Solo Players Support

Hello Guys, this is a little coment about my solo experience in Dst, and about some imbalances within the game. (Sorry for any misspellings, i'am Brazilian :p)

Well, since my battle against Bee Queen and others more powerful bosses, i have noticed that is kinda Impossible some player kill those bosses only playing alone without spending the most of his resources. From that, i just used mods to balance the game.

What i really mean is: please Klei balance the life of the bosses, something like the number of the players in the server or just a option to ajust it as the player wants. 

I know this can be kind of useless for some people, but years have passed and it did not change, a mandatory thing to me.

Well, Thank you for reading my topic :D

I think most people kill Bee Queen by building 30 bunny houses around her so all you really need are some hammers and a lantern. A really good player was able to solo her as Wolfgang as well. If you are already using mods then there should be no issue. Mods exist to let you play the game how you like it so there is no need for Klei to step in and make it easier.

Though to consider the other end, Klei can add health sliders for the bosses in the options menu and that lets players have tougher bosses as well as weaker ones.

I’m actually trying to Solo Dragonfly right now and good god this isn’t fun at all.. I’m using Massive Frog Rain, a Pan Flute, Marble Armor, 3 Battle Helms, 2 Battle Spears, a Tentacle Spike, 2 Recruited Pigmens with Battle Helms on their heads- and I still fail miserably.

It makes me angry because I could have this fight over and done with fast with a few extra players just pressing the attack button.. Why can’t DST scale boss health and boss damage based on the amount of players playing?

From what I can tell: This would be a fun new experience for me (the exploding Larvae are something I wish existed everywhere as a common mob in Summer) But the actual FIGHT is just a pure drag... I don’t like it, I can’t beat it... and I don’t want to pretend I’m playing Dark Souls boss fights while playing DST.

People laugh at me for wanting these bosses easier for solo play- but understand this much those of you who criticize I don’t plan to build some Elaborate setup & cheesy tactic to kill this boss, There are OPTIONS to turn this boss completely OFF so it doesn’t spawn but there are not any options to make it more accessible for Solo players to enjoy.

Its rather Dumb: Without gathering a group of players to go fight it..

I can either A: Build some huge unnecessary setup, B: Turn off the boss completely or C: Ignore that content exists & miss out on enjoying it.

So TL:DR- I agree with the OP, I would actually like to be able to beat this dang Dragonfly for once.. :wilson_cry::wickerbottomthanks:

16 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’m actually trying to Solo Dragonfly right now and good god this isn’t fun at all.. I’m using Massive Frog Rain, a Pan Flute, Marble Armor, 3 Battle Helms, 2 Battle Spears, a Tentacle Spike, 2 Recruited Pigmens with Battle Helms on their heads- and I still fail miserably.

It makes me angry because I could have this fight over and done with fast with a few extra players just pressing the attack button.. Why can’t DST scale boss health and boss damage based on the amount of players playing?

From what I can tell: This would be a fun new experience for me (the exploding Larvae are something I wish existed everywhere as a common mob in Summer) But the actual FIGHT is just a pure drag... I don’t like it, I can’t beat it... and I don’t want to pretend I’m playing Dark Souls boss fights while playing DST.

People laugh at me for wanting these bosses easier for solo play- but understand this much those of you who criticize I don’t plan to build some Elaborate setup & cheesy tactic to kill this boss, There are OPTIONS to turn this boss completely OFF so it doesn’t spawn but there are not any options to make it more accessible for Solo players to enjoy.

Its rather Dumb: Without gathering a group of players to go fight it..

I can either A: Build some huge unnecessary setup, B: Turn off the boss completely or C: Ignore that content exists & miss out on enjoying it.

