Character/Player stereotypes!

I saw this going around in another fandom I'm in and found super fun, so thought I could bring this little game here as well. DST is a multiplayer game and naturally we find all kinds of people when we enter a server, but have any of you realized how sometimes the same kind of people play the same characters? That's what the game is about. From your experience, what are the stereotypes you met, and, to add even more fun, do you relate to any of the descriptions of your main? Be honest!! haha

- Like, for example, most of the wurts i've met have went to play solo even on dedicated servers. They pop up, say nothing, and then go live their own hermit life far away from the main base xD I understand, tho, marsh base rules

- Woodie mains, always on packs. I dont know what's called a group of canadian, shape-shifting lumberjacks, but everytime i played with a woodie I'd see two, sometimes three other woodies around and equaly excited to turn into moose

- One of my best experiences on pub has been on a Wes only server, to be honest. I guess after all the memes, they all start to live on the memes. We all died in incredibly comic ways, no one minded that, and I'll never forget the amount of skeletons that surrounded Dragonfly that day. Brave souls.

- Winonas and Warlies are usually the moms and dads on the group. They're always on the base, making food and asking if anyone needs anything repaired, and if there's a Wig nearby, they usually receive "yes" to both

- Webber and Willows are usually the ones used by trolls for SOME reason, which honestly makes it hard for those who actually want to play for real as them. Sorry, fam, may yall be fairly treated someday

- Nobody plays wilson (rip)

- Wortoxes tend to be super pro yet super chill players? I've seen many helping newer players on long lasting servers, sometimes rescuing them even. Five minutes later they're in the ruins, ten and they've defeated fullweaver solo, three more minutes and they're near the science machine receiving their second wendy guest of honor skin

8 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

My name isn't spelled "Nobody." :wilson_wink:

Just now, SkylordElberich said:

7Meias: "Nobody plays Wilson"

Wilson Mains:

5e1fab5fb1c3e_waluigimad.jpg.c65e508c4b7a5a24b0cd15bf930d91e0.jpg

AJSDHAKJDHAS bls where are yall when i try to play dst smh

Wilson only server when

From public queue experience

Wilson: never leaves base, most likely to steal by far

Willow: burns base the second you turn your back

Wolfgang: surprisingly unpopular, most of his users are skilled

Wendy: very mixed bag due to popularity

Wx: either expert ruin explorers, or begs for gears while never leaving base

Wickerbottom: leaders and planners

Woody: i'll probably chop more tress than them (but I don't fault them for ocean exploring the non horrible way)

Wes: Extinct

Maxwell: always useful

Wigfrid: leaves ewecus everywhere, but at least the fridge is full

Webber: like wendy a very mixed bag, although webber is more likely to have trolls

Winona: Extinct

Warly: Extinct

Wortox: detached and does their own thing, but will probably do more good than harm

Wormwood: useful version of not leaving base

Wurt: Extinct

2 hours ago, 7Meias said:

- Wortoxes tend to be super pro yet super chill players? I've seen many helping newer players on long lasting servers, sometimes rescuing them even. Five minutes later they're in the ruins, ten and they've defeated fullweaver solo, three more minutes and they're near the science machine receiving their second wendy guest of honor skin

happiness noise :) 

Wilsons are noobs. (Sorry Wilson mains)

Willows are always either trolls or blamed for trolling. (Sob sob me in the old days)

Wolfgangs are often minmaxers, experienced players or the occasional noob wanting to be the best while constantly Mighty.

Wendys are random. Most however treat Abby as a cute pet and wants to know where the nearest spider den is.

WX78s are pros. Never met a gear beggar though I never touched a public server so eh.

Wickerbottoms are perfectionistic, almost always has Geometric Placement and wants to place all the stuff. I find myself arguing with them often due to my rebellious nature and their controlling one.

Woodies are either noobs that don't know how to play or decent people. Most don't know how to fight a treeguard though they always spawn one.

Wes are either pros or noobs that just want to play him cuz he looks cool.

Maxwells are either cool dudes that gets you chests of logs, rocks, gold, etc or nightmare fuel beggars that get rekt by shadows.

Wigfrids hunt alot and they always ask if you want a helm and spear. Some will gang together and live a nomadic life.

Webbers are often alone because of spiders. They are helpful though and just want to be loved.

Winonas are okay I guess. I barely see these people.

Warlys are noobs that can't work a crockpot and make sh*t or beg for food.

Wortoxes are cool. Love these dudes too.

Wormwoods are amazing workers. Give em a stack o seeds and feast.

