Don't Starve Together Roadmap 2020

Would be great if the Hounds exclusively dropped an item that was needed for crafting some high tier items, such as some temporary structure that could cancel hound attacks for a set number of days etc. This would give players indirect control over the hounds with limitations built into design as well as the risk / reward / playstyle is chosen by the players game choices.

2 hours ago, SCJedi said:

Would be great if the Hounds exclusively dropped an item that was needed for crafting some high tier items, such as some temporary structure that could cancel hound attacks for a set number of days etc. This would give players indirect control over the hounds with limitations built into design as well as the risk / reward / playstyle is chosen by the players game choices.

Hounds should always be hounds, annoying AF :D 

On 2/8/2020 at 1:23 AM, -Animaster- said:

Hmmm. I would like to be excited but I did not hear anything specific. The post says that the new stuff is coming (well, it's obvious) but no details of what we can expect in the upcoming months.

I though the roadmap will be something like:

March - x character will be refreshed. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

April - New island will be added. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

May - New x character release. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

June - New gameplay mechanics will be implemented. This update will include... ( a brief description of what we can expect )

and stay tuned for more...

Well, at least this is how imagined the roadmap. Hmmm.

In fact you are right... I don't get all the people commenting with "hype" and such... They didn't say anything concrete. In fact they said the opposite since they said they are not workinng on any mechanic implements and such. 
Giving a roadmap for an entire year and just talking about one single rework is not really gonna cut it for me, it's simply just not fair in regards of their community... 

On 2/8/2020 at 7:54 AM, JoeW said:

We're also aware than some players would like us to make more substantial changes to the overall base game of Don't Starve Together and change things up a bit. While this is not a focus right now, we do understand this is something that is being discussed and I invite you to continue those conversations.

Glad we have taken the first step ![Reap what you sow]

Hope we will get a step by step update in the future.

Love you klei:D

31 minutes ago, senkhat said:

Where's Roadmap 2021?

Be patient it’s not quite ready yet, I’m sure after Klei’s recent announcement that they’ll wanna do something to lighten the mood.

If I had to take a guess we will get Year of Beefalo update this Thursday (or Next) and a Roadmap, Joe said he wants to aim to get it out this week- but that’s not a promise

On 1/26/2021 at 11:22 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Be patient it’s not quite ready yet, I’m sure after Klei’s recent announcement that they’ll wanna do something to lighten the mood.

If I had to take a guess we will get Year of Beefalo update this Thursday (or Next) and a Roadmap, Joe said he wants to aim to get it out this week- but that’s not a promise

I see. This year, the Chinese New Year begins on February 12. Probably around this time, the Year of Beefalo update will also be released. And then in two days it will be Valentine's Day.

2 minutes ago, Slagger said:

Attention

If we don't get 2021 Roadmap tonight, I will start to kill a Wes per day.

Those are my last words.

My guess would be Thursday, unless they are willing to release roadmaps on non-thursday days

4 hours ago, DaZoul said:

I just noticed this

image.png.70270d9d29199639271b00b3bdad3b20.png

"newest"

Joe said it wasn’t ready yet, so I’m not gonna rush it to be ready.. I’m hoping the roadmap reveals some exciting stuffs, but I’m not going to set my expectations too high- that way I don’t end up disappointed.

Eitherway there should be a Roadmap & a Year of the Beefalo event soon.. probably Thursday.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Joe said it wasn’t ready yet, so I’m not gonna rush it to be ready.. I’m hoping the roadmap reveals some exciting stuffs, but I’m not going to set my expectations too high- that way I don’t end up disappointed.

Eitherway there should be a Roadmap & a Year of the Beefalo event soon.. probably Thursday.

Yea yea, I agree, I just found it funny :P

3 minutes ago, GelatinousCube said:

2021 Roadmap is actually pretty massive as it may very well be a deciding factor for many players as to whether they stick with the game or not given our other recent news... I know that is more or less the case for me.

It’s not going to change rather or not I play the game: but I would still appreciate more clear straightforward details of what they plan to and eventually will do.

Without repeating stuff I’ve already said I’d like to see: Plain and simply I want Klei to give me REASONS to buy a new console or Exciting things I can tell my friends that will help me more easily convince them to buy the game.

(and on that note: Anyone on Xbox One can pick up DST right NOW on sale for just 6$.. better hurry though- the sales only for limited time.)

Archived