So TL:DR- I agree with the OP, I would actually like to be able to beat this dang Dragonfly for once.. :wilson_cry::wickerbottomthanks:

I mean, there are numerous guides for how to solo dragonfly. Most people usually rush dragonfly day 6 due to how easy it is to rush.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwVqrkkoIU

24 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

I mean, there are numerous guides for how to solo dragonfly. Most people usually rush dragonfly day 6 due to how easy it is to rush.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7VwVqrkkoIU

I would just like to stop ya right there and point out that it is STILL something very few people playing on Xbox using a Controller have been able to accomplish.

6F7E9E66-E897-41DC-A9F9-A9154848C235.thumb.jpeg.7da5bf597ddf02d3479008f99b1d0507.jpeg

This crap is bloody hard... Dark Souls annoying high health near impossible to kill levels of hard.

I can complain as much as I like and my complaints will obviously fall upon deaf ears because no one knows if I’m lying or just over exaggerating as I usually do.

But STATISTICS can’t lie.. this is hard- Annoyingly hard..  and it needs fixing.
(A health slider that adjusts itself based on the amount of players playing would be absolutely lovely.)

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I would just like to stop ya right there and point out that it is STILL something very few people playing on Xbox using a Controller have been able to accomplish.

6F7E9E66-E897-41DC-A9F9-A9154848C235.thumb.jpeg.7da5bf597ddf02d3479008f99b1d0507.jpeg

This crap is bloody hard... Dark Souls annoying high health near impossible to kill levels of hard.

I can complain as much as I like and my complaints will obviously fall upon deaf ears because no one knows if I’m lying or just over exaggerating as I usually do.

But STATISTICS can’t lie.. this is hard- Annoyingly hard..  and it needs fixing.
(A health slider that adjusts itself based on the amount of players playing would be absolutely lovely.)

I can only guess that the 6 hit kite strategy commonly done on PC isn't so doable with a controller?

3 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I can only guess that the 6 hit kite strategy commonly done on PC isn't so doable with a controller?

When I used to play on PS4, I honestly didn’t have issues with it. It took a bit of time to get used to since you need to face DFly to keep attacking, but overall it wasn’t too bad.

I just think the issue is that compared to the normal bosses, these are far more difficult to take down. You can definitely do it if you have the prep and time, but it will take a bit of effort.

14 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

I dont see why, is just pressing atack button and a direction when the 6th hits

1 hour ago, 1bubbainpa said:

It makes me angry because I could have this fight over and done with fast with a few extra players

And then you will need to share the loot and, maybe, wait ingame years to have a recipe or a equipement

For that 1 player works harder to fight a boss that 4

3 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Achievement stats give terrible information. There's an achievement for making a science machine and an alchemy engine and I don't remember what % of players got those but it's something stupid like 40% or 70%. It's not 100%, that's for sure.

In Warframe the most common achievement is something that'll probably be earned in your first mission, and only 63% of players have it. In Team Fortress the most common achievement is walking around for awhile and only 54% of players have it. In Mordhau the most common achievement is completing the tutorial and only 80% of players have it. In Dead by Daylight the most common achievement is maxing out a scoring category (which is rather easy) and only 48% of players have it. In Deep Rock Galactic the most common achievement is playing one mission and only 75% of players have it.

In all of those games only 50-80% of players have the "Played the game!" achievement, so it's no surprise that even if the acheivement is being tracked properly a relatively difficult one like that isn't accomplished very much. Even the barely ever achieved achievements are easy to get. Only 2% of Warframe players killed 100 animals in the Plains. Only 6% of DRG players have actually completed a mission on hard difficulty. Only 0.7% of DBD players have played as Pyramid Head.

The percent of players who've accomplished an achievement means absolutely nothing. It's counting people who played the game for 2 minutes then never came back.

4 hours ago, Astra100L said:

What i really mean is: please Klei balance the life of the bosses, something like the number of the players in the server or just a option to ajust it as the player wants. 

I know this can be kind of useless for some people, but years have passed and it did not change, a mandatory thing to me.

