[Game Update] - 419736

• Developer

Return of Them Beta

Changes:

• Tracking Suspicious Dirt Piles in the oasis desert (the area affected by the summer sandstorm), during a spring rain, will have a chance to find a Volt Goat.
  • Increased Jelly Salad required ingredients.
  • Sea Weed Seedshell attacks (and thrown Seedshells in PVP) no longer cause leaks at the edge of boats.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed a crash with Rockjaws and picking up their food.
  • Fixed the missing text on the Spittle Fish in the crafting menu.
  • Fixed issues caused by killing Sea Weeds with a Tail o' Three Cats or Weather Pain.
  • Fixed a crash when Sea Sprouts are burned.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Volt Goat herds to have more than 6 members
  • Fixed the boat patch double repair and patch use bug.
  • Fixed a crash with the Hermit Crab’s music.
  • Fixed Terrorclaw using wrong health value.
  • Fixed an issue with Sea Weeds not retrofitting into the proper place in the ocean.

View full update

• Like 21
  • Thanks 20

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

• Tracking Suspicious Dirt Piles in the oasis desert (the area affected by the summer sandstorm), during a spring rain, will have a chance to find a Volt Goat.

Thank you. Now i won't have to worry about something killing off my last goat when relocating it.

• Like 13

This, is abolutely, amazing ! But will it spawn a new herd as well ?

Edited by ADM
RE-EDIT : wait, Volt Goats can spawn a herd by themselves so it actually works o_o
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tracking Suspicious Dirt Piles in the oasis desert (the area affected by the summer sandstorm), during a spring rain, will have a chance to find a Volt Goat.

Very nice to see goat problem being solved so quickly. Many thanks.

If it isn't too much trouble, can the same be applied to beefalo since people like to exterminate them as well? Spring rain + Savanna biome. Please.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, shadowDigga said:

If it isn't too much trouble, can the same be applied to beefalo since people like to exterminate them as well? Spring rain + Savanna biome. Please.

I don't really see why it should be limited to spring rain for the beefalo to be honest.
What about just Winter?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Tracking Suspicious Dirt Piles in the oasis desert (the area affected by the summer sandstorm), during a spring rain, will have a chance to find a Volt Goat.

my exact suggestion and i couldnt be happier, thank you so much for this change!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

@Jason Has there been some change to the Seedshells' damage mechanic?

Player-thrown Seedshells used to deal 68 damage in some cases and 23.8 in others. (I thought it dealt full damage to aggro'd mobs.) But now they seem to deal a consistent 23.8 damage.

Love the volt goat thing, btw.

• Like 1

Here’s what I’m thinking though- can’t every other animal in the game (with the exception of fish and apparently pigs) go fully extinct?

What I mean by that is if someone destroys every Catcoon nest, digs up every rabbit hole and kills every rabbit, Hammers down all shacks and slaughters every Merm, Kills every Carrat and Saladmander, Kills every Bee Hive, Wipes out every Beefalo horde ETC..Can’t all these animals go extinct?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Here’s what I’m thinking though- can’t every other animal in the game (with the exception of fish and apparently pigs) go fully extinct?

What I mean by that is if someone destroys every Catcoon nest, digs up every rabbit hole and kills every rabbit, Hammers down all shacks and slaughters every Merm, Kills every Carrat and Saladmander, Kills every Bee Hive, Wipes out every Beefalo horde ETC..Can’t all these animals go extinct?

Rabbits and moleworms are renewable via earthquakes. Bees, iirc, can spawn from tumbleweeds.

Most of the others can go extinct, but you have to go way way way out of your way (nice joke, Walter) to make them so.

Beefalos are perhaps the only real issue, because they can spawn in very small numbers and go extinct at the hands of a giant or a frog rain.

(Well, Saladmanders and Carrats too, but those are from an unfinished expansion and have no unique drops or uses anyway, so their extinction wouldnt really affect you.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, splorange said:

my exact suggestion and i couldnt be happier, thank you so much for this change!

-your, +our

Considering the fact, that I was the first one who suggested to make them respawnable via Suspicious Dirt Piles while you were the one who suggested to make them available when tracking during rain.

• Thanks 1

Wow, I'm very glad to see this for volt goats!!!  I have had so many sad worlds where the goats all died before I could pen them up.  Goats tend to be very suicidal...  My current world has goats right on the edge of a swamp and I've lost 3 to tentacles already... T_T  I did manage to get 1 penned up this time.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

(Well, Saladmanders and Carrats too, but those are from an unfinished expansion and have no unique drops or uses anyway, so their extinction wouldnt really affect you.)

If your world's old enough to have a carrat shrine (or you set it to Year of the Carrat manually, but not many people would) then carrats are renewable too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shadowDigga said:

Hasn't this been a problem sense DST released? I wouldn't call that quickly

28 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

If your world's old enough to have a carrat shrine (or you set it to Year of the Carrat manually, but not many people would) then carrats are renewable too. 

I had them.. but the game kept crashing endlessly so I deleted all worlds that had them. :( 

For anyone curious about the goat change:

• The track specifically must end in the oasis for it to spawn. Starting the track in the oasis and having the hunt finish outside of the oasis will not spawn a goat.
  • The goat spawn will always be prioritized over the koalaphent one, but less then the Varg/ewecus one (basically meaning that after ~ day 80, you have a 66% chance to get a goat).
  • Lightning spawns at the exact position the goat does, meaning that unless a lightning rod is close by (and even then, only sometimes it will divert), the goat will always spawn charged.
  • The goat is capable of making a new herd.

Overall, a fantastic addition! I’m very pleased with this change, and I respect that you did listen to the community!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 8