Return of Them Beta: She Sells Sea Shells

11 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

[[Snip]]

I'm tired of this kind of disrespect to Klei, putting effort on a new boss and cool content just to somebody like you make those comments.

Yes it is a new boss, another boss that probably you have to fight in raid against them, another extra content in this game for have some fun or challenge yourself to do this kind of content with your friends, yes, this is a new tick, another optional tick, and I'm okay with it, this game purpose is make you feel acomplished with these kind of bosses, Weaver, Queen and almost every raid boss is done to make an accomplishment that bears sometimes little difference, even for somebody who prides in keep this game "Uncompromising" as possible, I still can't believe people doesn't reach that this game always was high risk/low reward, always this game is for extra content, you can go to caves if you want, you aren't obliged, there's a ruin with cool stuff that is actually inferior to most gear you can get, you can go out and sail the seas, entirely optional, still bears nice rewards though!
Or you can play with the not-so-classic 4 seaons this game already provides you, which are a real tick and you can always get creative and manage you own way to make it less insufferable, after that the game tells you "Go on, get some stuff to do already, you have done the season task, now manage yourself and do optional things you feel like.", this game doesn't want want to enforce you a difficuly, this game makes you to do their work, because the game tries to make it flexible so everyone can enjoy the game, but seems you can't because you have done everything already, Klei doesn't want to point a gun to the player and do new stuff, you do it by yourself, even with the minimal task of going to caves is a task you are doing optionally, this is what is, Don't Starve Together, an Uncompromising Survival Game, with no tutorials, just you, and maybe some friends to try and learn how to play, it is a task yes, I even entered in a pub to play with new players and they died by darkness, the same thing it happened to almost all of us, a new game to discover, you have already discovered and exploited everything you can, this is why you don't appreciate Klei efforts to make new content, because it's not core anymore, it's optional, Klei has to grab a variety of players, going from people who already played the game for a big chunk of their time and people that just started some days ago.

I really hope the game adds some a little of core content as you do, but I'm really happy with those new changes to make the game feel more lively, just please don't discard them like that.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 14

1 hour ago, Neutral_Steve said:

-snip-

As much as I'd love to see the core gameplay loop get some additional content, I'm totally fine with optional content. Having other things to do and other means of doing things is great. The main concern here is worth. Things like the caves/ruins are technically optional but they tend to grant new items that are rather powerful—thus desired to be sought out.

It's true the ocean is a bit bland right now, but that's definitely due to it being new and still getting filled out. Ultimately though, there's only a handful of "desirable" new things. Avocados & the Salt Box are the first to come to mind. Fishing isn't that great a food source, Gnarwail's aren't convenient to hunt & the horn (and now trident) aren't all that useful, Malbatross' drop just feeds back into the ocean content—it's nice they spawn as a threat now via fishing, but again, ocean fishing isn't that great. 

The Crabby Hermit content is super cool. It's something fresh and new, it's in-game storytelling and lore, etc etc. Thing is, the items from it are fishing related, so all together not super useful as a survival tool. Crab King is an epic boss, a bit clunky since boat combat is weird, but the gem-socketing feature for a modular-type boss is sweet. But again, just fighting him for the trident is hardly worth it. The effort put in hardly equates to the reward, and we're not even talking about the pearl yet...

To get the "real" drop from Crab King you have to completely finish the Crabby Hermit's "quests" in order to obtain the pearl—which makes the Crab King fight more difficult to ultimately end up with the Moon Crown. Currently, this seems to be incomplete, so there's no saying whether it's worth it or not in the end, but it would need to be something seriously valuable to actually make me want to fight them.

It's really just trying to "validate" the effort, time, and resources (and risk). It feels like in a lot of cases the effort outweighs the reward and so the [optional] challenges fall flat. Things to only attempt simply for the sake of it, and not for an actual benefit. It's the reason why things like Deerclops are great challenges because the benefit is not dying. Something like Moose is optional but they aren't insanely difficult for the loot granted: a versatile weapon (useful against particular enemies/bosses) and/or a tool for surviving the following season. Bee Queen is a considerable foe but Bundling Wrap is extremely powerful that it's justified. As it stands, this isn't something I'm feeling as much with the ocean content, but especially so when it comes to the bosses.

With risk & reward in harmony the optional content can be perfectly fine.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 4

@Jason Sir i found new bug.

First build four ships to enclose the king crab, and then build a combustible building (wooden wall, small wooden sign) near the king crab. Do not build a combustible building on the ship you stand on. Then use a star stick to ignite the combustible building. At this time, the fire extinguisher Start working, then the king crab will be frozen, then just stand and beat him.

This was done without embedding the king crab with gems.In other words, you can knock down the king crab without putting gems.Please fix this bug.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ogrecakes said:

So is there anything of substance or is it just more time wasters, like every other update?

Anything affect the core game or challenge at all?

edit: Ah, I see, another optional non threatening boss that provides trash drops and only serves as another tick on the "Im bored because theres no actual deep content, so time to fight some pointless boss" checklist.

Wisely done Klei, im sure people won't get bored of this like every other update thats done this.

This is pretty disrespectful to be honest with you... do you NOT understand why they are designing game content in this Way? 

Because if you don’t I can explain it to you all within this one new update She Sells Seashells as an excellent example.

You can help and interact with Hermit Crablady and live peacefully there interacting with & her doing Casual player stuff..

OR You can go socket the most powerful hard to obtain gems in the game into the Crab Kings Shell & fight him in his most powerful form.

A fight that depending on what items you socket will make the fight easier or harder to do.

