Jump to content

[Game Update] - 379886


 Share

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Thieverpedia said:

Ooh, does this mean we can feed fish to stockpile them? This would be incredible for us Warly mains.

Fish aren't stackable anymore and they can't be fed.

Edited by Lammarr
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I took the liberty of locating This:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Don't_Starve:_Shipwrecked

Which is a list of all the enemy types and Biomes from the Shipwrecked DLC, let me be perfectly clear- I am not asking them to Port Every.. Single..Little.. Item.. From Shipwrecked to DST, only the most Basic of enemy types/Biomes/Items that would fit perfectly right into the game as is.

Such as Parrots, Jellyfish, Prime Apes, Snakes, and of course Crabbits! .... The Palm Treeguard may not be perfect, But he has AoE Projectiles you need to avoid, the games two current Treeguards do not chunk projectiles your direction they need to fix that.

Floaty Boaty Knights might not be a bad choice to add as well.. More ways to get Gears is always a good thing!

Coral Biomes & Seashells to build sandcastles with (and for those of you who never played Shipwrecked Sand Castles acted as a Sanity boosting stationary structure)

i don’t Own Hamlet and it hasn’t been released on Xbox One yet.. so I can’t say what I would take from that, The walking Piranha plants maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Yep! It's in the structures tab:
image.png.4a6be01acded049ae1174712b2ab9ab8.png
You can use it to display fish and brag about your biggest catches.

Omg I love it! This might be my new favourite thing!! 
oh that’s the fish scale? I guess the fish all look the same regardless of their actual weight as well?

Edited by Dynamix_Roxx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty confused about Tackle Receptacle. How are you supposed to get spoiled fish to make it?
unknown.png
It seems like a paradox to me. You need to go fishing to get spoiled fish, but you need spoiled fish to go fishing. I tried multiple ways.
Freshfish from ponds turns into rot.
Fish morsels turn into rot.
Eels turn into rot.
Only the new ocean fish seems to turn into spoiled fish. I assume you can't catch any fish without any bait.
Another thing that can give spoiled fish is ocean debris. I assume you don't need bait for it. But it works kinda like tumbleweeds, so you are not guaranteed to get spoiled fish from it.

Edit: nevermind, apparently you can use seeds as bait, my friend just told me this.

Edited by SonicDen220
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Werecrowe said:

I've discovered two recipes for Surf 'n' Turf so far!

 

  Hide contents

1. Large Fish Meat x4
2. Large Meat, Fish Morsel x3

 

2 large fish + 2 monster meats works aswell. I haven't played much shipwrecked, but the dish sounds amazing. Will probably replace pierogi's as the fav boss/healing food, it can be massproduced, tho not on the same level but still.

It is also another hit for the "meatballs is op" mafia

Edited by BeeClops
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BeeClops said:

2 large fish + 2 monster meats works aswell. I haven't played much shipwrecked, but the dish sounds amazing.

Here's a tip. If the Crock Pot page on DST wiki is valid for this update aswell, Surf 'n' Turf only requires 1.5 fish, meaning instead of using 2 large fish for one, you can conserve the large fish and add a fish morsel from pond fishing or one of your small saltwater catches. Two big fish = two Surf 'n' Turf. Sounds exciting!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I took the liberty of locating This:

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Don't_Starve:_Shipwrecked

Which is a list of all the enemy types and Biomes from the Shipwrecked DLC, let me be perfectly clear- I am not asking them to Port Every.. Single..Little.. Item.. From Shipwrecked to DST, only the most Basic of enemy types/Biomes/Items that would fit perfectly right into the game as is.

Such as Parrots, Jellyfish, Prime Apes, Snakes, and of course Crabbits! .... The Palm Treeguard may not be perfect, But he has AoE Projectiles you need to avoid, the games two current Treeguards do not chunk projectiles your direction they need to fix that.

Floaty Boaty Knights might not be a bad choice to add as well.. More ways to get Gears is always a good thing!

Coral Biomes & Seashells to build sandcastles with (and for those of you who never played Shipwrecked Sand Castles acted as a Sanity boosting stationary structure)

i don’t Own Hamlet and it hasn’t been released on Xbox One yet.. so I can’t say what I would take from that, The walking Piranha plants maybe?

Prime apes would be a complete pain. Crabbits are reskinned rabbits. Palm treeguard would be nice ig? If they added a beach biome I can see it working. Floaty Boaty Knights would annihilate boats just because of the limited mobility. And the Snaptooths...you said you didnt have Hamlet but those tend to reproduce and completely take over their forests. So maybe a bad idea

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Also while we're on the topic of fish and fishfood CAN WE PLEASE, get a boost for Fish Tacos? It is an interesting recipe, combining fish and corn but it falls absolutely obsolete as it is inferior to fishsticks in every way except for cooking speed, which is the least relevant stat. For tacos you use corn, something you farm for and for fishsticks it's just a twig, clearly  tacos are more valuablr by its incredients. But it is completely outclassed buy fishsticks. To my knowledge, the only such recipe that falls completely obsolete with nothing to offer over its similar counterpart is Monster Lasagna (vs. Monster Tartare), which is still relevant as only Warly can cook the Tartare. Please, give the taco some reason to exist, a unique niche, perhaps better stats, perhaps a longer spoilage time, perhaps a gimmick but it needs something.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cool update but I mean… will it in any way, shape or form discourage me from eating jerky in favor of fishing?

Fishing as a non-Wurt was pretty much useless and this new fishing feels like that picture of a golden trash bag. It's shiny and cool but still garbage.

I mean unless it's not, I've yet to check it out in-game. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Casul said:

Prime apes would be a complete pain. Crabbits are reskinned rabbits. Palm treeguard would be nice ig? If they added a beach biome I can see it working. Floaty Boaty Knights would annihilate boats just because of the limited mobility. And the Snaptooths...you said you didnt have Hamlet but those tend to reproduce and completely take over their forests. So maybe a bad idea

Crabbits aren’t really though- because they don’t run away from you and retreat back to their spawning point, these things could retreat into the ground anywhere, but I don’t really care that they act much like rabbits, there is an Actual Beach Biome in the game now with Starfish, and Dead washed up prehistoric looking skeleton fish (you can locate this island near Lunar Biome) A sandy beach Biome isn’t a sandy beach Biome without some Crabs though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Still haven't played the new update but what the point of the scale (except begin an aquarium) do fishes that weigh more give more meat ? Or is it just a competition/bragging who will catch the biggest fish ? Do you need bigger fish to catch/build something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...