Wurt are friendly people that base alone but will accept you if you ask nicely.

13 hours ago, 7Meias said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I've only been to the ruins once, and I definitely never killed any bosses aside from clops.

I haven’t run my owner open server for a while, but when I did, Wolfgangs were always noobs who’d seen one Edgy Rick video, thought they were the bomb just for picking the character, ate all the food, wasted a bunch of pigskin to make a saddle so they could ride a beefalo into the base like everyone should be impressed, then left the server after refusing to help fight DF.

From my experience:

Wilsons are most of the time a noob or mediocre. The vast majority of my pub experience has professional players play characters with strong pros. If there are pro Wilsons out there. Play in more pubs and change this if you don't like it!

Willows have multiple stigmas, they are either griefers (somewhat common), fall into the base wendy stereotype of just sitting around (most common), or nomads(least common). Surprisingly little use BERNIE! regardless if anyone has spare beard hair.

Wolfgangs are either a professional, a person trying to be professional, or a noob. Most of the time they are very nice and chill though; not many wolfgangs are actually edgy in pubs like some of wolfgang's skins portray.

Wendy players are most of the time going to be sitting at base or wandering in the nearby vicinity. Very rarely you'll come across a wendy that doesn't do this and is half decent, but not the best.

WX-78s are different based on their skin. If they have a skin, they are most likely a high mediocre or a pro. But, if they don't have a skin they typically are incredibly new and just like to play a cool robot character. They either are really nice or silent.

Wickerbottoms are not necessarily always pros, but most of the time they think they are. They feel like their character pros give them a strong reason to have a large say in how the base goes regardless of if they started it or not. Depending on how good their actual skill is they will either perish while insane or succeed. They also usually craft a backpack early if you ask them, so they are most of the time nice.

(Other) Woodies are typically a noob or mediocre. Surprisingly, in pubs like klei official servers few woodies actually take advantage of goose and the lunar island (maybe because I'm doing it?), but rather just like to take advantage of the moose. Though half the time this will result in the Woodie overextending and killing himself. One thing is for sure though, you rarely ever see a beaver anymore. But this is most likely because the days are young in most pubs and beaver's treeguard immunity isn't really worthwhile yet.

Wes, similar to WX-78, changes depending on his skins. If he has a skin, most of the time he knows what he's doing and would act like a pro in a similar way to some wickerbottoms. Though if he's not skinned, he is either a silent pro, a troll, or a noob.

Maxwells typically depend on how late in the game that they join. If they join in late, then they are most likely a noobwell that doesn't quite get the hang of shadows and such, but is using maxwells sanity regen to never have to deal with nightmares. If they join early, then they are most likely either decent and give a lot of resources or are silent professional (and has standards?).

Wigfrids are typically not extremely skilled, but are most of the time very good team players and will rarely consume more food than they produce. It is always extremely nice to have at least one in the group.

Winonas fall into a similar placement to Wilson and Woodie. They are either a noob or mediocre. But at the time of release there were a lot of high mediocre winonas that liked to rush bee queen in almost every single game. This rarely happens anymore.

Warlys are either pretty new or know what they are doing. The first is far more common. But typically if the Warly has a pet Wormwood then they are usually pretty skilled and dish out some buffs.

Wormwoods are either pretty new or know what they are doing. The first is far more common. But typically if the Wormwood has a pet Warly then they are usually pretty skilled and keep the fridge stocked.

Wortoxes are most of the time decently skilled. It's hard to tell how skilled they actually are through all of the soul healing. But they can at least play the character well. They are either edgy, nice, or silent. There is also a rare chance that the wortox is slightly new. (Almost forgot, if the wortox is healing a moose. Then watch out; they are most likely going to wipe everything till the moose untransforms.)

Wurts are almost extinct, but if you see one then they are most likely going to be going for the royal tapestry all game, and upkeeping merm king all game. Their skill is mediocre most of the time. Don't usually see any rush any bosses. They all just like to build a little homestead in the large swamp.

Mainly playing Survival pubs, the random vanilla Klei-like variety, and... oh boy!

