQueen.

OP, your wagon was forcefully and immediately hitched to a handful of people who may not be in a position to give advice, and no advice actually came from this group. If you legitimately feel you need boss sliders to take out the big bads, that is certainly your position to take.

However, a bulk of the community can and will give you the advice you need to handle the big bads within the framework of the game as it stands right now.

The best part is there is only 1 setup, after which the bosses can be farmed at your leisure.

On a separate note, I'm obviously of the opinion of no sliders for boss health. There is no need. As I said in a previous thread recently, DST is not a new game, the teething time is over. As a multiplayer game, the bosses are where they need to be. If you want to play solo, no problem. Use the methods provided to succeed (I'll go ahead and point out i'm on PS4, no mods). Do what you want in your world, play how you want, by all means. But do the devs need to be distracted in the middle of a years long, multi-stage update to make a multiplayer game easier for solo players when a single player version of the game exists? Nope, sorry.

And if they were to introduce sliders, then yeah, no loot for you. Use the weaker boss to brush up on your skills. When you are ready, fight the boss on normal or above to receive that sweet, sweet loot.

Do I need to eat jerky? Well I prefer green caps, but no. I'd say give my share of jerky to the people unwilling to provide OP with any useful information so OP can accomplish a goal that is really not that difficult.

52 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

Contrary to what an extremely vocal minority (and what seems to be his Forum Alt) would have you believe, a boss health slider is not needed for you to be successful solo in DST.

I really hope you're talking about me. Me and Mike have been on opposite sides of discussions before if you care to check our post histories. I just think what he and OP are asking for is a very reasonable request and everyone else, you included, have failed to provide a reason why an additional slider would be a bad idea beyond "we like everything how it is now."  Telling him to "git gud" is pathetic and completely disregards what he's actually saying. From the sounds of it he's a very competent player that plays with some pretty extreme world gen settings specifically to make the game more unpredictable and one of his reasons for wanting the boss sliders is so he can play the game in a more fast and loose style where worlds are challenging and have a very short lifespan (which is actually how DS was originally conceived to be, the world was supposed to kill you eventually). All he wants is the option to make the bosses feasible under those conditions, at no cost to any other player. There are plenty of sliders that make the game much, much easier already, one for boss HP is perfectly fitting and if it was already in the game none of you would be making threads calling for its removal.

EDIT: And actually just to add, assuming that anyone agreeing with the boss slider idea must be bad at the game because otherwise how could they possibly want that is so unbelievable close-minded. I would probably never even touch that slider if it were added, but I appreciate what it could mean to other people to have that option.

54 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

i just have this feeling that you're talking about me being that forum alt?but nah that can't be true anyone could notice that im completely different to mike like does mike know arabic?i didn't think so. so as a question who is  his forum alt?cus it certainly ain't me and it i highly doubt its D7X 

so @Dunk Mujunk who do you think the mike's forum alt is?(does he even have one?)

1 hour ago, D7X said:

I really hope you're talking about me. 

Why?

1 hour ago, D7X said:

Me and Mike have been on opposite sides of discussions before

Congratulations.

45 minutes ago, stranger again said:

i just have this feeling that you're talking about me being that forum alt

Yes actually. Don't tell @D7X though, I get the feeling they may be disappointed.

You both may need to re-read some bits-

1 hour ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

@Astra100L

(and what seems to be his Forum Alt) 

I won't highlight the key words here as I would imagine you both are intelligent enough to figure it out.

but nah that can't be true anyone could notice that im completely different to mike like does mike know arabic?

If you are trying to prove you aren't Mike you are doing a terrible job. This statement here actually makes me think there is a chance you are Mike lol.

Does Mike know arabic? Do you know arabic? Do you think I'd be able to fact check either of these questions?

i didn't think so. 

You never even gave me a chance to answer the question.

so as a question who is  his forum alt?cus it certainly ain't me and it i highly doubt its D7X 

so @Dunk Mujunk who do you think the mike's forum alt is?(does he even have one?)

You asked me the same question 2 times in a row. 

You sure put together posts like Mike. Does Mike have a forum Alt? Who knows. Does Mike speak arabic? Who knows (apparently you do).

Anyway, I'm gonna go back to dealing with the other guy.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

I just think what he and OP are asking for is a very reasonable request 

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

and everyone else, you included, have failed to provide a reason why an additional slider would be a bad idea beyond "we like everything how it is now."  

You may want to re-read some things. If you are hoping to be confused with a Mike forum Alt you are on the right track.

