Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

1 hour ago, Beowulfe said:

Just to throw one more little SteamDB update in here... This is a couple days old and mostly just a follow-up to what's been already posted (the public branch has now been sync'd with the release branch, which definitely is a good sign for some interesting things coming soon), but just to show it a little more clearly thought I'd post this image - I assume it's either in private testing now or they're just waiting for the upcoming week to push news?! (it's a good idea to *not* push things to live on a Friday evening in case of problems):

https://steamdb.info/app/457140/patchnotes/

1720549414_ONIPatchUpdates.thumb.png.d4e7117f6decb07a985437cbf487f508.png

my friend, you are late))

On 10/23/2020 at 8:43 PM, aresd said:

OH MY GOD...............

2020-10-23_20-42-42.png

2020-10-23_20-45-14.png

+

1589212624985.jpg

Don't worry folks. This week, next week or the week after. Don't think it will be longer. And they will not have this sitting around idle. If they do not release now, then they have some issues they want to fix before any kind of beta/early access. So far Klei has done an excellent job of prioritizing things, even if that means some not really important stuff basically starves in the bug-queue. 

Just wanted to say to all the developers at Klei - I've seen some of the late times that updates have been pushed to the branches over the last week (I think some were even pushed over the weekend), and as a fellow programmer, I know how tough things can get when it comes down to the wire (or at least when there's a target you'd like to hit). I suspect a good number of you are working late right now.

Wanted to let you know that even if this isn't you guys winding up for DLC announcements/betas/release/etc., we appreciate all the work you're putting in, it's not going unnoticed by the community. You guys are awesome. :D

4 hours ago, Beowulfe said:

Just wanted to say to all the developers at Klei - I've seen some of the late times that updates have been pushed to the branches over the last week (I think some were even pushed over the weekend), and as a fellow programmer, I know how tough things can get when it comes down to the wire (or at least when there's a target you'd like to hit). I suspect a good number of you are working late right now.

Wanted to let you know that even if this isn't you guys winding up for DLC announcements/betas/release/etc., we appreciate all the work you're putting in, it's not going unnoticed by the community. You guys are awesome. :D

Let me add to that.
People seem not to understand how it works. Programs don't fall on programmer's lap from the sky. It's hard work.

It's inevitable that the sooner something is released, the lower the quality. More bugs, lower performance, etc. Putting pressure on the devs is never a good idea. early, solid, complete: choose two.

Guys, I think you are overly optimistic. The DLC won't be released in the coming weeks. In the original post the devs have said that they will post updates once they have something more to show. And they haven't yet. So the DLC is still far away.

The branches on Steam might simply mean the devs are testing intrastructure - interaction of the DLC with vanilla game.

2 hours ago, TheMule said:

Let me add to that.
People seem not to understand how it works. Programs don't fall on programmer's lap from the sky. It's hard work.

It's inevitable that the sooner something is released, the lower the quality. More bugs, lower performance, etc. Putting pressure on the devs is never a good idea. early, solid, complete: choose two.

Or the third path: Iterative progress, which is what Klei has historically done, and which most people are okay with, I think.

Consider: bugs are fine, as long as they're not game-breaking (read, crashes). Perf being suboptimal may not matter. Player feedback can help identify what's mustfix, how to identify wontfix, and how to prioritize issues between those two.

3 minutes ago, TheMule said:

If I do bug hunting for 8+ hours, my brain hurts. If I do that all the week, Friday night it's zombie night, only that I'm the zombie. :) 

sometime ago i hunt 2 years the network exploit in app. hackers know how todo that and they trolling with that at every year , they not todo that everyday because they not wanted that its been fixed . so i just needed wait how exactly they todo that by using debug.

because code was so big it was impossible track by self this down

31 minutes ago, Orty97 said:

I love how many programers there are in this thread! 

Java = Love :3

I mean, this game is legos for adults, where troubleshooting and optimizing is most of the gameplay :)

Makes sense it would draw mechanical/engineering/developing mindsets, it's why we do what we do :)

25 minutes ago, spkthed said:

I mean, this game is legos for adults

Lego as a company markets itself mostly to children and younger teenagers. But their main market is really adults. Who else has the money to buy all those expensive sets? Adults don't necessarily play with the sets, but like the building aspect. Or use them as display sets

4 minutes ago, simonchvz said:

My first kid shows up next month, and now I have to choose?!?  Tough break kiddo, welcome to 2020...

From experience, let them nap on you while you're playing ONI :)

Get your cuddles in, and you get to do something fun at the same time.

Archived