Wilson - vast majority are walking dead-men, and base-asking/sitters; a small percentage are trolls; also starvation and Charlie are their intimate "friends" (with 0 benefits);

Willow - if default-skinned, most likely a griefer/troll; or total newbie, but vast majority are base/forests/etc-burners;

Wolfgang - mixed bag, some are pro solo-rushers of ruins and/or bosses; some die in "le petite Wolf" form from hunger or spiders;

Wendy - most are harmless newbies/noobs, friendly but not very useful; usually they die from hunger/spiders;

WX-78 - about half are solo ruins rushers; rest are base-sitters and gear-gulpers, with a small number being plain griefers;

Wickerbottom - most are multi-tasking rushers of bosses, bases, organizers and generally leaders when a group is willing to follow; a small number are advanced griefers, filling spawn with tentacles or reading in some random base before dying from shadows;

Woodie - mixed bag, most being walking-dead as well via TreeGuards and/or shadows; a small number rush Moon Isles in Goose form (or drown attempting so);

Wes - almost non-existent in pubs; when someone picks him, usually is a newbie/noob "clown" spamming balloons everywhere and dying from hunger/shadows, bonus of hilarity if via Catcoons; a tiny number are pros that shame the group of dead Wilsons in base by bringing loads of foods and/or boss loot *thumbs-up*

Maxwell - most try to be useful - emphasis on the *try* part; at the end of day vast majority of them are dead (via Ents);

Wigfrid - a certain number are silent nomad hunters, yet they gift you a Battle-helm/spear when encountering other players; still they fill map with "abandoned" Vargs and Ewecuses; some bring meats to communal base and a tiny percentage rushes bosses/ruins; but a big chunk just die of hunger;

Webber - again if default-skinned, most likely a griefer/troll; even if having some skins, chances are.. still griefers, planting Spider Egg in Spawn Gate or communal base when finding it (if not simply going "willow" on it with le torch); a small number farm spiders, get tones of meat, glands, silk, and eggs... and some plant those eggs in a circle at spawn :rolleyes:

Warly - in pubs, like Wes, is mainly non-existent; when someone picks him usually are newbies/noobs dying from hunger after ditching their Pot (or getting it burned of all things);

Wormwood - in small numbers too, they plant seeds everywhere and still manage to die from hunger/shadows/darkness or mobs;

Winona - rarely seen in pubs, usually is another dead-man walking, kicking the proverbial bucket by 3rd day from hunger/shadows or spiders;

Wortox - usually friendly and, like Maxes, trying to be useful with healing; sad part is vast majority of them end dead from... everything really; a tiny-tiny number explore and do solo Ruins rushes - or at least they *try*;

Wurt - seen more than Wes, Winona or Warly, yet still tiny numbers; they pop, sit a bit in servers doing something and disconnect; or just dying in "creative" ways.

Life is tough in these deep dark Pub forests of doom and Survival hard or something :beaten:

Wilson - Usually either really new, or decent. I have yet to see a good Wilson main but i have saw a few that are decent. Most are just braindead noobs though.

Willow - Willow mains are usually skin collectors based on my experience. They like to collect expensive and heirloom skins on their profile and are usually decent at the game. Griefers are actually not that common nowadays.

Wolfgang - Will speed-run through bosses and rush ruins asap. Some are chill, some are not. It’s a gamble really

Wendy - One of the most popular character in a pub. Surprisingly i have seen a lot of good Wendy mains recently. if you see a Wendy in a pub, there's a 75% chance they are good. Most of the time they defend Wendy and attacks anyone who says Wendy is a bad character. 

WX-78 - I haven't seen WX-78 players in a while, which is odd. Probably 'cuz they're not interesting. Anyways most WX-78 mains are chill. Some will eat all of your gears and some will rush ruins, but i haven't seen any bad WX-78 mains.

Wickerbottom - Usually really skilled and a veteran. From my experience Wickerbottom mains are REALLY REALLY bossy and i don't really like Wickerbottom mains because of how many annoying Wickerbottom mains i've seen recently.

Woodie - Woodie is a mixed bag, really. There's no way you can determine a Woodie main's personality. 

Wes - Will usually join servers just to clear ruins and leave. 

Maxwell - Usually a massive collector. Sometimes a camper as well. I haven't seen many Maxwells lately.

Wigfrid - Also one of the most popular character in a pub. Same thing as Wendy, but has a more aggressive gameplay. I like wigfrid mains.

Webber Most likely a furry Usually really chill when it comes to pubs. They sometimes like to role-play a bit which is pretty cute lol. Webber mains usually come in groups when it comes to pubs and they just make a spider empire. Sometimes they try to join in the main team and help with their spider needs. 

Warly - I don't see Warly mains in pubs a lot. They just usually camp at base cooking food. Most of the time they don't even cooperate with the main team, they just cook whatever the fridge has to offer.

