Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2020

10 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

Why isn't it DST.... There won't be an update...?

It’s 6pm so most likely the update isn’t today. It could be next week or even the week after that.. but relax, The Month just started and we’ve got a few weeks to go before it ends.

I wouldn’t start hitting the “Everybody Panic Button” until March Expires and we somehow end up in Mid-April. 

Theres good news in this though: Good things always come to those who wait. 

2 hours ago, 1bubbainpa said:

This is just a flashback to the whole Wurt scenario.

God, that was hilarious.

Omg yes! I was there for it! Refreshing every 30 seconds, going to YouTube then the forums then back to YouTube AAAHHH it was GREATT!!!! Good times!

On 23.01.2020 at 7:48 PM, Jason said:

We'll be running this event till just after the middle of February. We'll have more details as we get closer to the end. 

It was never specified until the end of what year's February the event would last.

12 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Year of the Carrat reigns eternal! 

Your assumption could as well be correct, Axelocke.
May the Great Carrat be eternal.

23 hours ago, Axelocke said:

Year of the Carrat reigns eternal! 

image.png.36225aa277c4ab72287376027f413aab.png

And i'm personnaly really happy it lasted that long. Until further notice or change, we'll only get to play this event in like 10 years because of the way the chinese new year works. So no more carrat racing in new world if you are in default settings.

Farewell little racing carrats, you will be missed at some point.

49 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

And i'm personnaly really happy it lasted that long. Until further notice or change, we'll only get to play this event in like 10 years because of the way the chinese new year works. So no more carrat racing in new world if you are in default settings.

Farewell little racing carrats, you will be missed at some point.

I worry that the Racing stations won't function after the event ends. We might miss racing our orange friends sooner than we think. 

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pretty sure the nasty Corona Virus changed all their plans.

Don't even get me started on how nasty this virus is. When a government says not to panic you should start to panic. Get your supplies now people! 

30 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I worry that the Racing stations won't function after the event ends. We might miss racing our orange friends sooner than we think. 

Ya i was wondering the same question so i went on pc, went on a world that had winter feast (just so i would'nt be in carrat event) on and used creative mode to build everything from the carrat event. Sadly none of the training station were usuable and i wasn't able to make carrats race :(. Like i wasn't able to place carrat in them to even use them. The game was just not letting me. The carrat shrine indeed worked as specified by @fimmatek.

12 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Ya i was wondering the same question so i went on pc and spawn the stuff out of the event. Sadly none of the station were usuable and i wasn't able to make carrats race :(

I believe that shrines and race tracks already build will continue to work, so if you have at least one carrat shrine you would be able to race even after the event. Maybe without rewards, since lucky gold seems to be obtainable only during the chinese new year events. 

This is just my assumption tho, I don't think Klei said anything exact on that, but based on last years' events we can hope we can still race later too ;)

Btw, shrines from previous events are still useable, you just can't craft them anymore.

45 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Don't even get me started on how nasty this virus is. When a government says not to panic you should start to panic. Get your supplies now people! 

Spoiler

"I sense the disease in you."

5e66cc2d594f1_049moodemoji.png.23512e93bb3f57ddd67c97f1d72968d3.png

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Is it safe to assume that there won’t actually BE a Beta Phase for the next update & that maybe it will release simultaneously at the same time across all platforms this time? 

That would be great, but I suppose that's up to Sony/Microsoft to approve the update for their respective consoles. :?

It'd be nice for us all to experience an update together for once, for sure, as console player feedback would be just as valuable as PC feedback. :wilson_smile:

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Don't panic but also don't unerestimate the virus.

Wash your hands and try to avoid crowded places.

I know this isn't really the place for it, but the usual Flu tips aren't going to cut it for this. We're dealing with a lab made Biological Weapon that we don't fully understand yet. Prepare yourself to the fullest. 

Well while we wait for the next game update or an update to this 2020 Roadmap I figured we might as well move away from Corona Meme’s and discuss what we all would like to see in the game in 2020

For me the answer to that is quite simple. The first and most Important

#1- Without Sounding like a broken record repeating the same thing over and over.. I would like to see Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLC stuff Merged directly into DST.. 

