Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2020

Aye, Lore's lore. I don't care who it is that's a lie, I just like lore.

If it's Wendy, we can finally learn more about Abigail and how she died. Though, it could also be Wickerbottom or Webber, considering some of Webber's lines implying he had a large family.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t actually know what year Bunnicula actually came out, I just saw it on tv a night or so ago on Boomerang TV (where they air Old Cartoons that don’t Air Anymore..)

Tooncast is actually more old cartoons, like Foster Mansion for Imaginary Friends, and everything... 

For those who are wondering, the image has no secret invisible data hidden in it (using steganography).

Would be awesome to see some QoL (quality of life) update, using LuaJIT such that the game runs more smoothly and ideally taking less RAM (and disk space).

On 2/8/2020 at 1:54 AM, JoeW said:

whocoulditbe_BG.png

I must say that seeing this house really makes me wish that Wendy is getting a revamp (She's one of the main characters I use in both DS and DST)
and that Klei ain't pulling shenanigans on us with all of these flowers.

On top of that, this beautiful scenario really makes me wish that Don't Starve had game modes like Shipwrecked and especially Hamlet in it.

Imagine living in a Hamlet town you made with your friends online (Of course, I would expect there to be some admin protection from mass destruction or Willow-ing, you know...) but that could be really epic and would give the game much more variety. Besides, Hamlet and Shipwrecked already exist, so that's half the work done, the rest is just optimizing them for DST. But maybe my hopes are way too big...

8 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Maybe we'll figure out some Woodie lore through inspects and other character's shorts. We learned some about Woodie in the Winona short for instance.

Ufff I didn't learnt something new with the Woodie missing poster i guess. The others on the other hand have more information.

Did I missed something?

18 hours ago, 0rutyna0 said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. All that burned, but was extinguished, can no longer be used for crafting (only as fuel).
2. The duration of the re-burning of extinguished items will decrease depending on how long they burned before.
3. The extinguished buildings will need to be repaired.
4. Give the opportunity to extinguish burning things, albeit at the cost of a large loss of health. Now, if you have not found the gear for ice flingomatic, you can only stand powerless and look at burning things. Around is full of water, but the game does not even have fire bucket, burning bushes can be dug up with a shovel (thereby extinguishing), but lying things can not be covered with earth to extinguish them. The character does not need to drink, which means that he always has enough drinking water with him, but he does not have water to extinguish something. Nonsense.

You can use ice and water baloons so there is water to your fires

And walls... you have lunar and thulecite walls. Dont expect to do a perfect fortress with ******* grass xD

And i think the game should be balanced about playing alone and with friends, not thinking in pvp or playing with randoms or we will loose a lot of good ideas

3 hours ago, axxel said:

Ufff I didn't learnt something new with the Woodie missing poster i guess. The others on the other hand have more information.

Did I missed something?

Not much, I guess it sorta ties into him having some importance in the story to be worthy of a mention in Winona's board. However, since there has been little lore about him; he seems to be a bit of an anomaly. At least we know he comes from the same world as Winona, and not some alternate universe where all Canadians are polymorphs with talking red tools.

3 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I don't  see much to get excited for with this 2020 roadmap. Going to keep my expectations low so I won't be too dissapointed if it goes how it sounds. Really hoping for a new epic boss like fuel weaver or something

Well last years road map promised a lot which they didn't fulfill, thats why this years is more broad 

9 minutes ago, themightyone said:

I don't  see much to get excited for with this 2020 roadmap. Going to keep my expectations low so I won't be too dissapointed if it goes how it sounds. Really hoping for a new epic boss like fuel weaver or something

I want to know really what is everyone’s fascination with a new boss? You’ll fight it a few times, Master it and then be right back here begging for a new one yet again. (Malbatross Cough, Cough)

What we need (Yes even more then some new Boss) is more ISLANDS like the Lunar Biomes, Each Island with its own Set of Biomes, with Unique Weather Effects, Creature Mobs, Atmosphere, Exclusive Environment Dangers, Craftable Items and More.

(Again.. Just Like the Lunar Biomes, Where you can create that Moon Glass Cutting Blade, Etc.)

There are Boats in this game now, Now I’m just begging Klei to give me an actual REASON to want to build them and go sailing outside of a One and Then Done Trip out to grab some Stonefruit.

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I want to know really what is everyone’s fascination with a new boss? You’ll fight it a few times, Master it and then be right back here begging for a new one yet again. (Malbatross Cough, Cough)

What we need (Yes even more then some new Boss) is more ISLANDS like the Lunar Biomes, Each Island with its own Set of Biomes, with Unique Weather Effects, Creature Mobs, Atmosphere, Exclusive Environment Dangers, Craftable Items and More.

(Again.. Just Like the Lunar Biomes, Where you can create that Moon Glass Cutting Blade, Etc.)

There are Boats in this game now, Now I’m just begging Klei to give me an actual REASON to want to build them and go sailing outside of a One and Then Done Trip out to grab some Stonefruit.

