I love Wormwood's new "Triumphant" skin, but it's a really bad "Triumphant" skin.

What would be a better title for the skin?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Name?

• "The Poisonous"
    • "The Poisoned"
    • "The Corrupted"
    • "The Rotten"
    • "The Parasite"
    • Other (Comments)

Just like Wurt, his skin has nothing to do with nightmare fuel or shadows outside of it being a "dark/creepy skin".

Every other triumphant skin follows an obvious motif, deep black, with lots of spiked points or curls, with white lines running through, typical shadow related stuff. WX being a slight exception, but his general design follows still follows the pattern well considering his VERY different design from the rest of the regular cast.

image.thumb.png.3da78b41aaf3e630f8013fc780d4159a.png

But Wormwood and Wurts skins don't follow this motif at all, they don't look like they are influenced by the fuel at all.

You can look at every other skin in the bunch and immediately recognize that they are a matching set, but I seriously doubt anyone could do the same for Wurt and Wormwood if they weren't aware of what "The Triumphant" skins were.

I hereby petition that the name should be changed to preserve lore and consistency.

I dunno I think that Triumphant Wormy is a clever "shadowy" take on Hamlet aesthetics. His dark pink/bright green color scheme fits pretty well in the Deep Rainforest biome which is under a shadowy canopy. Maybe this means that that part of Hamlet is affected by shadow magic? Wormy was created by Moon magic, which is different from shadow magic per Max and Wicker's quotes. Triumphant Wormy's jewel could then be holding all that shadow magic, which turned it from moon glass green to black.

ur stating ur opinion as fact here.

neither wormwood nor wurt wear clothes, they're not human and theyre indigenous to the Constant unlike every other survivor above. So i think its only natural for their triumphant skins to look different, they're affected by the fuel in a different way. 

Just now, ModsterMash said:

I dunno I think that Triumphant Wormy is a clever "shadowy" take on Hamlet aesthetics. His dark pink/bright green color scheme fits pretty well in the Deep Rainforest biome which is under a shadowy canopy. Maybe this means that that part of Hamlet is affected by shadow magic? Wormy was created by Moon magic, which is different from shadow magic per Max and Wicker's quotes. Triumphant Wormy's jewel could then be holding all that shadow magic, which turned it from moon glass green to black.

It's a good "dark" skin, but it's not at all a "Triumphant" skin.

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

ur stating ur opinion as fact here.

Every other skin follows a pattern and it's clear what its supposed to represent.

And the newest skin does NOT do any of those things. That's not opinion, that fact.

3 minutes ago, Ogrecakes said:

Every other skin follows a pattern and it's clear what its supposed to represent.

And the newest skin does NOT do any of those things. That's not opinion, that fact.

Wurt and Wormwood look drastically different in their default skins too. Most default skins are a mixture of char black, paper white and dark-ish red. Wurt and Wormwood are almost entirely in shades of green.

I do agree Triumphant Wurt looks awfully mundane, but I could definitely see the already atypical-looking Wormwood mutate into something like this if he sat on the Nightmare Throne too long.

Isn’t the gem inside wormwood his actual “being” rather than the plants around him?

You can see it in his other skins, changing colors depending on his circumstances, with it being the defining trait of his skin. The color of the gem seems to dictate the type of “plant” wormwood is.

His green “base” gem represents nature in all forms.

His blue “hollow” gem represents underground plants, or blue mushrooms in general.

His pink “cactus” gem represents cactus fruit, so he becomes a cactus. (This one is probably wrong)

His red “roseate” gem represents roses or formality. He grows thorns and roses all around him.

His triumphant gem is pitch-black. Therefore, it represents the shadowy state of the constant, with him being rotted and/or unnatural.

Secondary thought: I think I'm gonna trust Klei with what they think a proper Triumphant skin is for Wormwood because I believe it has interesting lore prospects. The shadow magic changed Wormwood's body in ways that make him look like Hamlet's Ancient Herald, such as the pincer hands and the head shape in the first couple stages. That's pretty interesting, and I think it was only done because this is a Triumphant skin.

