What are your predictions for DST?

What are your predictions for DST? This can be:

• Plotlines, or lore reveals
  • Bosses, themes
  • Character updates, refreshes, or introductions
  • Anything!

Not only is it fun to theorize, it'll be fun to come back later and see how wrong we all were.

I predict not now but in the future, maybe several years from now.. that DST will be the blockbuster big name franchise it deserves to be- but the game will have evolved by that point into something much bigger then what it is now- 

Things I would like to see on the way towards this prediction-

Palm Trees, Walani, DLC compatibility with Shipwrecked and Hamlet themed Worlds (if you own those dlcs) An actual Adventures mode like single player DS had, More world Gen settings and game customization options, more exciting brand new content with new features, biomes, mobs, hazards and gameplay mechanics, the entire roster of Single Player DS’s playable characters (Walani, Wilbur, Woodlegs, Wagstaff, Wilba, Wheeler) Tons more skins for further game customization (and profit for Klei), Lore, lots of juicy Lore! & huge highly voted fan suggested changes such as “Elevated plots of Land” which if anyone has the link for that please post here!

Oh and last but certainly not least- An epic quest to save, & unlock Charlie as a playable character.

For some reason I've always pictured WX-78's animated short featuring a part where they come awake for the first time on a table as a blurry image of Wagstaff is wandering the office space.

It then fades to a scene where they're outside for the first time, just taking everything in, when suddenly a butterfly lands on WX-78's palm. They stare at it for a small period, almost as if it enjoys beauty, before the programming kicks in and they just absolutely squish the thing, soullessly staring. With Wagstaff standing in the back as a silhouette or something. :shock:

"The year is 2129, the entire game industry has been bought by EA. Now you have to buy every character appart from Wilson and cant weave anyone. Skins can only be obtained via loot boxes worth more than a bundle. Game hasnt had an update since Gorge S2 happened 50 years ago, but skins keep coming out weekly"

2 minutes ago, Articestone said:

Every prediction we made about the plot and content is wrong and the truth is ridiculous to mock us

For example:

Fan theory - thulicite is from the corpse of ancient creature vs Truth - thulicite is from a living roomba that is drunk, drugged or depressed 

And then we can have characters remark how the truth is really boring and disappointing, which makes it a good joke!!11!!!

I feel that the game needs something more to make it more entertaining to watch in a stream, especially with multiple streamers being involved. For me it is fun to play, but not very entertaining to watch a real-time stream (Youtube videos are fine). 

Maybe a different game mode for streamers to make it more entertaining without harming the survival. I'm no developer so I don't know what they can add to make that happen. I cannot imagine watching my favorite streamers collaborate on this game and be entertained, and that's bad.

I think that it's because the game does not require cooperation and lacks clear and challenging objectives to accomplish. I don't like watching Minecraft or ARK streams either, so it could just be me. Maybe just the knowledge that people don't need to work together to survive is ruining my perception of it, which is why a new game mode might be nice to have things require a little bit more cooperation outside of not just burning the base down before winter.

Maybe a mode where there are a series of objectives or quests for each player in the group to do on top of surviving. These can be lore related or just random tasks that lead to something bigger. Forcing players to go out to sea for critical tasks would be one thing I'd be interested in seeing.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, Willyhoo said:

What are your predictions for DST? This can be:

• Plotlines, or lore reveals
  • Bosses, themes
  • Character updates, refreshes, or introductions
  • Anything!

Not only is it fun to theorize, it'll be fun to come back later and see how wrong we all were.

I don't have any main predictions for DST here, I just would like to share:
I have recently been very worried about the lore of the entire game, but the developers again proved that these were just short delays and tricks to present a lot of information later, even if it is not directly told to us.
My main interest right now is why exactly was Charlie chosen by "THEM"? And I still think it's the mind of the Queen of Ancient civilization that controls her.
I also want to see Wagstaff finally break into the story and play a key role.
Well, I also want to see an explanation for Wormwood. His gem is not very simple and, apparently, the Moon is following him?
Lots of questions... I'll wait for more details!

26 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, I also want to see an explanation for Wormwood. His gem is not very simple and, apparently, the Moon is following him?
Lots of questions... I'll wait for more details!

Honestly, as a Wormwood main Im extremely confused as to why Wormwood hasnt received a special interaction with the moon zones (It probably is because hes a DLC character, but yet). Though, he is the only character that knows where the distilled knowledge has to be placed to unlock it

Archived