Next update called Fee Fi Fo Thumb?

16 hours ago, Voidbarker said:

i would kill for a rework to farming. improved farms and basic farms are sort of useless when you have a wormwood.

Looks like I'm not the only one. If I have to see one more Edgy Rick/KCDA (whom I respect) rant about farms I may go insane irl. Gotta say though, doubting they're going to do it. 

1 hour ago, Bluepufferfish said:

Looks like I'm not the only one. If I have to see one more Edgy Rick/KCDA (whom I respect) rant about farms I may go insane irl. Gotta say though, doubting they're going to do it. 

edgy rick is a laughing stock.

also, i'd love a rework to farms specifically because they become utterly useless if you have a wormwood around, much like how a science machine becomes useless if you have a Wickerbottom craft an Alch. Engine.

20 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Maybe they can figure out server problems with a way? Who knows? Or they can connect it to the caves?

connect the "sky biome" to caves? 

For real, hosting 3 servers at the same time isn't an issue that is limited to this game, it is just an overall technological issue, I guess. Some computers are capable, but those are them guerilla computers

50 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Ehh, that'd mean a new server, and 3 servers is no bueno

i mean, it could be managed if it was like the ruins cave in hamlet and is limited to a handful of small rooms or if they could manage to dial it back so that the area the shard would be in is WAY WAY smaller than the current shards. of course i am one of those losers who wishes the "small" worlds could be about half their current size. i never need that much caves  and my game would run so much smoother with about half that guff removed

34 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

connect the "sky biome" to caves? 

For real, hosting 3 servers at the same time isn't an issue that is limited to this game, it is just an overall technological issue, I guess. Some computers are capable, but those are them guerilla computers

I'm not sure how game works but there can be something like that. In that pic I tried to draw caves. If we get far enough from cave biomes (enough to NOT being visible and teleportable), it can work. Most of games does that, for example Fallout. Most of indoor places is in same map. I mean they didn't created different map for all buildings.

image.png.7d54c78cca60587d309bdf405c3eef9c.png 

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

i mean, it could be managed if it was like the ruins cave in hamlet and is limited to a handful of small rooms or if they could manage to dial it back so that the area the shard would be in is WAY WAY smaller than the current shards. of course i am one of those losers who wishes the "small" worlds could be about half their current size. i never need that much caves  and my game would run so much smoother with about half that guff removed

I dont exactly understand what you mean. 

1 hour ago, Slagger said:

I'm not sure how game works but there can be something like that. In that pic I tried to draw caves. If we get far enough from cave biomes (enough to NOT being visible and teleportable), it can work. Most of games does that, for example Fallout. Most of indoor places is in same map. I mean they didn't created different map for all buildings.

image.png.7d54c78cca60587d309bdf405c3eef9c.png 

I mean, if it wasn't visible, then it could work, they would need to make the caves-themed clock not caves-themed, also they would need to remove the Depth Worm roaring sound, and the sound of Earthquakes, it aint easy, and I still dont think its an elegant or practical method

20 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I mean, if it wasn't visible, then it could work, they would need to make the caves-themed clock not caves-themed, also they would need to remove the Depth Worm roaring sound, and the sound of Earthquakes, it aint easy, and I still dont think its an elegant or practical method

Nah, it's probably easier than making new world. They can make a zone system. When world generation starts, it's should choose some places in cave as "Skybiome" and some of them as "Cavebiome". In this pic, gray lines means sky zone and crimson ones is cave.

image.png.d01f67a987905c802ec7bb9f31878300.png

With a basic string those problem you say can be solved. They just should add a option like that, "if player is in cave zone, show cave clock" or "if earthquake starts, test the player's zone, if zone is cave then start earthquake". I don't know even what language they use but i think it's not that hard thing to do. Also they are programmers, i'm sure they can make something more "pratic" than this. They can use cave more and more efficently by this way.

Here is an perfect example for you from games. If you played skyrim, probably you heard of moving mannequins. It's a bug and it's really shows how smart is programmers. The programmers added a race called "mannequins" and when you make a mannequin, you basicly making a immortal npc without moving abiltity. They used current object instead making another complex object. So, that's how they can wear armor. And ofcourse, if programmers don't be carefull while programming, we will get worm attack on sky. But that's why hotfixs exist.:D
Skyrim Creepy Mannequin Glitch - YouTube

11 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I dont exactly understand what you mean. 

Isnt possible to do something like the nightmere cycle that only affects some places or the new grotto that changes your sanity?

These are mechanics limited by where are you, maybe is possible to do similar things

Also, in hamlet, the house is located in a little point in the surface but when you open the map shows the house map instead of the world map. Maybe is possible to make an isolate area that show his own map but is located in the same shard as caves or forest

17 hours ago, DaZoul said:

On boats we already have such area - free from hounds and most bosses attacks, until we visit land.

I was also thinking about fallout or skyrim as @Slagger perfectly explained above.

When they introduced the sandstorm, being a perfectly localized event that only affects an area I hoped they would further evolve that into separate buildings.

I think it would be entirely possible from a technical point of view, to add far away areas where you can't see the surroundings in any way (so you dont telepoof away) and that never display any sign or event of being in the current caves (earthquakes, worms, nightmare phase, etc).

There could even be, in the event that you voidwalk, invisible walls or something that instantly teleports you to spawn with damaged health like when you drown, to prevent cheaters from walking from a realm to the other.

DST is 3D, albeit nothing has taken advantage of that excluding birds and the occasional falling rock, perhaps instead of making a whole new shard for this theoretical biome they could just take advantage of all that unused area?

Guys.. Klei added Lunar Island that has its very own independent lunacy effect from the main area of the game.. so I am pretty sure that what @Slagger is suggesting is 100% possible.. 

This could even extend to the Surface world as well by simply having “Newer Biomes” being placed on the other side of that waterfall to nowhere that the game currently considers as its map boundaries limit.

Ive been trying to say this for over a year now but Thankfully Slagger put it into better words then I was able to describe.

HERE was an old image I drew up..969E0786-76D7-465E-9202-C493B29E68FB.jpeg.6a7f4a4854523b23d4a121c6efb0fdb5.jpeg

Basically the TL:DR is these 4 Biomes all share the same single server shard, but you can’t visibly see them.. or reach them without going to the specific location that requires getting into them.. 

For example: Unplugging the plugged sinkholes on Pearls Island could lead to Lunar Cave.. but you can’t just blindly walk into the lunar cave while exploring the regular caves.. 

Edit: THAT to me is DSTs biggest problem: Being able to walk in a straight line almost from point to point from biome to biome without so much as a single progression blocking task or elevated wall in your path stopping you.

I can't speak for Klei but I really don't see them going a route where they put a "sky" world and the caves world on the same shard. Theres so much more work they'd need to do if they went this route instead of just another shard, i dont see it happening.

Archived