Return of Them Beta: She Sells Sea Shells

10 minutes ago, CactusCompanion said:

kleipls give the survivors multiple quotes for the crabby hermit depending on friendship level........PLEASEbut if that's a bit too hard i understand

Sounds time intensive but maybe later on the roadmap? Especially if they plan to reuse the mechanic on future npcs?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joker177 said:

In the middle and later stages of the game, these can be done without creative modes, and these bugs are real. They need to be fixed.

when you use freecrafting extra tabs such as "cartography", "fishing" and the hermit's tab get hidden back by the sculpt tab because they share the spot, it's a technicality but that means it won't happen on the actual game regardless of the stage you're in inside the game if you don't use a tackle receptacle or a potter's wheel right besides the crab lady

2 minutes ago, JosePapp said:

when you use freecrafting extra tabs such as "cartography", "fishing" and the hermit's tab get hidden back by the sculpt tab because they share the spot, it's a technicality but that means it won't happen on the actual game regardless of the stage you're in inside the game if you don't use a tackle receptacle or a potter's wheel right besides the crab lady

I actually had my trading tab disappear after the latest update, as well as Pearl's text becoming white instead of purple, even though i was at high friendship levels with her.

• Sad 1

Very cool update i know that there's still a lot of stuff to be worked on until the update is launched officially, but i've also got an awesome idea for the crab king:
-Dark oyster: Obtained in the same way as sunken teasures, but only during night, and having higher chances of being found during moon, and they're giant oysters which can be carried around, and a player can give it a pearl, that after some in-game days the oyster will turn this pearl into a dark pearl
-Dark pearl: obtained from shadow oyster, it can be socketed to the king crab in the same way, but the effects won't be the same...
-Possesed crab king: An even harder version of the king crab, turned from king crab once a dark pearl is socketed instead of a regular one, in this form crab king eyes turn black with the pupil red, it's legs will get really extended, making him able to walk around, whitout staying in the same place, and even walk on land, once defeated his legs would return to the original size and he would do the regular defeat animation.
  His attacks will stay almost the same, but he can now do a melee attack with his claws, and he no longer have to restore it's shell as smaller crab claws comes out of it to keep repairing it instead, not sure about how will the geyser and imposing claw attacks would work on land, i guess that crab king would only use spells that work on land in this case, like the chilling one.
  Of course that all of this would be worth an exclusive loot different from the original king crab, i'm just not sure about what could it be, and there would possibly be a way of obtaining more than 1 pearl, or the dark oyster would require another item instead

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

I was checking out the beta and this happened :shock:

20200418165616_1.jpg

20200418170555_1.jpg

This looks to be an amusing effect of the "overlapping biomes" bug I've noticed recently. Sometime in one of the updates, something happened to world generation that started causing branches to begin overlapping. The lunar island is actually generated like any other biome, but has an "ocean biome" as a border between it and the rest of the world. If you look at the savanna biome there, you can see a rather unnatural cutoff, and that same cutoff can be seen on the archipelago.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Does anyone know if the new skin switching item works on critters?

Yes it does. Had quite some derpy fun changing a friend's Kittykit skin from Snowy to Black and write in chat that their cat got dirty again :-D

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Wait you can change other's critters? That doesn't seem intentional.

I don't know if it's intentional, but this also means then that we can get pet skins we don't actually own. Just like "hey, can you hop on my server to build a nice alchemy?", just with critters.

Changing others' pets' skin sounds super fun tho :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I don't know if it's intentional, but this also means then that we can get pet skins we don't actually own. Just like "hey, can you hop on my server to build a nice alchemy?", just with critters.

Changing others' pets' skin sounds super fun tho :D

It also sounds like a way to be a complete arse to someone. Just changing their pet's skin when they don't want you to.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terra M Welch said:

It also sounds like a way to be a complete arse to someone. Just changing their pet's skin when they don't want you to.

Don't know if is intended or not - the use on objects not made by yourself; probably is. Yet on the bright side: is very simple to change it back, at a proverbial wave of a wand - as Clean Sweeper has infinite uses and can be made easily. At most can be a temporary minor annoyance.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, cemoguz said:

When is this hitting the live servers?

Also, will this be added to our preexisting worlds?

We don't have an ETA, so it's probably going to arrive either on 23rd, or 30th of April. 
Yes, this will be retrofitted to already existing words once it hits live.

So i made a copy of my current world and moved it to beta (change the folders name) and somehow the new island has sea stacks spawning in the middle of the island it and I cant interact with anything on it either. Is retrofitting in beta not available or imcomplete at the moment? I did the same with the first lunar islands update and it was perfectly fine.

6 hours ago, tiendat.1608011 said:

So i made a copy of my current world and moved it to beta (change the folders name) and somehow the new island has sea stacks spawning in the middle of the island it and I cant interact with anything on it either. Is retrofitting in beta not available or imcomplete at the moment? I did the same with the first lunar islands update and it was perfectly fine.

Had the same problem, the retrofitting for this update is still bugged for now. The islands image will spawn over already existing sea stacks, but the game considera that the island is sea so you can't land on it, and the crab hermit will be nowhere to be found. Also, the circular formation of sea stacks for the crab king doesn't seem to spawn in retrofitting currently.

Interestingly, while trying to retrofit the hermit island into the old world map, it seems to try to put it into the corners of the map.

Edited by UnknowX

1 minute ago, Diaboliko said:

Life is too short to wait for this info on wiki; whats that in the end of update trailer?

The Celestial Tribute. You get it from completing the Crabby Hermit & Crab King questline. At the moment, it's just a one-piece Celestial Altar that's harder to get, but it will no doubt get more crafting recipes added to it in future updates.