It's Don't Starve Together, they have intentionally scaled the bosses' difficulty for multiple players. You can do them solo but it's not what they're balanced for. If you really don't want to play the coop game cooperatively and don't want to learn how to do them solo better there's plenty of mods on the workshop that do what you're asking.

I play generally solo and and console, so with no commands options. I can honestly say that all bosses can be done solo relatively easy in the early game, especially all the surface land bosses, all you need for them is some armor and healing food, and to know their patterns a little. 

And later on with late game gear you can easily farm those bosses and the fights shouldn't take too long.

4 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Played on both, not much of a difference, you just need a good connection.

It is 3am and I am STILL trying to kill this Dragonfly, What I’m using:

2 Marble Suit Armors, 3 Wooden Suit Armors, 3 Wigfrid Battle Helms, 2 Battle Spears, 1 Tentacle Spike, a 40% used up Pan Flute and a Massive Horde of Frog Rain.

And no matter what I bring to this fight I still get my a** stomped, You can’t say I didn’t try... because I’ve been doing this since before Raw came on at 7pm and it’s now 3am-

Cant you all just accept that certain parts of this game were never designed with the solo player in mind? If you can solo this damn boss GREAT I give you props, would you like a cookie or something? But at this point it’s just making me Beyond frustrated and I will turn her completely OFF for now.

Thats really sad to say because it is otherwise fun and entertaining content that I could be enjoying if it was even moderately designed with solo players in mind- and by that I mean simple QoL features like having smaller health pools that increase itself per player in the same way BORDERLANDS did in 2009 “So and So has joined your game the creatures of Pandora have grown stronger” “So and So has left your game the creatures of Pandora have grown Weaker”

Almost 12 years ago and DST can’t have that as a basic function? 
Another thing that would be nice is being able to see health bars for these bosses so I can tell when to avoid trying to tank damage and continue to wear it down till it’s weaker.

Why It’s not like me requesting these things to be easier is going to ruin YOUR experience hell for all I know the Difficulty slider could be extended BOTH ways- allowing you to adjust the health to be low or higher than default.

I get what I want, you get what you want we can all play and enjoy our game happily.

But what I can say for absolute FACT is I tried to fight this thing from 7pm to 3am and I failed miserably.. it shouldn’t be THAT difficult to fight alone. :( 

And that is in all honesty depressing for me to say- because it just means that it is content that I won’t get to experience & enjoy & will continue to just ignore exists.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this frustrated with a game in a long long time.. please Klei consider What OP suggests!

I would very much like to enjoy exciting boss mechanics without getting frustrated to the point I snatch my Xbox off my desk wires and all and hurl it through my closed window out into the street 

(I’m not going to actually do that but 7pm to 3am of failure is absolutely ridiculous.)

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

2 Marble Suit Armors, 3 Wooden Suit Armors, 3 Wigfrid Battle Helms, 2 Battle Spears, 1 Tentacle Spike, a 40% used up Pan Flute and a Massive Horde of Frog Rain.

And no matter what I bring to this fight I still get my a** stomped, You can’t say I didn’t try... because I’ve been doing this since before Raw came on at 7pm and it’s now 3am-

Cant you all just accept that certain parts of this game were never designed with the solo player in mind? If you can solo this damn boss GREAT I give you props, would you like a cookie or something? But at this point it’s just making me Beyond frustrated and I will turn her completely OFF for now.

Thats really sad to say because it is otherwise fun and entertaining content that I could be enjoying if it was even moderately designed with solo players in mind- and by that I mean simple QoL features like having smaller health pools that increase itself per player in the same way BORDERLANDS did in 2009 “So and So has joined your game the creatures of Pandora have grown stronger” “So and So has left your game the creatures of Pandora have grown Weaker”

Almost 12 years ago and DST can’t have that as a basic function? 
Another thing that would be nice is being able to see health bars for these bosses so I can tell when to avoid trying to tank damage and continue to wear it down till it’s weaker.

