Return of Them Beta: She Sells Sea Shells

53 minutes ago, joker177 said:

@Jason good afternoon sir.

At present, it seems that Crab King will only cause damage to the ship I hope he can do the same to the player 

Otherwise we only need to make the hull of a backpack to fight him.

After a lot of testing, the only way to obtain pearls is to get a good friendship with pearls (the pearl is the name of the grandmother) and you will be given a pearl, so there is a 350,000 blood that is a bug. Why can you see from the Stickers, only one pearl Stickers is displayed The slot does not show, that is, the normal king crab can only hit 65000. The king crab with nine pearls will collapse after a while. The king crab with two pearls will also collapse.please check it.

1 hour ago, joker177 said:

@Jason good afternoon sir.

At present, it seems that Crab King will only cause damage to the ship I hope he can do the same to the player 

Otherwise we only need to make the hull of a backpack to fight him.

i mean, shipwrecked was the same with it's bosses... you'll get half your inventory yeeted out and ressurection penalties if you drown

• Haha 1

Since the beta is only on PC I can only ask questions & hope someone can answer them for me.

Question 1- Can you get more than one Pearl from the Hermit CrabLady?

Question 2- If the answer to that is Yes.. has Anyone tried to Socket the Crab King Boss with nothing but Pearls yet?? I imagine that would be one absurdly overpowered extremely difficult boss fight.

Question 3- Is it difficult to obtain or craft that new clean sweeper thing? If it is I don’t really see that being a better Alternative to just gathering the required resources to make a new Abigail Flower or Bernie.

Question 4- What does the Boat Winch Thing do?? I imagine it being like a kit structure you can put on boat to play something like Crane Grab Mini-Game to obtain Ocean Loots.

Question 5- is the new Moon Island connected to the Lunar Islands... Or is this a new Area with its own unique mobs?

That is all the things I can think to ask for now.. Thanks! :) 

Edited by Mike23Ua

46 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

i mean, shipwrecked was the same with it's bosses... you'll get half your inventory yeeted out and ressurection penalties if you drown

I think there may be such a setting. The crab king with ordinary difficulty inlaid with each kind of common gemstone will only attack the ship, not the player.

And the hard mode crab king inlaid with pearls will attack players and ships.

1 hour ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

new question. what's the celestial tribute for, because me and my friend have tried and it currently just seems like a new version of the moon altar

It might add new crafts eventually, i think its unfinished at the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Since the beta is only on PC I can only ask questions & hope someone can answer them for me.

1) Most likely not, although having multiple people could probably allow that, except only one person gets to build Pearl's house and get quite a few friendship levels not requiring to bring her a plethora of fish.
2) Yes, you can insert more than 1 pearl into Crabking's crown however only 1 of them will be displayed. And yes, he's absurdly overpowered having 350,000 hp (Misery Toadstool has 99,999) and having an ability to almost instantly sink your boat. We did not get to check his other stages of fight since, well, the game just crashes.
3) It's rather easy to craft - you need 3 living logs and 6 dark petals. Exactly one Totally normal tree and its surrounding dark flowers. 
4) Your assumption is right. You can pull out seashell formations and treasure chests from the sea bottom using it.
5) Pearl's island spawns anywhere on the map, almost never connected by shallow water similar to Lunar Island.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, joker177 said:

@Jason  sir,please take a look at this dynamic picture I uploaded.

Is this the normal setting or use the bug?

bili_v_d_1587191327251.gif

I also found a bug.No need to set gems for the crab king.Can also attack him,The specific method is like this:First hit the king crab without any gems.

Activation method: (Star stick + fire extinguisher will freeze the king crab to start it), attack the king crab to a very low blood volume and then inlay pearls to it (the king crab will not return to blood, but it will be inactive State, then hit him with a fire extinguisher + ice stick).Please fix this bug that can attack Crab King without setting gems.There is also the bug of using a fire extinguisher with the star staff.Just like in the picture.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Question 2- If the answer to that is Yes.. has Anyone tried to Socket the Crab King Boss with nothing but Pearls yet?? I imagine that would be one absurdly overpowered extremely difficult boss fight.

You can put multiple Pearls in the Crab King, but it's not possible to get more than 1 Pearl without console commands.