It is NOT and NEVER has been full 100% DLC compatibility- It’s SW & Ham content but to an EXTREMELY LIMITED DEGREE- Identical in every way to how 

DST *now includes RoG content*

So to give a rough idea- A few Shipwrecked Biomes, & Playable Characters but without the Single Player Shipwrecked Boats or completely broken single player Items like the self Erupt-able Volcano. 

A handful Of SW Mobs, Like Ballphin, Sea Horror, Swordfish, Jellyfish, Palm Tree Guardian, Poison Snakes & Spider Warrior. And from Hamlet I would take few Biomes, Playable Characters, a few Ham features such as being able to own a property with an Actual Inside Interior. And a few Hamlet mobs & Features such as Kelpy, Elder Mandrakes, Scorpions & Booby Trapped loot Tombs.

DST *now Includes RoG, SW & Ham content*

They can adjust the price of the game for new purchasers to around 20$ to accommodate I guess.

(defiantly would not be the FIRST time a Dev team has increased the price of their game for all future new purchasers after adding more free content, State of Decay 2 has done it, Rainbow Siege did it, Ark Survival Evolved did it, Even Don’t Starve Solo did this during its beta phase already...!)

Okay.. Moving on.

#2- on my list is an actual DEEP SEA, I hate how the Ocean in DST is flat and peaceful all the time without any real threat or danger to it.. I want something out there that’s going to challenge my survival skills.

For example- adding Ocean Waves into the game, Waves moving TOWARDS the boat can be hit by the boat & will wash over it’s surface without damaging the boat but the player themselves need to move out of the way to avoid being hit by it & potentially washed off the edge. Waves moving AWAY from the boat are hit and consumed by the boat to provide it a small speed boost.

The Deep Sea would also include hostile ocean mobs that want you dead, I had a few ideas

such as a Giant Water Mosquito Or Water Spiders that have long legs and glide across the top of the water surface.

Swordfish- Who now behave differently from their Shipwrecked Counter Parts by rushing towards a boat and leaping over the top of it attempting to Stab the player as it goes across in the air in a Rainbow Style upside down U Arch. 

Jellyfish- That instead of being Neutral until attacked like their SW counter Parts- Now behave more like Killer Bee Nests and will group up and come after you in swarms if you get too close and trigger them. Jelly will Electrify a small portion of the boat dealing damage over time to anyone standing in its Electrical AoE.

The TL:DR- In 2020 or 2021 I want to use the massive size of that enormous Boat Cookie as a way of running across the surface of it to avoid hostile enemy attacks & water dangers.. a Feature that would be unique and completely exclusive to DST, That can not be found in DS Single Player.

Correct me If I’m wrong but Klei did not give us a massive water platform with enough room to move around on top of with the intentions of everyone building boat bases on top of them and singing Sea-Shanties while they peacefully float out to Lunar Island.. they gave us large Water Platforms with enough room to move around on so that we can obviously DODGE Sea Related Dangers.

But people don’t even really use the boats to float out to Lunar Island Anyway, they just build a massive bridge of boats and run across the entire sea. :( And I hope they fix that.

3- I want more mini-games, I know this is probably the least popular request, but racing Carrats has been proven to be fun, I don’t want the game to become cluttered with Mini-Games to the point that it becomes Mario Party... but 2-3 really good ones players can engage within in what little free time they may have won’t hurt anything either.

TL:DR things you can do for short 30 minute play sessions and still feel like you’ve accomplished something.

Finally we come to 4- More Biomes, more Islands to adventure to, more completely brand new enemy mobs with new attack patterns,  Hardcore Content For Experienced Players that does not hinder the starting experience for new players.

TL:DR- MORE Uncompromising Wilderness Survival to Conquer but at the same time without making the game a living nightmare for players who are picking it up for the first time. 

Thats pretty much it.

More NEW Ocean Stuff, more NEW Land Biome stuff, more NEW Mini-Games, And A way for Casual Content to Co-Exist in the same server as harder Hardcore content.

Character Refreshes, New Skin Cosmetics & More lore to me is just an added bonus on top of that.

Okay guys that’s my 2020/2021 DST Wishlist for the game, Now I would like to ask you what would be yours? :) 

Archived