Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

23 minutes ago, Sebastiangperez said:

Its time for some news .... at least a Sneak Peek. 

No sneak peaks! I’d rather it actually be released sooner:

On 9/16/2020 at 5:10 PM, JoeW said:

In addition, time spent documenting and presenting early information about upcoming DLC takes time from that development, more time before it can release.

Let Klei work their magic; we’ll be waist deep in radioactive pee water soon enough :D

7 hours ago, spkthed said:

Yeah. We got our midway report of no news. Now we wait, and speculate :D

Well look on the bright side. The year is ending and most likely we will get an update before it does. I'm hoping for a spring 2021 release date tbh. :D

10 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Let Klei work their magic; we’ll be waist deep in radioactive pee water soon enough :D

I wonder: Will dupes producing that water work faster because they are glowing and hence work in light, or will they be slower because that glow is waking them up all night and makes them unrested?

9 minutes ago, Lutzkhie said:

2 months and a few weeks, I wonder when will they post the announcement, reveal, trailer, and early access to new DLC

..or announcement of a new date transfer))

4 hours ago, crbd115 said:

honestly im kinda worried that when they say "we will get it in your hands this year..." means we will have the early access out by dec 31 

You know, that would be entirely fine by me. 

Hey, I would be 100% OK if they released it  31 dec 2021 - as long as it is good, it is worth waiting for. The only thing I fear is that they will rush to release it this year and as a result it will be unfinished and bad.

Also, 2 weeks ago they said there were nothing to announce then, and that they have no idea when they finish, so I wouldn't expect any other update in upcomming weeks. Maybe they will say something more around November

1 hour ago, Sebastiangperez said:

For me is very tedious create hydrogen and oxygen liquid , i hope that they change the mechanics and we can have a machine that can do that. 

I hope they do not, I love the current mechanics and the fact that I have to create a complicated machine to make liquid hydrogen and LOX. I personally wish there we more complicated things I could create that would have advantages like a Crude>Sour Gas>Methane Boiler/Condenser. If they do make a machine(s) that make liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen, they will need to balance it appropriately.

Liquid Hydrogen and Liquid Oxygen are fun to make, kinda. Hooking them to space, before space materials however is not. I think it's objectively fine to say that - you do it a couple of times and it gets boring. Then the waiting. 

Once you have space materials it becomes more interesting but still painful/annoying. It'd be cool if it was like petroleum - use the machine and get 1/3rd efficiency, or DIY and get more.

3 hours ago, gabberworld said:

problem is if they make game too easy i get bored very fast.

If you make more challenging like researching other machines that makes both of them and you need more space reseach.

Another thing that i would like to see is a force field so you can deal with asteroids.

14 hours ago, Sebastiangperez said:

If you make more challenging like researching other machines that makes both of them and you need more space reseach.

That's not a challenge. It's just waiting for more research

I think oni should at least give a nudge to the player what can he do.

Not things like : get steel, make at+st heat deletion, etc. I am talking about teasing the creativity of the player. By that i mean a bit of text with the buildings like : this cute machine does the job but couldn't it be done better or more efficient or whatever in some other way? Just to imply there are better ways if you are willing to risk failing and learning in the process.

I wouldn't really mind some buildings with a loss of material in some cases. Just so you can do it until you figure it out. But yeah, some people might just accept the loss and not try to build sth, which is what the game is all about IMO. Alas you will never be able to please everyone :(

P.S. radioactive puke in DLC or I'll riot :)

23 hours ago, Steve8 said:

That's not a challenge. It's just waiting for more research

I wish klei would provide a way that makes it possible to add research with mods, right now mods that add research are often incompatible with other mods that add research because of different implementation.

1 hour ago, Rainbowdesign said:

I wish klei would provide a way that makes it possible to add research with mods, right now mods that add research are often incompatible with other mods that add research because of different implementation.

I'd *love* a deeper research tree. Currently research is just 'get stable, then wait for research to complete and don't run out of water.' It'd be rad if (deep in the tree) there were projects involved. 'Have 100KG of liquid Oxygen', raise morale to +20 for 3 engineers (for rec buildings), have on-hand 3 'end-game' food types (for food research), etc.

1 hour ago, spkthed said:

I'd *love* a deeper research tree. Currently research is just 'get stable, then wait for research to complete and don't run out of water.' It'd be rad if (deep in the tree) there were projects involved. 'Have 100KG of liquid Oxygen', raise morale to +20 for 3 engineers (for rec buildings), have on-hand 3 'end-game' food types (for food research), etc.

Well, that or something. Research is not a major challenge as it is now. But as the DLC will have colonies, they can add a whole bunch of "phase II" research now that you cannot do before having colonies. And they can put some pretty desirable and important stuff in there. 

Coming up!

Hallowed Nights is coming up next month and we really wanted to focus on the content update so we aren't making a lot of changes to it this year, but we will have a little bit of new stuff and some fun new Hallowed Nights Skins.

The team is working hard on the next big update we're calling "Forgotten Knowledge". We're keeping this all under wraps for now, but we'll have more details as we get closer to the October content update. Maybe this little teaser will be enough to hold you over until then. 

silhouette_know.png

THIS is all i expect while waiting for this DLC. This brings up some discussion, fuels our hype, brings at least something new and doesnt cost much for devs IMO

Why not do something like that for ONI? Little tiny teaser? Klei? Please? Anyway i will still quietly refresh this page every day like i was doing for so long already .)

16 minutes ago, t0panka said:

THIS is all i expect while waiting for this DLC. This brings up some discussion, fuels our hype, brings at least something new and doesnt cost much for devs IMO

Why not do something like that for ONI? Little tiny teaser? Klei? Please? Anyway i will still quietly refresh this page every day like i was doing for so long already .)

Do you have the original post of this ??? 

Archived