• Thanks 2

@Jason Sir,I found another bug.When the favorability with the new npc rose until she gave me a pearl,The new exclusive production bar cannot be opened,please fix it.

Then I also have a few GIFs about using bugs to defeat Crab King,Please check it thanks.One of the bugs is to use the teleportation staff to teleport away the crab king with the ship before hitting the shore,Remember the direction of the boat and reach the shore, you will see the king crab brought to the shore and stuck,Then you can easily defeat him without being hurt,And the next time he refreshes normally, he refreshes on this shore,Please fix these bugs thanks.Other bugs are in the dynamic pictures I uploaded.

bili_v_1587208709270.gif

bili_v_1587208745587.gif

bili_v_1587208780472.gif

bili_v_1587208846940.gif

bili_v_1587208799346.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

You can put multiple Pearls in the Crab King, but it's not possible to get more than 1 Pearl without console commands.

That’s a shame, they should allow people who dedicate time to obtain multiple years worth of pearls to fight a truly OP tough as hell boss- those wanting challenge can fight the most OP Crab King EVER.. 

(Maybe Klei will make all bosses able to be upgraded-downgraded so you can choose the difficulty level provided.)

As someone who plays mostly Alone, I’m not interested in bosses meant for 6 player fights & I’d prefer it if I can place low end petty items as tributes for fights 1-2 people can enjoy & be provided with a fun, fair challenge.

I hope to see more bosses using this concept & some people will use lowest tier version battle.

(I get this Idea from Ark Survival Evolved & how you can place certain amount of items into Obelisk to choose if you want to fight Alpha, Gamma or Beta version boss.)

For PC I’m pretty sure you can just Admin command bosses to have lower or higher health & damage thresholds. An Idea like this will really only effect people playing on PS4, Xbox & those on PC who want to play the game Legit without Commands.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, joker177 said:

@Jason Sir,I found another bug.When the favorability with the new npc rose until she gave me a pearl,The new exclusive production bar cannot be opened,please fix it.

Then I also have a few GIFs about using bugs to defeat Crab King,Please check it thanks.One of the bugs is to use the teleportation staff to teleport away the crab king with the ship before hitting the shore,Remember the direction of the boat and reach the shore, you will see the king crab brought to the shore and stuck,Then you can easily defeat him without being hurt,And the next time he refreshes normally, he refreshes on this shore,Please fix these bugs thanks.Other bugs are in the dynamic pictures I uploaded.

bili_v_1587208709270.gif

bili_v_1587208745587.gif

bili_v_1587208780472.gif

bili_v_1587208846940.gif

bili_v_1587208799346.gif

you're using freecrafting, you can't see it with freecrafting.

37 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

you're using freecrafting, you can't see it with freecrafting.

In the middle and later stages of the game, these can be done without creative modes, and these bugs are real. They need to be fixed.

9 minutes ago, joker177 said:

In the middle and later stages of the game, these can be done without creative modes, and these bugs are real. They need to be fixed.

Please post bugs in the bugs section of the forums.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/dont-starve-together-return-of-them/

(It would also help if you provide Klei with the data files for your game save so they can directly observe EXACTLY what you did or didn’t do.. & know how to fix that.) Yes they have the power and tools to do that! It’s so amazing :D 

However.. Since I don’t properly remember the steps to doing that.. I would hate to Misinform you. So I will gladly ping a Developer that can maybe further assist you in this matter. Thanks :) 

@JoeW

Edited by Mike23Ua

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Please post bugs in the bugs section of the forums. (It would also help if you provide Klei with the data files for your game save so they can directly observe EXACTLY what you did or didn’t do.. & know how to fix that.) Yes they have the power and tools to do that! It’s so amazing :D 

However.. Since I don’t properly remember the steps to doing that.. I would hate to Misinform you. So I will gladly ping a Developer that can maybe further assist you in this matter. Thanks :) 

@JoeW

Thank you for your reminding, because I habitually report bugs in discussion posts,Next time I will post directly to the bug feedback forum. 

• Like 1

Hey guys, when will this content hit the regular DST? (Not beta)

Also, will this be included in a world I already have? I have a 1200+ day world that I don't want to throw out just because there's a new update I can't access

Edited by cemoguz
forgot the rest of the question