I love Wormwood's new "Triumphant" skin, but it's a really bad "Triumphant" skin.

What would be a better title for the skin?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Name?

• "The Poisonous"
    • "The Poisoned"
    • "The Corrupted"
    • "The Rotten"
    • "The Parasite"
    • Other (Comments)

welp. noone can argue about wormwood's design anymore because i've stumbled on conclusive proof that he is a perfect boy who is perfect. i give you triumphant wormwood in a hat;

3.thumb.png.43a8f7c8d69439d0f10686ca69db348c.png

and yes he looks this cute in every hat i tried on and yes those are modded flowers;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1777679820&searchtext=wormwood

I made an unofficial survey in collecting opinion from 100 users playing in pubs (mostly EU). I asked a question, does wormwood skin look good if he never opened the flower on head? 72 players said, "no". It made me think, why make such a skin that looks other-worldly only for one season?

6 minutes ago, KeshS said:

I made an unofficial survey in collecting opinion from 100 users playing in pubs (mostly EU). I asked a question, does wormwood skin look good if he never opened the flower on head? 72 players said, "no". It made me think, why make such a skin that looks other-worldly only for one season?

I really hope they introduce an item to make wormwood insta full bloom any seasonin the future.:( 

12 hours ago, Cassielu said:

I think Wormwood's Triumphant skin theme is about the aporkalyse in hamlet.

So there's still some kind of connection between them.

I was using it in the Ruins during nightmare cycle, the skin glows red like the Ancient Herald's cloak, so I think youre right.

6 hours ago, KeshS said:

Because Wormwood is a character essentially designed around Spring starts in Spring start, he starts out fully bloomed.

6 hours ago, Regal said:

I really hope they introduce an item to make wormwood insta full bloom any seasonin the future.:( 

Same. That and they buff his Compost Wrap to be worth making.

1 hour ago, gaymime said:

i dunno, forcing a bloom on a plant irl is usually tedious and requires the plant be removed from its environment(or a structure be placed over it. i couldn't imagine a reasonable way to introduce forced bloom in the game that makes sense

We are talking about making sense in a game where you can bring people back from the dead using a bunch of grass, a spider gland and stabbing yourself.

Forcing bloom could be made with an amulet crafted with moon rocks, for an example. Since Wormwood's origins are related to the moon, I think that would fit.

1 hour ago, SoupRiced said:

We are talking about making sense in a game where you can bring people back from the dead using a bunch of grass, a spider gland and stabbing yourself.

Forcing bloom could be made with an amulet crafted with moon rocks, for an example. Since Wormwood's origins are related to the moon, I think that would fit.

brown amulet

3 hours ago, MikoFanboy said:

I guess Klei forgot evil flower is a thing when they design his skin <(") 

u know, thing you can use to craft nightmare fuel <(")

Hoa | Don't Starve Wiki | Fandom

this is my design

image.thumb.png.fb12b95e695bd863e2009a6f0adf439c.png

Well, thats because Wormwood's Triumphant is based off of Nightshade Belladonna, a victorian flower known for being extremely poisonous, which fits extremely well with his Hamlet origins.

15 hours ago, jpmrocks said:

Wormwood's Triumphant is based off of Nightshade Belladonna, a victorian flower k

Ah, there is a game I play that has a skin base of that flower too

"Madam Bella" (you can search "identity v bloody queen skin madam bella")

hqdefault.jpg.b4df3da256d66e425c97bd7142179eec.jpg

I think Klei could have used that flower for wormwood guest of honor or Victorian skin and maybe use the word "madam" for a pun 

tbh woodworm's triumphant look nothing like nightshade madambella and it doesn't fit with other triumphant skin 

i think it fits more with the hallownight skin 

On 7/18/2020 at 1:14 PM, Ogrecakes said:

Just like Wurt, his skin has nothing to do with nightmare fuel or shadows outside of it being a "dark/creepy skin"..

I hereby petition that the name should be changed to preserve lore and consistency.

You also have to remember that he is of the moon, not of the constant. Although I would rather him look like an evil flower

On 8/2/2020 at 7:40 AM, MikoFanboy said:

I guess Klei forgot evil flower is a thing when they design his skin <(") 

u know, thing you can use to craft nightmare fuel <(")

Hoa | Don't Starve Wiki | Fandom

this is my design

image.thumb.png.fb12b95e695bd863e2009a6f0adf439c.png

It should probably be a little less- girly

I made this guess in another thread but I'll go ahead and post it here.

Ignoring Wurt, who I don't know enough about.

Wormwood is a special exception, like Maxwell is to the Triumphant set. Wormwood is clearly made from the same materials that make up the Lunar Islands materials. One thing that seems to be true about the Lunar Island is that it's anti-shadow. You can make the Glass Sword, which is specifically designed for killing shadow creatures. Shadow Creatures cannot exist on the island either.

So Wormwood is a being made of anti-shadow properties, he is not compatible with nightmare fuel. Being corrupted by it affects him differently than it does the other survivors, by mutating him into a sick, decaying plant, akin to a dead flower.

If I can make a guess about Wurt, she herself is a native to the constant so she probably changes physically with the Nightmare fuel, similar to how the Splemunkeys change physically when exposed to it, changing her from a peace-loving vegan, into a meat-eating shark, as it changes the prankster-loving monkeys, into violent masses of teeth bravely charging into anything they want to kill.  Webbers Triumphant skin is similar, his quote is ''Come closer, we are hungry!'', which is completely unlike Webber to say. It seems a common theme for natives of the constant to be physically changed by the fuel, into more violent, ''baser'' creatures.

I'm new here, but I just thought now that maybe the whole design with the big eye on Wormwoods triumphant skin was a referance to the eye on the florid postern or in the gateway on the metheus puzzle murals

Florid Postern | Don't Starve Wiki | FandomLore analysis and discussion of the metheus puzzle's murals - [Don't Starve  Together] General Discussion - Klei Entertainment Forums

Maybe even a reference to the whole "who is them" mystery

Archived