So what's wrong with the Painter

There's tons of different artists on the DST team, its clear. But i don't think its neccesary to nitpick on every little detail that isn't consistent just cause it doesn't neccesarily look like the old style. The DS artstyle is hard as hell to pull off correctly like the way Jeff Agala does and i applaud the other artists for even trying, but still put their own little spin on it. 

I've tried to draw this style for a very very long time and i still feel like i can't pull it off correctly so i know by experience how hard it is to exactly nail down the style. i'm sure many artists could agree with me here.

But this thread was about an axe being different than their in-game counterpart. and honestly that is a really silly thing to nitpick about.

Axes has never been consistent As other people have mentioned up above.

On 10/16/2020 at 12:46 AM, 359368170 said:

Just look that Axe. Is it from The Don't Starve game?

The twigs should be in the axe head part. But now it pasted on it.

The same error appeared in lucy Axe In last year's Woodie updated poster.

winona.thumb.gif.71ed999a8aaa76b97e359d37057bc047.gif

5d8075bda68d4_WrongLucypicinmenupage..thumb.png.1a9d9e7e5ba15ffbdabcb15fb7f36c72.png

I have no right to ask the painter to do better. But I feel that the painter has never played this game before. The style of this update is much different from the past. The painting style is more sophisticated. They became arrogant like murals of Old Ones.

The old art style is so cool, the art are more simple, but more cool.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Makes me wonder if they animate the full bodies for promotional things.

Almost, if not all the menus actually do have fully drawn out/animated bodies actually! It's super nice!
Winona's Carrat one and Willow's promo as examples. Unless you mean other promotional things but I think its safe to say yes there too. ;}

Archived