It allows New player content to co-exist in the same game world with Experienced player content.

And it’s an Idea I hope they’ll continue to explore and improve further upon with future updates. :) 

—————————————

The TL:DR- 

I want to be able to play this game with my Noobie friend and us both have fun playing, but at the same time I want something exciting and challenging I can be doing that doesn’t effect my friends personal experience.

And this She Sells Seashells Update is an Excellent example as to how that could work.

Could you imagine if this Crab King just Randomly picked a fight with YOU anytime you built a boat and tried to go sailing?? Yeah I’m pretty certain you’d retract your statements about it being optional. ha ha

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

这不是设置。他们只是改变了游戏加载纹理的方式。

thank you for your reply.have a nice day friend:)

49 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

老实说,这是很不敬的……您不明白他们为什么以此方式设计游戏内容吗? 

因为如果您不这样做,我可以在一个新的更新中向大家解释,她出售贝壳就是一个很好的例子。

您可以与隐士克拉伯迪(Hermit Crablady)进行帮助和互动,并在那里与她和休闲玩家互动和平共处。

或者,您可以将最强大的玩家从游戏中获取宝石,并放入Crab Kings Shell中,并以他最强大的形式与他战斗。

取决于您插入哪些物品的战斗将使战斗更容易或更难。

它允许新玩家内容与经验丰富的玩家内容共存于同一游戏世界中。

这是一个构想,我希望他们在以后的更新中继续探索和改进。 :) 

——————————————

TL:DR- 

我希望能够与我的Noobie朋友一起玩这个游戏,我们俩都玩得很开心,但同时我希望我能做的令人兴奋和具有挑战性的事情不会影响我朋友的个人经历。

而她的《卖贝壳更新》就是一个很好的例子。

您能想象一下,如果您在造船并尝试航行时,这位螃蟹国王是否随便与您打架了吗?是的,我敢肯定,您会撤回有关可选性的声明。哈哈

What you said is very good.We need experienced players and new players to be interested in the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, joker177 said:

This is simply awesome!bro.Maybe soon we will be able to buy a comprehensive package of skins for drops, including queen bee hats and walrus hats.I'm so happy, klei is awesome!I can't wait to buy XD

Clean sweeper? what is the use of that thing ?

Why does Pearl keep telling me that the ocean is full of junk? I got rid of all the sunken sea junk around her island. I picked up all the seeds and bottles nearby, burned all the kelp, mined most the sea stacks. Still too much junk? But there's nothing left ;-;

jUnK.png

• Haha 3
  • Sad 3

To be honest I kind of love the concept of the Crab King being just some ordinary giant stone crab hiding in its shell until the survivors out gems inside of it. crab_king_idle.thumb.gif.fe9d6825e51a22d41795bcbd46310147.thumb.gif.f30724ae712f4bb78e6b784df2281057.gif(could it possibly be a relative to the pebble crab?) 1215514783_download-2020-04-17T084909_724.jpeg.77cc1a448154712bf7d6647fb12178d2.jpegHeck I'm surprised so many people predicted that it would be a boss! It's even more cool how the Crab King is a magic user, using the magic to summon rocks and additional limbs at its will!       (Plus I Gotta love how intimidating that face is!)crab_king_cast.thumb.gif.cf966e277c2f08dfd07d81fcd65d4426.thumb.gif.0776357b8997b1114397f544231d0733.gif

I really like about the concept of fighting the boss is that it's kind of like a "do it yourself" type of fight, or a "you pick the rules fight" If you want a easy fight just to simply tell your friends saying Hey! "I beat the fight" then you could probably just put which gem you think would be easier, if you want to just challenge yourself to the extreme and go through a massive bullethell (excuse me for my language) then you can do that!

Edited by Superwolfkid
  • Like 9

How the new boat patch work ? With the same item I can fix holes and fix boat's hp ?

I have a boat very low hp, with full stuff on it, a real house. How does it work now ? I take a patch and apply it on the boat ? It gives hp ? How much ?

2 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

How do you wake up the crab king to fight him?

socket gems onto him until he wakes up. Apparently it's intended to have him use the pearl that you get from the crab lady into one of his sockets. 

I'm unsure on how you get the pearl, perhaps by being nice to her?

37 minutes ago, Moonatik said:

How the new boat patch work ? With the same item I can fix holes and fix boat's hp ?

I have a boat very low hp, with full stuff on it, a real house. How does it work now ? I take a patch and apply it on the boat ? It gives hp ? How much ?

It patches leaks and heals hp, though i dunno how much. And yes, it can be used to heal without leaks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moonatik said:

you can fix hp with twigs and wood but th new patches could heal too and also heals the boat wihen you fix a hole

• Thanks 1

I absolutely love the Hermit crab and the crab king, the new items their concepts, and designs are just simply everything about it! it's very obvious so many talented people (well duh if you people at Klei weren't talented we wouldn't have this beautiful game.) worked hard on them and i'm excited to see what happens next with the return of them

also this will be probably me when trying to find the hermit crab.

Jack_and_Sinking_Jolly_Mon_COTBP.jpg

Edited by JR2417
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, JR2417 said:

I absolutely love the Hermit crab and the crab king, the new items their concepts, and designs are just simply everything about it! it's very obvious so many talented people (well duh if you people at Klei weren't talented we wouldn't have this beautiful game.) worked hard on them and i'm excited to see what happens next with the return of them

also this will be probably me when trying to find the hermit crab.

Jack_and_Sinking_Jolly_Mon_COTBP.jpg

that pic resumes my attempt against crab king xD

• Haha 3