Wormwood - THEY. PLANT. SEEDS. EVERYWHERE. Seriously though Wormwood mains like to FILL the whole map with crops. They are generally nice and cooperative but damn. Take a break with the seeds man...

Winona - Wait, Winona mains exist? 

Wortox - I am a Wortox main and i don't wanna judge my own kind in case if i get super biased lol.

Wurt - They basically just terraforms your base into swamp and does their own thing. Usually nice, but not so cooperative.

1 hour ago, Mooagain said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

I've only been to the ruins once, and I definitely never killed any bosses aside from clops.

oh my!! haha 

Don't worry fam, one day you unlock the secrets of lucky wortox mains. Imagine that, a sweet victory against dragonfly- 

10 minutes ago, Akivaq said:

Maxwell - Usually a massive collector. Sometimes a camper as well. I haven't seen many Maxwells lately.

Wormwood - THEY. PLANT. SEEDS. EVERYWHERE. Seriously though Wormwood mains like to FILL the whole map with crops. They are generally nice and cooperative but damn. Take a break with the seeds man...

As both a Maxwell and wormwood main,,, I cant help but agree with these LMFAO but to be fair

look

hear me out

swear I at least try to keep my seeds neatly organized

As someone who loves to build bases, i usually do many things in huge amounts (both as maxwell and wormwood) so I can have all ready to use beforehand haha

Wilson: Almost always a noob, never lives long enough to cut his beard.

Willow: Often seen in the middle of a burning forest; very frequently low in sanity.

Wolfgang: A rare sight in public servers, even if in the server, likely in the ruins, away from anyone's eyesight.

Wendy: So popular that ranges from first time players who die on the first night to ones that spend all year in the caves, raiding the ruins.

WX-78: Rare to see, often has no skins, begs for gears and the end is nigh.

Wickerbottom: Bossy, organized and has OCD. By day 3 she has uprooted all the grass tufts in your savannah, saplings and bushes in your grasslands.

Woodie: Random dude doing random stuff at random places of the map.

Wes: Either a first-time player or a dedicated pro, never anything in between. Sometimes a balloon spammer. Or if I'm behind his controller, the dedicated beefalo taming character that rushes Glossomer's saddle by day 8.

Maxwell: Mechanized resource gatherer Your chests will be filled by logs and rocks.

Wigfrit: Overly aggressive with fighting, eager to slay Dragonfly on day 6.

Webber: Usually a burden to the camp, or makes massive spider hangouts where you don't want them. May come in packs.

Winona: Determined and hardworking, takes food breaks that consume half of all food in base.

Warly: Sometimes doesn't even know how to use a crockpot, other times a master chef making only gourmet foods in single servings.

Wortox: Solo adventurer, spams his soul healing near campfire whenever e returns to the base.

Wormwood: Stays at base and asks for all the seeds. Plants wild crops everywhere, that you'll have a bigger worry of storing all the food than eating them.

Wurt: Different personalities depending on the skin. Default ones join the main base and makes some merm houses closeby. Abyssal ones are mysterious and are always doing their own thing in swamp. Shark ones are edgy and aggressively expanding, plants marsh turf everywhere. Goldfish are polite, slowly trying to build a  merm kingdom.

Popular Skins list (From my experience):

Wilson - Nothing. Always default. (Very very rarely a Victorian or Mad Scientist)

Willow - 99% Default.

Wolfgang - 100% Snowfallen, snowfallen, snowfallen. Nothing else!

Wendy - Flexing with Guest of Honor or Default. Sometimes Snowfallen.

WX-78 - I've seen lots of Victorian, WX-78 is actually quite varied.

Wickerbottom - Bewitched, Snowfallen, Victorian.

Woodie - Survivor, Team Player, Merrymaker.

Wes - Triumphant, probably?

Maxwell - Untriumphant or Default.

Wigfrid - Whole lotta Victorian and Verdants.

Webber - Victorian.

Winona - Nothing. Always default.

Warly - Trawler.

Wortox - Minotaur/Uncorrupted.

Wormwood - Hollow.

Wurt - Abyssal.

This whole thread feels like reading a horoscope geez. "WiLSoNs aRe eiTher Pros or nOobs, blabliblu" XD. I red the whole thing ...

4 hours ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Wendy players are most of the time going to be sitting at base or wandering in the nearby vicinity. Very rarely you'll come across a wendy that doesn't do this and is half decent, but not the best.

That's the most accurate I've seen on the thread bout Wendy. Not that it applies to me of course!  :ugeek: huhu. But I observe that too.

Archived