1 hour ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

@Astra100L 

Do what you want in your world, play how you want, by all means. But do the devs need to be distracted in the middle of a years long, multi-stage update to make a multiplayer game easier for solo players when a single player version of the game exists? Nope, sorry.

Zing.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

Telling him to "git gud" is pathetic and completely disregards what he's actually saying. 

I'm getting tired of saying it, but go back an re-read. I'll wait for you to quote me where I've ever told anyone to "git gud".

Just let me know when you find it.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

From the sounds of it he's a very competent player 

Subjective, and it is here that I would recommend you go and

1 hour ago, D7X said:

check our post histories. 

1 hour ago, D7X said:

that plays with some pretty extreme world gen settings specifically to make the game more unpredictable 

That he does. It's a tale told every day or so for the past year-ish.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

All he wants is the option to make the bosses feasible under those conditions, at no cost to any other player. There are plenty of sliders that make the game much, much easier already, one for boss HP is perfectly fitting and if it was already in the game none of you would be making threads calling for its removal.

The cost to other players would be the delay in other content, the content most are waiting for, as the devs shift resources to address an issue that can be currently addressed in game with the smallest of efforts. 

And no, if the boss slider was already in the game I wouldn't bat an eye.

But it's not. The devs saw fit to add all those sliders, but no boss slider. It's been that way for a long time. They balanced the game as they saw fit, and most have had no issues. Having issues doesn't make anyone a bad player, we all had issues starting out. But you learn and overcome.

Not even bothering to attempt to learn the mechanics and bleating like a stuck goat day after day doesn't even make someone a bad player, it just makes them obnoxious.

1 hour ago, D7X said:

EDIT: And actually just to add, assuming that anyone agreeing with the boss slider idea must be bad at the game because otherwise how could they possibly want that is so unbelievable close-minded. I would probably never even touch that slider if it were added, but I appreciate what it could mean to other people to have that option.

Again, show me where I said anyone asking for sliders is a bad player. I'm actively attempting to assist the OP, and if you could care less about sliders if they were added then you should be doing the same, attempting to assist a player in need.

Instead you choose to spend your energies derailing threads and participating in general discourse.

Anyway, I enjoyed the conversation. If you guys need anything else let me know.

Tips for the OP would be helpful as well.

Edit: Sorry OP, my phone won't let me remove the pings from my quoted posts

*Insert meme of person tripping themselves over by jamming a pole in the front wheel of their own bike they are riding then blaming someone else*

No but seriously, Healthbars are one thing (even if I am personally against them - the lack of a healthbar seems to be a very specific choice so that you don't know how much of the fight is left - if you know what point you are at with the fight you can tell if you are going to be successful or not and what resources to use etc, not knowing when they will go down seems like a big part of the DST boss fights) but wanting the game to be completely changed and for Raid bosses to be scalable or able to be made much weaker is honestly a little bit ridiculous. I keep seeing stuff like Dark Souls being thrown around, is this for real??? Yeah its somewhat unforgiving and when you are new it is tough but as soon as you have some experience with Don't Starve Together it is nowhere near the level of difficulty of games as Dark Souls, I wanna be the guy, bullet hell games etc. Anyone that genuinely thinks this is the case isn't getting the core of DST and what it is about. Go play Lethal + difficulty on GoT in new game plus if you want to actually play something that is genuinely challenging. Once you have preferred ways to set up food/resource farms/keep your hunger and health topped up the difficulty drops massively in DST. Mike do you feel the same about every game you play? Once you get up to a part that is too challenging to steam roll straight away do you immediately think the game should be changed rather than trying to find a guide or realizing you need to improve on your gameplay or strategy in whatever way?

Dfly isn't that tough and the big wall setup is THE way to go about it that the vast majority of players employ, you only have to build the wall once ever and then you're set up for every single fight with Dfly and it makes the fight  MUCH EASIER - don't mock someone for trying to help you going on about Great wall this, waste of time that - it is THE tried and tested way to fight Dragonfly that everyone uses, actually listen to people who know what they are talking about as they are genuinely trying to help you. Using Frog Rain against Raid bosses is a waste of time, risky and just not something you should be trying to do, the frogs could turn on you, other things could go wrong, there is no need to use them. So many people are offering advice or ways to kill her but you seem to just shrug every single one of them off with "yeah but that's not how I WANT to kill her". Killing Dfly is meant to be at least a bit of a challenge and something you need to practice/over prepare for until you know what you're doing then it becomes a walk in the park. It isn't however some complete pushover of an enemy that you can just kill however you want without any fear of failure on your first attempt. You're even already using Wigfrid which makes the battle MUCH easier and you can legit just tank the whole fight using barely any strategies with enough healing and marble armor. If you just made a wall, overprepared with healing and armor you would have beaten her twice already.