Why It’s not like me requesting these things to be easier is going to ruin YOUR experience hell for all I know the Difficulty slider could be extended BOTH ways- allowing you to adjust the health to be low or higher than default.

I get what I want, you get what you want we can all play and enjoy our game happily.

But what I can say for absolute FACT is I tried to fight this thing from 7pm to 3am and I failed miserably.. it shouldn’t be THAT difficult to fight alone. :( 

And that is in all honesty depressing for me to say- because it just means that it is content that I won’t get to experience & enjoy & will continue to just ignore exists.

I don’t think I’ve ever been this frustrated with a game in a long long time.. please Klei consider What OP suggests!

I would very much like to enjoy exciting boss mechanics without getting frustrated to the point I snatch my Xbox off my desk wires and all and hurl it through my closed window out into the street 

(I’m not going to actually do that but 7pm to 3am of failure is absolutely ridiculous.)

Did you even watch the video

15 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

You're definitely doing something wrong, idk what. The equipment you have should be enough to just hold F and use the panflute <4 times, i guess you had healing food too. Frog rain is not much help for dfly i'd say.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Playing as Wigfrid, not Wendy.. this won’t do me a bit of good. 

And that only makes it easier, just copy what happened in that vid. :)

That doesn’t help me at all.. your saying to build the Great Wall of China around the lava pools or something? What good would that do? I have no problem avoiding the larvae they move really slowly and the longer I avoid letting them explode, the longer Dragonfly stays in her calm state without enraging (and thus killing the entire frog rain a kite into her) This video is 100% of no help to me at all.

but thanks for trying to help.. the mod used in that video where you can see how much health is left on the boss would be great for console players to have.

10 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That doesn’t help me at all.. your saying to build the Great Wall of China around the lava pools or something? What good would that do?

Idk I tried

EDIT: I’ll try one more time. Ditch the frog rain. Build the wall in a way the video shows so that you don’t have to waste time worrying about larvae. Bring healing items/foods. Recall Abigail when she’s about to enrage. Rinse and repeat. If you run out of armor/healing supplies, bring a stronger weapon like a fresh hambat. If you die too quickly, bring more armor and healing supplies.

The wall serves not only as protection from the larvae, but also so you’re not wasting time avoiding them so you can spend more time beating up dfly.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That doesn’t help me at all.. your saying to build the Great Wall of China around the lava pools or something? What good would that do?

Obviously you're just pretending at this point. There are tons of videos, tutorials, information, step by step guides, i don't believe you can fail even with that, and just because you play a different character doesn't matter at all. You just cling onto how "hard it is" for your own "arguements" sake and that's all there is to it. Judging from how much you talk about consoles i figured you'd be a grandmaster of it, guessed wrong i suppose. You simply don't want to kill it and find a tid bit of info to accuse of "not being helpful" either for trolling purposes or whatever motive you have here.

No what I find unhelpful is elaborate setups that exploit the fights intended features, I am SUPPOSED to run for my life away from the larvae, otherwise why did Klei even put them in the game at all? I wouldn’t be shocked if they update it someday so the larvae either explode through or jump over these walls honestly.

and don’t say they won’t... the Run away till shadows despawn thing was in the game for YEARS and Klei finally patched that just here recently.

What I’m looking at is a game that’s highly subject to change, I don’t want strategies that work for now but might not once Klei decides it’s a bug that’s lasted for years they finally wanted to patch up.

I get it, you guys hate me for Whatever reason, and that’s fine.. 

My NEXT Strategy is to build 3 Marble Suits- Replace all the Battle Spears with Tentacle Spikes, get a boatload of gunpowder and a Panflute and THEN see if it’s still standing.

(I’ll let you know how that works out for me within the next few days if your curious to know.)

But As of right now- I still stand firmly with the OP’s original post that bosses are too hard when playing alone when they shouldn’t have to be... 

You either have to A: Build some elaborate setup, B: Ignore the bosses Existence on your Map, or C: turn them off prior to hosting a world.