If you check my post history new biomes are also high on my want list. Specifically a lunar biome cave system. Also the Fuelweaver is more then just a boss because there is so much prep work and tasks to do to get ready for him (finding statue pieces , fighting shadow pieces , mapping cave ,etc etc) . Thats what I want is another boss you really have to work for .

2 minutes ago, themightyone said:

If you check my post history new biomes are also high on my want list. Specifically a lunar biome cave system. Also the Fuelweaver is more then just a boss because there is so much prep work and tasks to do to get ready for him (finding statue pieces , fighting shadow pieces , mapping cave ,etc etc) . Thats what I want is another boss you really have to work for .

But why? What does the Boss actually do? What does fighting and beating it do for you? Will it drop a door key fragment? Will each completely optional Boss Fight in this game each be updated so that they have some colored stone that they drop and each stone has to be brought down into the caves and slotted into the Ancients Gateway (Indiana Jones Or Lara Croft Style) to open up some Door that leads to a brand new map location?

Im genuinely missing the point.

Just like The above Example- I don’t understand why Klei would go through the trouble of adding new content to the game that’s tied to beating some boss that roughly not even 10% of the people playing the game has even seen better yet, ever managed to kill. 

Will this new boss be like Skyrim Dragons? Which fly over villages burning them to the ground and murdering all the townsfolk you wanted to protect making you WANT to go out of your way to fight and kill it, or will it be like the final boss of Minecraft, an Innocent Dragon trapped in its own Realm chained to some Pillars not bothering ANYONE but you murder it anyway just because it’s there?

TL:DR: will this boss Seek me out and give me a REASON to want it Dead, or Will it be minding its own business in its own little Area until I seek it out and Murder it for whatever reason?

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

But why? What does the Boss actually do? What does fighting and beating it do for you?

Just like The above Example- I don’t understand why Klei would go through the trouble of adding new content to the game that’s tied to beating some boss that roughly not even 10% of the people playing the game has even seen better yet, ever managed to kill. 

A new boss would hopefully add more loot/blueprints, which is one of the main hooks of DST imo. Deerclops- Eyeball, Bearger- Thick Fur, MooseGoose- Down Feathers, Beequeen- Bundling Wrap Blueprint, Dragonfly- Scales/Furnace Blueprint, Toadstool/MiseryToad- Shroomskin/Various Blueprints, Malbatross- Malb Feathers/Blueprints, Ancient Guardian/Shadow Piece allow for Fuelweaver fight which results in more gears.

To me, the draw of DST is first surviving, then excelling in a hostile world, power progression, a common theme of any game. I don't see how simply forcing boss fights on players makes the boss any more interesting. If a player doesnt see a reason to seek out gameplay, forcing said gameplay on them wont make it any more interesting.

I'm all for new content, biomes, mobs, puzzles, crafts, mechanics, all of that. And we know plenty more is already planned and on the way. I'm not thrilled about the idea of people who have no interest in a bulk of the current content, the content that makes DST the game it is, wanting drastic changes to DST.

Ive read a lot of the threads going around lately, and I'm honestly a bit worried that Klei may consider making significant changes to the game as we have it now. I personally like what we have, id like additions to the current formula. 

We will continue improving console support as best we can through 2020. Hmm not sounds so good .
Hope they will continue improving console support for more than 2020 , coz I’m not gonna buy a pc just for dst . In just a one year I brought in dst on ps4 12 friends which is just addicted for this game on ps4 

On 09/02/2020 at 10:12 AM, Mike23Ua said:

I want to know really what is everyone’s fascination with a new boss?

Cause theres people that actually enjoy those kind of challenges ? I really dont see the point of your statement right there... Asking for new bosses is as valid as asking for new biomes or new game mechanics. 

On 09/02/2020 at 10:46 AM, Mike23Ua said:

But why? What does the Boss actually do? What does fighting and beating it do for you? 

I can think of so many reasons :

1. New loot, new items, that can help you thrive and survive even better

2. Just for the trill of doing it ? I mean just take a look at some of the big streamers of DST. They do boss killing on a regular basis because it's fun to watch. Well let me tell you that it's even of a better feeling to kill those bosses on your own or with friends.

3. It gives the opportunity to the Dev to go crazy a bit. Creating new attack pattern, making cool new animations and special effects, creating new small game mechanics.

Finally making the bosses optionnal don't make them a hassle for newer player. Plus having them optionnals means that you go out of your way of survival to actually attempt to kill them. I raise my cup to anyone that take the time to collect the proper ressources to kill those said boss. Lets say you are bored of doing the same old farming day after day, well there's always those bosses out there to spice up a bit your gameplay.

But then again it all comes down to preferences. Though asking for new bosses shouldn't get overshadowed or diminished, for i'm rather certain that they are a big chunk of what people like about this game.

39 minutes ago, Warlockadamm said:

Cause theres people that actually enjoy those kind of challenges ? I really dont see the point of your statement right there... Asking for new bosses is as valid as asking for new biomes or new game mechanics. 

I just like the idea of new bosses is new stuff for me to draw... Especially if there's enough jokes to work from.

Archived