I love Wormwood's new "Triumphant" skin, but it's a really bad "Triumphant" skin.

What would be a better title for the skin?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Name?

• "The Poisonous"
    • "The Poisoned"
    • "The Corrupted"
    • "The Rotten"
    • "The Parasite"
    • Other (Comments)

I understant that, maybe, the power of darkness and nightmares could make Wormwood be "sick" or rotten, shadow powers could work different with their host and for Wormwood is more like "damaging their system" taking in consideration that our leafy friend is a being from the "moon", something in part supernatural/magical. The color palette, as someone said before, remember the colors of Hamlet, and probably was something that Klei staff had in consideration, although, I would like to see a little more of connection with the rest, because Wurt is a little more close to them in therms of design, but probably because she has a similar color palette with the rest of the Triumphants.

I like that skin too, is cool and it reminds me those plants that smell like trash (I don't remember the name of them); but yeah, It's a diferent touch in the usual Triumphant style that we know.

2 hours ago, Monkey Cups said:

This is what a nightshade flower looks like, if anyone was curious. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropa_belladonna#/media/File:IMG_8052_Atropa_belladonna_L._Single_flower_Exterior_&_Interior.jpg

The colors aren't too far off, Wormwood's skin is just a tad more saturated.

so wormwood now produces drugs. now is even cooler xD

32 minutes ago, emin61 said:

Ya'll just complaining aboot wurt/wormwood while maxwell is untriumphant himself. tsk!

he has triumphant "skin" by default, his untriumphant skin is before nightmere throne

I love Wormwood's triumphant skin both aesthetically and for what i think it implies lore-wise. It got me thinking for a while, but me and someone else theorized that the reason it makes him look like that is because wormwood's life force is entirely within the small crystal that is himself. It's completely black, implying perhaps that it's almost completely drained, maybe explaining why wormwood looks as effected by it all as he does. 

My only complaint about Wormwood's skin is that it mentions Nightshade, but not specifically Nightshade Belladonna, the famous poisonous flower. Having Nightshade being the general term, Wormwood's skin is possibly a bell pepper.

tbh my biggest gripe with Wormwood (besides that it was draw off-style) is the face; The Design is just bad once you remove the tentacles
WbzOnjn.png
But yes, I do agree that Wormwood's Skin is not ideal as a Triumphant. Imo a Thistle would have been a better idea or actually something that looks more like the Deadly Nightshade, since I see no similarities

i think wormwoods shadow skin should be like a totally normal tree with nightmare fuel oozing out of his dark petal like flower.

EDIT: also he should have a dark petals and nightmare fuel trail while he is blooming during spring.

I wish the wormwood skin would have had more influence from Dark flowers/petals in its design or coloring. It's cool they used a nightshade for the design but overall as a semi wormwood main I don't really like the skin at all.

i dunno, i have been playing spring wormwood for the last two and a quarter hours and i love it so far<3<3 i also stopped noticing how cheery the flowers are compared to the rest of him after about an hour of play

the only problem i have is that he _never_ stops talking x_____x i forgot how chatty the survivors are is there a mod to make him be less vocal?

1 minute ago, gaymime said:

the only problem i have is that he _never_ stops talking x_____x i forgot how chatty the survivors are is there a mod to make him be less vocal?

PeterA could probably code it in just like he silenced Lucy in the Forge.5aa76668a4032_arielimpliedevil.png.f2a55a086558e295fb0100772b340f4a.png

6 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The Design is just bad once you remove the tentacles
WbzOnjn.png

I don't quite understand your point here. Like, Wormwood's triumphant design doesn't look good if you remove the tentacles... but of course removing such a huge focus of the design s going to make it not look great??

So, would it then be fair for me to say "Wilson's design is bad" and post this image?
1415731711_wilsonbaddesign.png.3f941759c5c735e49512e19af4a10d7d.png

I'd rather a Verdant Wormwood skin be his Unverdant, like how Maxwells Triumphant is Untriumphant.

I remember a friend drawing a robot skin concept for Wormwood so something like that could be very cool.

Spoiler

latest-1.thumb.png.cb051835e7fa998ad7d746f5220cf4a3.png

Found it, Credit to @Dorozco! This is his wonderful art.

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

I'd rather a Verdant Wormwood skin be his Unverdant, like how Maxwells Triumphant is Untriumphant.

I remember a friend drawing a robot skin concept for Wormwood so something like that could be very cool.

Hide contents

latest-1.thumb.png.cb051835e7fa998ad7d746f5220cf4a3.png

Found it, Credit to @Dorozco! This is his wonderful art.

I said that kinda as a joke, but unverdant skin is a really interesting idea, when I read that, I thought of a spiky bush styled wormwood skin, but that robotic wormwood looks amazing! 

Well verdant WX-78 looks like a plant, so unverdant Wormwood being a robot would fit.

On 7/19/2020 at 10:10 PM, Sunset Skye said:

I don't quite understand your point here. Like, Wormwood's triumphant design doesn't look good if you remove the tentacles... but of course removing such a huge focus of the design s going to make it not look great??

So, would it then be fair for me to say "Wilson's design is bad" and post this image?
1415731711_wilsonbaddesign.png.3f941759c5c735e49512e19af4a10d7d.png

I mean, Im just talking about generic face structure in there, maybe I should have been cleaner and posted an imagine of a way to fix what bothers me, aka making Wormwoods face longer than a Horse's
49fidKC.png

25 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I mean, Im just talking about generic face structure in there, maybe I should have been cleaner and posted an imagine of a way to fix what bothers me, aka making Wormwoods face longer than a Horse's
-snip-

The eye is the bloom, lesso the actual facial feature.
The creases on his face that slowly open up into the vine-like thing are closer to representing the actual eyes.

Your mockup here looks nice too, but I don't prefer one over the other.

Archived