Klei didn't build this game just for you and honestly after reading so many of your posts this seems to be the big overarching issues you constantly have; that Klei didn't tailor this game specifically to suit your skill level, requirements and desires. You complain about literally everything you can and any single feature that DST doesn't have that you want it to have. You constantly complain about Console players having it rough (I'm on ps4 and love my version of the game, wouldn't change it or gain access to the console for anything - it feels pure - I can't just create or fix things with the console and have to do everything by the book) and asking for PC mods to be made part of the base game (which completely changes and could potentially ruin so many other players experience with the game but why would you care about this?) but refuse to even entertain the idea of getting the game on a PC to avoid all the console issues you have. It isn't some high end game either you could run it on most computers and its all through steam which is super easy to navigate and use.

I used to appreciate your view on occasion but its just relentless and you never let up or listen to anyone or concede that you may just be a little bit wrong or could at least try out or experiment with a new tactic presented to you to make your experience better, nope you just want the game to be tailored specifically for you and your every desire. Honestly you should swap to PC, learn how to make mods and just make the game exactly the way you want it to be because it doesn't seem like you will ever be happy with the console version of the game, the current state of raid bosses and many other various features in the game. It gets really old and frustrating seeing the exact same complaints posted over and over on every single thread on these forums regardless of how off topic it may be. Stop derailing every single thread with the same complaints.

Edit: Wrote Sliders instead of Healthbars but every seemed to understand me originally I hope?

I said wasn’t going to comment on this topic anymore but I just want to point out that somewhere along the way you ALL Went off-topic in trying to provide strategies and tips for how you fight bosses when if you go back and re-read the original topic- The OP is clearly not asking for your input on how to deal with bosses.

Please consider this and get back on topic, thank you & have a great day.

I didn't say you told him to "git gud" that was directed at those that did, probably could have done with a new paragraph there or quoting someone but I'm really not that invested so I was being lazy. Gotta give people something to strawman against after all otherwise there would be no posts.

2 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

OP, your wagon was forcefully and immediately hitched to a handful of people who may not be in a position to give advice, and no advice actually came from this group. If you legitimately feel you need boss sliders to take out the big bads, that is certainly your position to take.

This is where you said we may be bad at the game. Also I did give advice same as everyone else before I realised the request was simply for an optional slider and not a general nerfing of bosses.

25 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

The cost to other players would be the delay in other content, the content most are waiting for, as the devs shift resources to address an issue that can be currently addressed in game with the smallest of efforts. 

It would mostly be a copy & paste job and would only have to apply a multiplier to boss health depending on the option picked, even if it took an hour I think you can suffer that delay without noticing.

2 hours ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

@Astra100L

I was wondering if you received any information from this thread that will help you defeat DFly. The thread itself went screaming downhill at around the 4th post when it was totally derailed.

I've highlighted the key words here that show you addressing and asking questions of @Astra100L (the OP). Are you now trying to claim you were also accusing them of having an alt at the same time? That would be strange since you're so adamantly trying to help them with your condescending advice.

You guys want SLIDERS? Here you go then!

Spoiler

SLIDERS.thumb.jpg.32b26ed48cf48d777192b52b6863093a.jpg

21 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

[snip]

Well said, but unfortunately, absolutely nothing will change Mike's opinion constant complaining.

Also, I'm actually sick of anything Mike says on these forums.

Also, I'm sure this thread will just be locked soon.

3 hours ago, stranger again said:

hooray this thread will easily die now that you won't comment anymore(not trying to say anything negative about you but a lot of people disagree with your opinions so threads like this go on for a pretty long time just because people want to voice their opinion on why they disagree with you)

i personally wanted this thread to die down on page 2 or page 1 because its just people arguing/disagreeing with mike. can you disagree?(well its not all people arguing/disagreeing with mike some tried to help mike so its not all people arguing/disagreeing with mike)

imma head to bed so i hope you all have a chill day or night wherever you are in the world and i would like to let you know that you are loved by someone in the world somewhere if no one loves you and if you don't love yourself just know that there will always be someone who loves and that someone is god even if you aren't religious god still loves you:)

alright bye

Inappropriate, this is actually offensive and somewhat demeaning to tell people "God" loves them if they aren't religious. Lets keep religion well out of these forums as it has no place here.

Yes lets lock it because people are having differing opinions, nothing good ever comes out of calmly and effectively discussing the options. Everyone should agree or shut up. Lets just delete the forums actually.

Archived