I think Wurt and Wormy fit the theme fine

I'd argue that gray is as much of importance as black and white for these; not to mention the ever so common red (on the side of her eyes) so Wurt's good

And like Modster said, for Wormy the black n white come in through the jewel on his chest

I dunno, I think it's supposed to be different since Wormwood is a constant-born/moon-born entity. The DLC characters already look so drastically different from the rest of the cast, and I think that's on purpose.

I think it's fine that they aren't following the human survivor's themes, as they stand out enough in their default appearances to have these interesting new variations of the existing sets.

wurt matches just fine with the others in colouration and thematic appeal. your problem with her seems to have more to do with your personal feelings on what a triumphant ought to be rather than what it is. she hits almost all of the same beats as wx and webber in the spikiness, the animalness, the locations of the mutations and the general use of base saturation as a template for her saturation in her triumphant variant

as for wormwood? well, he is the brightest most cheerful of the cast in colouration and style, i am not surprised in the least he is a subdued red over a black/grey. it matches his hamlet origins and gives him an appropriate thematic look when compared to his other skins. he suits his own story very well and if you look at his skins you can tell he is either triumphant or hallows eve at a glance(sadly a lot of characters have that issue of their triumphant skins looking a bit halloweeny oops!).

FE21C9EF-816F-44FC-898D-2532DEE19D14.thumb.jpeg.82b5789262bd64838386b8b08d409670.jpeg

It all depends entirely upon what you choose to wear.. if this doesn’t look like a Wormwood who has sat on the Shadow throne and become corrupted by evil.. then I do not know what ever will.

(I’m nitpicking here but I think they should make the default of this skin look like the picture above to already have the “Evil” Eye somewhat Semi showing.. and then fully bloom out.)

I see no one complaining about Warly's victorian not looking like anything from the Gorge, Or Wurt's GoH which looks nothing like the others either. hell even Wurt's roseate and that thing only has 1 rose on it that fits the theme for roseate. Green Wortox

Yet its Wormwood who gets the boot, one of the most colorful characters in the roster cause he comes from the moon/hamlet, is now dark and moody. Triumphant is supposed to do the exact opposite mood of our known characters. Turning them evil, dark, corrupted. Wormwood's triumphant does exactly that. it changes his physical form to look like a withered corrupted nightshade. Wormwood is a happy little plant boi and it does the exact opposite of his emotions and look which is the point.

Does it do it differently? Hell yeah it does and i'd much rather have this than some black plant wearing some dark clothing to fit the theme. It's okay to change a few things up sometimes, Being more creative.

EDIT: Also, changing the name of WW's triumphant name would seriously annoy me to see all of the others Triump- skins be on the list, and then you just have that 1 skin that was in the triump- line, gone, and that gap would never be filled.

I actually kind of agree with you about Wormwood's skin, because it breaks the colour scheme of the Triumphant set, but I see no good reason for you to drag Wurt into it. She doesn't wear clothes or have hair normally, so looking like a scarier, dark-colored, pointy-finned type of fish is fitting for her. What else could she change? WX in particular and Webber to a lesser extent already established that the shadow survivors can change their bodies to suit their aesthetic as well as their clothes.

Honestly I'd have no problem at all with Triumphant Wormwood if the skin was black and grey with red accents instead of dark pink with sickly green accents and a bit of brighter reddish-pink. Even with the current colors, however, I can still easily make sense of it as a visual tie to Hamlet's most dangerous and mysterious biomes; it just doesn't match the other survivors.

Yeah I think his Triumphant is fine, it's interesting to see this spin, since it's a lunar type creature who sat on the throne. It's super cool to see his bright and vibrant colors but still twisted in the same way as the other characters were.

57 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

The collection isn't called the Triumphant Collection, it's called the Shadow Collection.

image.png.90637c8790fa14cf6e35ee4580c79c58.png

With that in mind, I think what @ModsterMash said fits rather well.

This is what a nightshade flower looks like, if anyone was curious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropa_belladonna#/media/File:IMG_8052_Atropa_belladonna_L._Single_flower_Exterior_&_Interior.jpg

The colors aren't too far off, Wormwood's skin is just a tad more saturated.

Archived