So what's wrong with the Painter

Just look that Axe. Is it from The Don't Starve game?

The twigs should be in the axe head part. But now it pasted on it.

The same error appeared in lucy Axe In last year's Woodie updated poster.

winona.thumb.gif.71ed999a8aaa76b97e359d37057bc047.gif

5d8075bda68d4_WrongLucypicinmenupage..thumb.png.1a9d9e7e5ba15ffbdabcb15fb7f36c72.png

I have no right to ask the painter to do better. But I feel that the painter has never played this game before. The style of this update is much different from the past. The painting style is more sophisticated. They became arrogant like murals of Old Ones.

It's probably just a missed detail. I'm pretty sure they went and said "Draw an axe" and this is the byproduct. 
It'd be nice if they were to get a reference and possibly keep it consistent but it's nothing to ask "what's wrong with the painter" over I don't feel.
Kinda rubs off a bit weirdly.

Yes, I think in sameway. Specifically about Warly's portrait. It's not bad, but it's don't look like old ones in style. Take a look.

Warly_DST.thumb.png.38dd08e97c972381db25eea9df3bbd22.png.           Wigfrid_DST.png.462f2fb091879739df2e6dd1416b0fde.thumb.png.b1b46582e3e2a3e6433944952e8f12fd.png

Also new trailers don't look like old trailers too. Buuut in-game contents still looks nice.

It's not that big problem, but game have got missing art files... There is so much non-symmetric faced skin in DST like Maxwell's merry skin or Wilson's survival skin. Let's talk about Maxwell's. He have one eyed glasses but when you turn him right and left, it's same face. Maybe it's okay for you but I really hate it.

@Slagger A better comparison would be Warly's old portrait vs his new one, The old one is vastly superior and is more fitting for Don't Starves art style compared to the one we have in DST, which I do feel objectively looks uglier. I don't even understand why they were changed in the first place, it's seemingly pointless?

Warlyold.thumb.png.783b0fc8f50c91802024eac135ceaa07.pngwarlynew.thumb.png.c020a68e69ced44f624dec460c9dbc47.png 

Well I don’t care one bit about the art style of menu screens and animated shorts not matching the in game versions.. what I Care about is being able to play the game- and all it manages to do is enter an Infinite loading screen that reads “Launching Server” I’m about to just give up hope and delete this world.. 

I can’t send in a bug report because it literally won’t load the world to send a report for.

I mean, damn, whoever they are, they gotta seriously dust off their resume. Getting a Dust Moth could help. I mean, that mistake, and you gotta pray even to a spoon to have a chance at keeping your job.

Spoiler

yea its a joke

I really don't mind the new style for Warly's portraits. Hell, most other characters could use some touch-ups to their older portraits, you know?

Also, artists aren't always going to be consistent, especially when you're working in a team and styles vary from artist to artist.

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

The scientists at Gravitas should get into that gmo

Maybe they did? Like, maybe is same universe, just different years :"D Maybe people in Constant cannot back to Earth because the Earth doesn't exist "in future"? Maybe one day we will get something suggesting that, but not in skins and not in trinkets

18 hours ago, Slagger said:

It's not that big problem, but game have got missing art files... There is so much non-symmetric faced skin in DST like Maxwell's merry skin or Wilson's survival skin. Let's talk about Maxwell's. He have one eyed glasses but when you turn him right and left, it's same face. Maybe it's okay for you but I really hate it.

they say that's an issue with the engine, or atleast thats what I was told when I asked about webber's gorge skin. But they really could fix it, like how they do it here

Archived