Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

17 hours ago, guildcrest said:

Smaller updates I think usually are useful to add to and change existing systems (e.g. automation pack)

Oh yeah, automation pack was soooo good! IMO made lategame 2 times better with only few new buildings

I am so excited for this DLC to land.

The expansion to space exploration is more than I could have hoped for - except for one thing.

Suggestion:

Multiplayer system - in the star map, select an asteroid at random which, when analyzed, reveals the asteroid as a trade hub.

Here, players will be given limited building space (e.g. 100x100 tiles) wherein they can construct facilities to refine, store and trade resources with other players.

Perhaps a new dedicated inventory system may be necessary to achieve this, but it could be a interesting way to realistically incorporate a multiplayer system without rebuilding the entire game?

Kind regards,

An overly-enthusiastic ONI fan✌️

2 hours ago, MarcinW said:

https://steamdb.info/app/457140/depots/

demo branch updated 30 minutes ago, development 5 minutes ago... are we closer to this happy moment of time?

/so excited

19 minutes ago, Orty97 said:

Again in the last 29 minutes. Something's wrong, I can feel it! :O

I'm sure Ipsquiggle is updating the readme.txt file and uploading it to the branch to troll some detectives ))

One thing I noticed is the double mech doors in the imagine is used.    Does this mean the mechanics of the game will support  true airlock  if double  mech doors are used?     And if this is the new mechanics where gas doesn't pass through the center between double mech doors   how will this affect existing    gameplay where people uses mech doors as gas compressors.     Or the double mech doors in the animation is just an amateur gamer thinking they're creating an airlock but gas is actually being leaked. 

9 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

One thing I noticed is the double mech doors in the imagine is used.    Does this mean the mechanics of the game will support  true airlock  if double  mech doors are used?     And if this is the new mechanics where gas doesn't pass through the center between double mech doors   how will this affect existing    gameplay where people uses mech doors as gas compressors.     Or the double mech doors in the animation is just an amateur gamer thinking they're creating an airlock but gas is actually being leaked. 

Or it is just something thrown together to look cool. I would recommend not to over-analyse that single animated picture.

24 minutes ago, RonEmpire said:

Looking at the doors as you stated i saw a weird crude oil appearing near the doors at the end of the gif. Was that a bug or maybe some spillage from the rocket? Or maybe it's raining oil ? Hmmmm

5 hours ago, Orty97 said:

Looking at the doors as you stated i saw a weird crude oil appearing near the doors at the end of the gif. Was that a bug or maybe some spillage from the rocket? Or maybe it's raining oil ? Hmmmm

I think that is CO2 very briefly freezing to liquid. 

I thought I'm already too old for games, especially mainstream series. But Klei and few other studios just persistently hold my attention, I think for many people such games are worth a lot.

The only request: please try to make the game as mod-friendly as possible. This is an invaluable quality for computer games.
It's a pity when, after the release of a new update, old mods simply die. Without some fan extensions, I personally would have quit this game a long time ago, but now I'm waiting for DLC :flustered:

3 hours ago, Outrate said:

I thought I'm already too old for games, especially mainstream series. But Klei and few other studios just persistently hold my attention, I think for many people such games are worth a lot.

You are never to old for games. At least I hope that ;-)

4 hours ago, gabberworld said:

does this update comes with performance where user can play also normally in higher tile map if he customize the map ? if i'm not mistaken then every normal map have currently only 98304 tiles

"Only"?

I've never used even a twentieth of that space.

Am I doing something wrong??

9 hours ago, gabberworld said:

does this update comes with performance where user can play also normally in higher tile map if he customize the map ? if i'm not mistaken then every normal map have currently only 98304 tiles

i'm one of those player who want to have smaller maps.

How many screenshots you have seen from players who have used all this 98304 tiles?  i haven't seen a single one ( but i'm sure they exists, but are very rare)
Many people just dig out the map and leave everything empty - that makes not much sense to me, i want to use the available space.
So, for me, smaller but more denser maps would be great in the new DLC. (this would also help performance)

Man, again, it's probably nothing but staging is ahead, updates have slowed, and the dev/demo branches have had fewer than what feels like normal of pushes this week. Either it's a slow week, they just finished a sprint, or... we're getting ready for news :D

9 hours ago, ManiacMike said:

How many screenshots you have seen from players who have used all this 98304 tiles?  i haven't seen a single one ( but i'm sure they exists, but are very rare)
Many people just dig out the map and leave everything empty - that makes not much sense to me, i want to use the available space.
So, for me, smaller but more denser maps would be great in the new DLC. (this would also help performance)

you can get smaller map very easy without allot work, go inside "OxygenNotIncluded_Data\StreamingAssets\worldgen\worlds" folder then make copy any file at there where you want smaller map. for example the Volcanic.yaml  after that open your copy with text editor and then make numbers smaller at

worldsize:
  X: 256
  Y: 384

10 hours ago, ManiacMike said:

Like @gabberworld  said, you can shrink the generation of the maps.
But you also can download in the WorkShop (steam) a mod named "MiniBase"

You start in space with a tiny amount of material, (random or custom). it's pretty challenging, if you ask me.

Archived