Solo Players Support

*sigh*

There still seems to be this mentality of “Build Walls, (which I have) Watch videos (which I have) and Get Good.”

And for people to keep saying that isn’t helpful one bit in making this content more easily accessible to players who May or May not be significantly less skilled than you.

Basically what your saying is “learn to fight a multiplayer focused boss by hook or by crook” instead of simply agreeing that this is content that is already in the game.. and content that could be more accessible and more enjoyable to a wider audience if only Klei would tweak it just a “tiny” little bit.

Now see here’s the thing: When people were on these forums crying about how Wavey Jones was released and was absolutely too ruthless- People were taking sides of if it should stay punishing or become much less punishing, and if you can recall those posts- I was on the side of keeping Wavey punishing.  But Klei decided to make him Less Punishing.

Now- Literally how is me asking for an easier to fight version of Dragonfly any different from that at all?? All it took those people was a few plucked flowers, maybe a top hat or a Sisturn full of flower petals to avoid Wavey- Yet Klei STILL Made it Easier.

Now here we are talking about raid bosses and me very specifically saying I DON’T want to have to build 100+ Walls to fence off every Lava Pit, I DON’T want to have to craft 18+ suits of Marble Armors, and then spend a very long time hitting something that would be dead in significantly less time with no extra set up time should I just choose to gather other players to assist me.

Here I am trying to provide a few valid on-topic ways this fight could be made more accessible to players of all skill levels, yet people make fun of my lack of knowledge of every little feature about the game.

If Klei could make Wavey Jones less ruthless I am 100% sure that if they wanted to, they could give fights like this one a second look into as to how they can be improved/changed or mildly modified for the betterment of All Players, of All Ages of All skill levels to get the utmost enjoyment out of the game they bought to play & enjoy.

And most certainly NOT be criticized over their lack of knowledge.

Thank You to all who actually took the time to read & consider this rather then skipping over it, I hope you all are staying safe & healthy and that everyone has a great rest of their Weekend, Peace Out.. I’ve got things I need to be doing.

-Mike

27 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now here we are talking about raid bosses and me very specifically saying I DON’T want to have to build 100+ Walls to fence off every Lava Pit, I DON’T want to have to craft 18+ suits of Marble Armors, and then spend a very long time hitting something that would be dead in significantly less time with no extra set up time should I just choose to gather other players to assist me.

i just use 20 walls, 1 hambat (which i have been using since i see in the fighting tab before RoG, no need of guides to realize that is better than a spear and a spike), arround 200 healing and 2 crowns and suits and im not good at videogames

where is that grindy boss that gives you one of the best loots from the game?

any different from that at all??

wavey could destroy a boat (with all his structures (including structures from "so difficult and grindy" bosses) in seconds even when you were far away from the boat.

meanwhile, dragonfly is just a 15min fight (nothing crazy for a boss and less with that loot) that, if something goes wrong, you can leave the fight

this post has(sadly) just become a debate with mike post so im just gonna leave the ideas(they not really my ideas)and head out 

1.a slider to change the amount of health bosses have.

2.change the amount of health a boss has based off the amount of players fighting said boss

3.change certain aspects of a fight based off the amount of players that will fight the boss

those are the ideas.disagree or agree with them all you want 

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

wavey could destroy a boat (with all his structures (including structures from "so difficult and grindy" bosses)

are you trying to say that malbatross is a difficult and grindy boss? because if so i disagree

Thank You to all who actually took the time to read & consider this rather then skipping over it, I hope you all are staying safe & healthy and that everyone has a great rest of their Weekend, Peace Out.. I’ve got things I need to be doing.

i should trade mark my saying so if anyone says anything remotely similar ill sue them for all their dst skins:lol:

anyways hope you all have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the world

bye

3 minutes ago, stranger again said:

are you trying to say that malbatross is a difficult and grindy boss? because if so i disagree

i didnt said that. I didnt think any boss is grindy (maybe the toads brothers) but im refering to spocaps and scaled chests on the boat (im not sure if the ingredients sunk) and the potential bone helmet and armor, beequeens hats, bundle wraps, fishes (some of them are difficult to find) and for him being those bosses so grindy i dont get why he wants a grindy wavey jones that destroys your expensive boat often

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i didnt said that. I didnt think any boss is grindy (maybe the toads brothers) but im refering to spocaps and scaled chests on the boat (im not sure if the ingredients sunk) and the potential bone helmet and armor, beequeens hats, bundle wraps, fishes (some of them are difficult to find) and for him being those bosses so grindy i dont get why he wants a grindy wavey jones that destroys your expensive boat often

oh im extremely sorry. i thought you meant that malbatross was a grindy boss 

but i kinda do like the old version of wavey jones. in my opinion the old wavey jones gave you a reason to stay sane on boat because terrorclaws really arent that bad 

i would give other reasons but im 80%this reply is considered off topic 

so i hope you have a wonderful day or night wherever you are in the worldTM(it really isnt trademarked you can say whatever you wanna say)

Sure, let's reduce the health of all bosses to 1000 to make the game easily accessible! Now the game will become fun and new players are gonna have a good time, because there will be absolutely no way they can lose! Let's remove all the challenge, surely players are not supposed to learn, they're not supposed to become better, they're not supposed to come up with strategies to tackle the challenges the game throws at them, the game is supposed to become easier, right! 

Seriously, stop with this "making the game easily accessible" nonsense. That's not what this game was ever advertised as. This game isn't even balanced around there being only one player, yet everything is still possible alone. Fight is too hard for you? Keep trying, try to overcome that challenge, try to come out on top and be rewarded for your efforts (that's what games are about) instead of non-stop complaining about how the game should become "more accessible" just because "less skilled people" "can't do it". Anyone can do it with enough perseverance! You don't have to rush it, you have all the time in the world to beat Dragonfly. Any player can defeat a boss like that!...

