All Setpieces: A Guide To The Rare

Ok, so, I've been playing this game awhile and there are STILL set pieces I have missed or not run across ever. I just found one I'd never seen yesterday. 

There are the basic "I want these because they are awesome" set pieces like reed trap, queens gathering, developer graveyard, or guardian pig ones. Then there are the obscure ones that are just.... there..... like the patches of savannah in a grass turf biome. 

(This is the one I found for the first time yesterday!)

Killer Bee Hive Set Piece

So rare they are hardly seen:

Spoiler

Pig Cage Set Piece (DS, and DST)

image.jpeg.68622380ce5c5d7e2d8774ae367e4de4.jpeg (DS Only)

I'll put some rare ones here:

Spoiler

Spider Trap 1 (DST, DS)

Setpiece-CaveFridge (DS)

World 5 Nature 4 (DS)

Common'ish Set Pieces:

Spoiler

Bones Trap 1 (DS, and DST)

image.jpeg.05a52feb67ba2562dd6b94d828b4a99e.jpeg (DS, and DST)

image.jpeg.50eb82c564e95c1fcf7cc1f86990cae1.jpeg (DS, and DST)

image.jpeg.690ad338198df2eace4c958d76c2bf35.jpeg (DST, maybe DS)

There are ALOT more in the base game of DST, but unfortunately, I couldn't find them!

Please post some if you find more!

(Sorry about the  messed up spoilers, they are kinda' broken.... :( ) 

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

As much as I know, these are from Don't Starve and don't appear in Don't Starve Together at all.

Makes sense, I have NEVER seen these in DST and it doesn't really specify which version they are on. (They really need to fix it....)

I'd like to see the chance of a set piece appearing on a map increased. We have been playing for a while now and it's been extremely rare for us to get any set piece on our maps. As a matter of fact, the only one I can remember was the giant square of Hound Mounds set piece which we got in the Oasis Desert on our last Offline map.

I may have got a Clockwork set piece on one of my solo maps about 6 months or so ago, but I'm not sure if it was an actual set piece or just a big pack of Clockworks.

THE SPOILERS ARE SOOOOO BROKEN!!!!!!

Edit: Had to delete the spoilers and redo everything...... (Well at least they are fixed)

3 minutes ago, Dunk Mujunk said:

I'd like to see the chance of a set piece appearing on a map increased. We have been playing for a while now and it's been extremely rare for us to get any set piece on our maps. As a matter of fact, the only one I can remember was the giant square of Hound Mounds set piece which we got in the Oasis Desert on our last Offline map.

I may have got a Clockwork set piece on one of my solo maps about 6 months or so ago, but I'm not sure if it was an actual set piece or just a big pack of Clockworks.

I agree there is a set-piece that is so rare in particular I've seen it ONCE in DST

Pig Cage Set Piece

This set piece is SOOOO rareeee I hate it....

Only picture I could find of the Hound Mound set piece. It was a bit strange as it spawned in the Oasis Biome, I figured it would spawn in the DragonFly Desert-

113px-Mounds.png

And now that I think about it we do get the SpiderNest/RockyBiome set piece somewhat regularly, if that even is a set piece (seems like it is). But thats about the only one.

22 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

(This is the one I found for the first time yesterday!)

9 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

I've seen it ONCE in DST

:?

I've seen a few rare ones I think you can find moggles, a log suit and a morning star underground.

while aboveground you can find treeguards around a miner hat and another log suit often found in the desert but I think I've found one in the graveyard.

I could be wrong but I think there is also the crushed wizard set piece in DST? I think I remember seeing it in DST.

and lastly I think the rarest set piece I've seen is a icebox, alchemy engine, and a fur roll underground but kinda think someone just put it there.

48 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

This is the one i don't understand. I keep seeing it everywhere, is this some kind of secret code or other thingy?

I have NO idea, it's one of the more common set pieces alongside hound staffs. But yeah, it is wierd I've always wondered what it was from 

\__("/)__/

Are dead survivors considered set pieces? Whatever. I found a marble suit set piece - just a skeleton and a damaged marble suit.

The walking cane set piece is a godsend if you find it early - just a skeleton and walking cane.

The other day I found one set piece in the beefalo biome that had an ice staff, 3 beard hairs, and one of the puffy vest variants.

These all seem to be pretty darn rare.

17 minutes ago, Wesbie said:

Fortunately, I was lucky to have this one in my current world, but what should I do with it?

I use mine as a player prison.  Put a telelocator focus in there and keep a telelocator staff on you when you have strangers in your world. If someone gets out of line, boom, timeout. 

5 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I use mine as a player prison.  Put a telelocator focus in there and keep a telelocator staff on you when you have strangers in your world. If someone gets out of line, boom, timeout. 

Stranger: *raids the chests, makes a telelocator staff, and teleports you.*
Stranger: get nae nae'd.

I think Klei should stop the random side of these set pieces. We should have as many as it could be possible in every world. Maybe have the entire list in the world settings, why not ? Give them to us ! 

Is there at least 1 set piece per biome ? Not always I guess, so it could be a good start. 

It's not the 1st thread about set pieces. And I'm sure we all want to see more of them. 

I've seen the tallfort set piece in DST semi-recently; I've seen the beefalo pen trap, checkerboard turf thing and obelisk/basalt prison in DST a few times, and I think the sleeping elemental hounds and staff at least once, but I'm not sure if they still generate. I know for a fact that the summer and winter trap setpieces used to generate in DST but were specifically taken out - that might have been either when it was in Early Access or shortly after it came out of beta - because you don't want some knucklehead ruining it for everyone that way.

17 minutes ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Same here, found one yesterday on european pub server, and they were right next to florid postern underground aswell which was rather strange.

Spoiler

chillyfriends.thumb.jpg.e6fc3b05467cc06f577119e7b687e7b9.jpg

I wonder if there's some sort of a pattern.
Perhaps the grassy biome is able to spawn any Surface setpiece.

Archived