Luckiest (or unluckiest) DST Moments.

As Don't Starve Together has a world that is randomly generated, luck ties into the happenings in the game quite often. I was wondering; what are some of the luckiest or unluckiest moments a player could have? The Krampus sack is also very rare so times you've also received it are also acceptable. There might've been an older topic about this, but I might as well bring it back up :D

For me, I felt like my luck was at its peak when I was playing with my friends and decided to dig up the world's graveyard to get four life giving amulets.

Planned to bunker down in the swamp on one of my worlds for the first deerclops. Moments before night fell, hounds started growling. They came before deerclops, leaving me badly injured for the fight.

Still wanting that eyeball, I stayed put and started spamming sling rounds at the deerclops while tentacles did work. Unfortunately, the hounds caused me to become insane, and two terrorbeaks joined the fight.

Eventually, one of them got a cheap hit and caused me to get bucked off of woby, and long story short, I took an L.

When I came back after reviving from a touchstone, deerclops was attacking a spider nest. I must have put him really low on health, because they killed him.

AND THEY ATE THE BLOODY EYEBALL!

yesterday i generated a new world and walked southwards right into a guardpig set-piece, almost got pancaked my first 15 seconds of playing, even better is that i was waiting on a friend to get on(the game wasn't showing up in the server list) and my firepit was juuuust close enough that when night fell and the pit was lit a pig came over and hit me twice while i was tabbed away talking to them

Not always the bad luck comes from the game itself. 

I was with a friend in a public server with other rather less experienced players, and we fought Klaus. We won, and one of the bundles dropped a krampus sack. Yays! 

The other players didnt know how low are the chances of getting one, or what it was for, they immediately said "garbage drops lets try again" and despite our in game chat spamming trying to explain what it was, THEY STILL ROLLED BACK.

Two sour klaus attempts later the definitive take they accepted had a royal jelly and a dragonfly scale, as "the big prizes"...  

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I was with a friend in a public server with other rather less experienced players, and we fought Klaus. We won, and one of the bundles dropped a krampus sack. Yays! 

The other players didnt know how low are the chances of getting one, or what it was for, they immediately said "garbage drops lets try again" and despite our in game chat spamming trying to explain what it was, THEY STILL ROLLED BACK.

Two sour klaus attempts later the definitive take they accepted had a royal jelly and a dragonfly scale, as "the big prizes"...  

To be fair on a Survival pub Krampus Sack is pretty redundant; plus only one person would benefit from said Sack as opposed to 3 via 1 Royal Jelly and all from Scaled Furnace (provided you also had BP) or some Scaled Chests (via Decon Staff). In your place I wouldn't get too stressed about that Sack drop, most likely (as they had numbers to roll-back) both you and your friend wouldn't have been the ones getting it after dice roll.

My luckiest remembered event: 4x Butter first day after spawn - on the long run I ended up eating them as regular food so... meh! Second luckiest event I saw in my runs: some Walter killed a Krampus about day 3 of said world iteration and it dropped the Sack; sadly for him it was a Survival KLei official server as well.

My unluckiest recalled happening: 4 MacTs spawns farmed all winter all-to-myself and got... no Tam or Tusk at all. Yeey life!

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Omg... Worst story ever... This is gonna hunt me til the end of my days

I remember once being too lazy to fight FW to reset ruins and i needed gears for some reason. Best idea was to grind them at desert picking tumbleweeds. To my surprise, after some time i didnt get one, but TWO orange gems in one single tumbleweed.

Untitled.png.90331627392a3a8cae943bbd23429a5d.png

I remember being scared at the odds, like if this happened already a lighting could strike me anytime soon irl :o

Wish i had this luck with daily gifts :lol:

14 hours ago, Nin Ya said:

My boat burned due to lightnin right before I build rod (precrafted). I was literally in putting animation when it strikes

my biggest fear

i think the time i felt lucky was when i get a krampus sack in the second winter by killing klaus, i never get one so early

bad luck, always (or just me doing dumb things)

my world generation is so glitchy there are many luck and unluck parts to tell but the best for me is the ruins have the labirinth with ancient guardian in the START , meaning that i don't need to walk  at all to get to him only if i want the thulecite in the chests

2 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

my world generation is so glitchy there are many luck and unluck parts to tell but the best for me is the ruins have the labirinth with ancient guardian in the START , meaning that i don't need to walk  at all to get to him only if i want the thulecite in the chests

golly

I can't say I'm very lucky, but I got very narrow passage with four geese/meese spawns. Little help of "On tentacles" and... Every spring I'm rich in feathers, meat and more feathers.

About unlucky things: on same map I have only one Warlus Camp and I had to spend many winters to get enough tusks and tam o'shanters. 

Once I was sailing with friend - for first time we used feathery sail, and we were not used to "quick" sailing. We visited hermit, to spend some jars, and we heard coming hounds. Panik mode on. We rushed to boat, because I had hope, with new sail we could be enough fast to escape. I set up direction, "raised" sail... But on same time my friend had different opinion how we sail and tried to row in other direction. In result we meet rocks and first leak. I said to her to stop and tried get back a control over direction, but in a mess she started row in previous my direction while I was trying to change it to avoid rocks. We crushed again. Second leak. I used anchor to stop, while she informed me, we don't have any paches [we had 31 paches, 8 trusty tapes and extra boat kit but she didn't check chest]. And there was that time when hounds appeared and most of them were fire. I hoped I could kill them on water with Abigail and blow darts, but, we had to move, so I tried raise anchor... But hounds were faster and our boat started to burn. Happy rollbacks.

RoG. 120 days, I play as Woodie. Decided to add Hamlet and Shipwrecked DLC. Updated save to allow me play Hamlet.

Ok, on map that balloon thing appeared, pieces for Skyworthy. I was totally yolo, to just build that stuff and jump in.

Things went wrong and I just had my first Hamlet day with Woodie... In middle of Aporkalypse. Yay.

I love it when I can get bundling wrap blueprint and a Krampus sack on the same Klaus drop 1st winter. That's happened a few times .

Also one time when me a random were getting ready to take on Klaus before I really knew how to fight him good . The goal was a Krampus sack , well during his Krampus summons phase they dropped a sack ! I was like "well shoot that's the whole reason we came to fight , let's bail " left the fight and came back for the sack lol 

Archived