...Except you, apparently, because you choose not to. You don't want to beat Dragonfly using a well-established, the most common and a reliable strategy. You just want to complain. And we, in turn, complain about your complaining.

Even IF those sliders you so desire make it into the game (which I highly doubt they will), I'm positive most new players won't even touch them. I don't think new players actively change their world settings either. World settings aren't mentioned on the store page (at least on Steam) as something you can do.

And about that Wavey Jones example, it's a bad example, because not only was Wavey a recent addition to the game at that time, he also wasn't even fair (unplugging the patches at a really high sanity threshold and sinking your boat even when you are away from it, come on), meanwhile Dragonfly has been in the game for so long, it's practically a core part of it. You can't just change the fight entirely when it's been established that way for such a long time.

Did I waste time writing this? Absolutely. Because nothing can change your stubbornness. No matter how much people try to encourage you, you will still demand the game to become "accessible to wider audience" instead of having that audience actually play the game to learn and improve.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:36 AM, SonicDen220 said:

feel like had this thread been in Suggestions and Feedback, this entire debate wouldn't happen, because it would've been seen merely as a suggestion and nothing else, if that makes sense. People would've most likely reacted to it without bringing up existing game features that already solve that problem (plus less people visit SaF anyway).

@ImDaMisterL... Should this go to Suggestions and Feedback?

6 minutes ago, ZeeDragon said:

Yes, Totally a "veteran" and not a cactus spine in ones ankle.

thats a bit rude don't you think?don't get me wrong you can disagree with mike all you want but to (semi)insult them is a bit rude.

Just now, ZeeDragon said:

It is, but I'm pretty sure about half of the people here have even worse things to say. I was just scratching the surface.

yeah but you should refrain from insulting someone even if you don't like them  

12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

w h a t
Are you that laggy or bad at the game?

This doesn’t contribute to the actual topic of this thread whatsoever.. why are some of you people just so darn mean? 

I get it: You think Klei taking maybe 3-4 days to rework something will take away from the brand new content that your wanting.. But to throw everything I say under a bus including the excellent Wavey example, is just singling me out and picking on Me at this point. (And I’m pretty sure it was against forum guidelines to target any other forum members directly anyway) 

but yet I’M The one getting all the warnings from devs and Admins because my posts annoy/disrupt the forums.

Again: The OP isn’t asking for your tried and true methods of how you do things, the op isn’t asking for any of your Advice on how to do things, the OP is quite simply asking for features to be added, modified or mildly changed that makes this content more enjoyable for them.

What can possibly be so hard to understand about that? IF this thread was about wanting advice and tutorials then you would all rightfully be on topic, but it’s not and it Never was.

Currently: I’ve done as you all said and Walled off the stupid fire pits, Which is NOT fun.. it’s just tedious and unnecessary: 

Unnecessary BECAUSE Klei could probably very easily make the pits turn to black Hardened Magma inaccessible to Dragonfly (literally the exact same way ponds become hardened Ice during Winter..) So the Player does not HAVE to build 100+ walls to wall off Lava Pits because the game now registers how many players are actually involved in the fight & if more players join when a player is fighting her the hardened pools will burst open.

Its taking something that is tedious,125% unfun and requires tons of preparation if attempting it Solo, Simplifying that & making it more easily accessible based entirely upon how many players are within range of the active battle.

Please Stay on topic- stop providing advices when OP wasn’t asking for advices, and instead come with some really clever ways Klei could make this content less preparation and setup when lower numbers of players are attempting to fight it.

Thank You <3

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:
Spoiler

This doesn’t contribute to the actual topic of this thread whatsoever.. why are some of you people just so darn mean? 

I get it: You think Klei taking maybe 3-4 days to rework something will take away from the brand new content that your wanting.. But to throw everything I say under a bus including the excellent Wavey example, is just singling me out and picking on Me at this point. (And I’m pretty sure it was against forum guidelines to target any other forum members directly anyway) 

but yet I’M The one getting all the warnings from devs and Admins because my posts annoy/disrupt the forums.

Again: The OP isn’t asking for your tried and true methods of how you do things, the op isn’t asking for any of your Advice on how to do things, the OP is quite simply asking for features to be added, modified or mildly changed that makes this content more enjoyable for them.

What can possibly be so hard to understand about that? IF this thread was about wanting advice and tutorials then you would all rightfully be on topic, but it’s not and it Never was.

Currently: I’ve done as you all said and Walled off the stupid fire pits, Which is NOT fun.. it’s just tedious and unnecessary: 

Unnecessary BECAUSE Klei could probably very easily make the pits turn to black Hardened Magma inaccessible to Dragonfly (literally the exact same way ponds become hardened Ice during Winter..) So the Player does not HAVE to build 100+ walls to wall off Lava Pits because the game now registers how many players are actually involved in the fight & if more players join when a player is fighting her the hardened pools will burst open.

Its taking something that is tedious,125% unfun and requires tons of preparation if attempting it Solo, Simplifying that & making it more easily accessible based entirely upon how many players are within range of the active battle.

Please Stay on topic- stop providing advices when OP wasn’t asking for advices, and instead come with some really clever ways Klei could make this content less preparation and setup when lower numbers of players are attempting to fight it.

Thank You <3

you clearly don't know the strategy.
ahem. Let there be Wall!

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That's because they do.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That's the thing; you don't get it and are making the wrong assumptions AND not letting it go. Choosing instead to keep this thing going. Not to include the whole thing where you don't like other people's opinions and therefore feel the need to shove them into some cacti and a gunfight.

@JoeW SOS.

Archived