There is no middle ground- no In Between option... and I don’t see why you guys gotta get all up in arms for people like myself and the OP Wanting an In-Between option.

DST is a game that can be as easy or as hard as you personally want it to be... My Worlds are set to random season start times and random season lengths- What this means for those who may not have been able to guess-

You have Deerclops and Bearger showing up ALOT MORE OFTEN as uninvited guests way moreso then their default settings.

Deerclops & Bearger are actually manageable to fight solo without large elaborate setups so I have no problem with them (until I simply grow bored of how often they show up)

Now factor in the following: I fought this dragonfly from 7pm till 3am while under going these random seasons & season lengths.. I failed to kill it- obviously.. but my point is:

1-Not everyone plays this game on its default settings..

and 2- Me and the Op of this thread would like more options that reflect upon that.

Thank You, it is now 4am and I am carrying my tired self to the nearest bed for Bearger style hibernation. <3

Every average/pro player: builds a stone wall so larvaes won't annoy them and they can calmly beat a dragonfly.
Mike:

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

That doesn’t help me at all.. your saying to build the Great Wall of China around the lava pools or something? What good would that do? I have no problem avoiding the larvae they move really slowly and the longer I avoid letting them explode, the longer Dragonfly stays in her calm state without enraging (and thus killing the entire frog rain a kite into her) This video is 100% of no help to me at all.

Back on topic:

8 hours ago, Astra100L said:

Hello Guys, this is a little coment about my solo experience in Dst, and about some imbalances within the game. (Sorry for any misspellings, i'am Brazilian :p)

Well, since my battle against Bee Queen and others more powerful bosses, i have noticed that is kinda Impossible some player kill those bosses only playing alone without spending the most of his resources. From that, i just used mods to balance the game.

Well, it's Don't Starve Together, and the game expects that you will play with your friends. Also, it's just a matter of time before you learn how to kill bosses with increased health, because after my 500 hours played personally I almost do not see the difference between a DFly in 2750 health and 27500 health.

So yes, every (literally every) boss in dst can be killed solo, but you will just need more skill to do so.

Talking about "that is kinda Impossible some player kill those bosses only playing alone without spending the most of his resources", you're wrong. If you mass produce simple things like wood, grass, meat and skins (monster meat from spider farm can be fed to pigs to transform them into werepigs and get two meats and 1 skin from every one), it is not a problem to make a hambat, a few armor sets and use jerky for healing. Or, talking about Toadstool which makes hambat useless - 2 Morning Stars and ~3-4 glass axes will be enough to slay it during rain.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ofc at first is hard there is no point of complaining when you have pass the last year saying in every topic about bosses of how bad you find bosses in dst ans that  you only want the survival experience with challenging world editing. Suddenly a boss topic appeara and here you are, saying that you are trying but you cant because HP

Dont use battle spear and try to kite. The weaker weapon used in boss fight is hambat an it has more damage than battle spear 

How it will not be long if you use weak weapons

Also you can use mobs as companion to increase the dps

I expect you are a troll, if not... holy molly

Edit. Klei already added a solo friendly mechanic when they introduce the celestial portal to change your character 

If you want quickly fights use character perks

Mike I've seen you criticizing the game in other threads for not being hard/punishing enough but now you're arguing that Dfly is too hard? As everyone else has said she is balanced around cooperative play, which means to beat her solo you HAVE to take advantage of every mechanic you can unless you're a god at dodging. The wall strat has been in the game for the longest time, it's probably not going anywhere but if you're fine with dodging the larvae then all you really need is a pile of helmets, a panflute or two and a decently sized road area to dodge on. I haven't played DST with a controller before but I remember in DS the game paused when switching items, so if that doesn't happen when playing solo DST I could see that being an issue. Maybe a button that lets you quick-swap between the last two items used is all you'd need on console to make it a more fair challenge.

Archived