Oxygen Not Included DLC Roadmap July 2020

NA Depot is the 'base' game. They updated the public branch a couple of hours ago which means today we'll likely see SOME update. Could be hotfix, could be prep for the DLC, could be the non-DLC base game update they promised. Who knows.

The Expansions are (likely) DLC. Branch info out there means it's becoming official. Doesn't mean we'll get DLC today, but building on Joe's comment... might be news about it today :)

The DLC being bigger than the base game though is SUPER exciting. Sounds like lots of fun new toys.

29 minutes ago, spkthed said:

The DLC being bigger than the base game though is SUPER exciting. Sounds like lots of fun new toys.

I think the DLC and the base game are both full executables, like two games. Most of it will be assets like graphics and sounds. 

3 hours ago, spkthed said:

Interesting. I guess that makes sense, but I'd have figured that assets would be deduped (tee hee).

No idea. Maybe you can install the DLC alone and then it downloads everything, but if you already have the base game, the download is much smaller? 

2 hours ago, Gurgel said:

No idea. Maybe you can install the DLC alone and then it downloads everything, but if you already have the base game, the download is much smaller? 

Remember that there is two things, the DLC and the Space Rework, i been saying that maybe the space rework will be the base game free update and the DLC will be the Nuclear, that's my thought because i think is like this:

If you have already the game, the space system needs to be reworked and the possibilities of multiple colonies must be the base game, the nuclear instead maybe its the addon that can allow you to travel distant worlds with new creatures, plants and materials. 

That's my point of view. 

I think the space update/multiple colony will be exclusive to the DLC. Current space isn’t broken, and is relatively straightforward with trip times and resource replenishment.

Now if they introduce changes to the rockets themselves, that may be in the base game. Depends if they change the existing rocket building or just add to it. I like how we can currently customize rockets for different purposes.

51 minutes ago, yoakenashi said:

I think the space update/multiple colony will be exclusive to the DLC. Current space isn’t broken, and is relatively straightforward with trip times and resource replenishment.

But , don't you think they change this because this way don't worked or is very weird the way that you have to build the rockets ? is like the old job board, worked for a while and they change it suddenly.?
I bet the multiple colonies can be part of the DLC with the Nuclear Update, but the Space rework maybe worked like now but with new rockets and the new map. 

53 minutes ago, Steve8 said:

They probably want to put at least the new rockets into the base game. Maintaining two very different versions with different game systems is not such a good idea

Plus the rockets, as-is, are annoying/frustrating. Smoothing that curve a bit would go a long way, even with the rest of the current system.

1 hour ago, MarcinW said:

Pandemic world outside does not look so good at the moment, so I hope DLC will arrive soon, so I can stay locked home looking after my dupes for till next summer at least. 

Same here. May well take longer though, the first vaccines are not very likely to have high effectiveness. Best we can hope for is they reduce the risk of a bad case significantly.

22 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

That is how I read the announcement. Base game will get detail fixes, but only minor additions. Just buy the DLC, the price will be laughably low for what it offers.

10 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

That is how I read the announcement. Base game will get detail fixes, but only minor additions. Just buy the DLC, the price will be laughably low for what it offers.

Even if they charge as much as the original game, it would still be a steal for the amount of time/amusement this game offers. No other game I have has managed to absorb as many hours as this game has. I'm on 1900+ now, closing on my big 2k.

18 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I hope it's a minimum of $25 and that they find other ways to monetize new content.

I think the DLC will be released in the autumn Steam sale. It is foolish not to use such an excuse to increase sales, but according to the rules of Steam, you cannot set a discount earlier than three months from the product release.

The second question that worries me is testing. Updates were usually released raw and tested by enthusiasts for several weeks. But this cannot be done with DLC, since it is paid. How will Klei test DLC? On your own? Open early access to DLC for everyone who bought the game? Selling a pre-order for the DLC and giving them a test? The latter is most logical, but then it would be high time to announce to publish the news about the pre-order sale.

Sorry for google translation.

5 hours ago, Alexander Block said:

The second question that worries me is testing. Updates were usually released raw and tested by enthusiasts for several weeks. But this cannot be done with DLC, since it is paid. How will Klei test DLC?

Don't Starve Hamlet and Shipwrecked were tested through early access, Klei is usually pretty good about testing DLC.

Just to throw one more little SteamDB update in here... This is a couple days old and mostly just a follow-up to what's been already posted (the public branch has now been sync'd with the release branch, which definitely is a good sign for some interesting things coming soon), but just to show it a little more clearly thought I'd post this image - I assume it's either in private testing now or they're just waiting for the upcoming week to push news?! (it's a good idea to *not* push things to live on a Friday evening in case of problems):

https://steamdb.info/app/457140/patchnotes/

1720549414_ONIPatchUpdates.thumb.png.d4e7117f6decb07a985437cbf487f508.png

Archived