All things Wurt

Crock pot foods that Wurt is able to eat seem to give 4/3 of normal hunger stats (fistful of jam and butter muffin gave 50 hunger instead of usual 37,5). So no, crockpot is not useless.

UPD: 1,33 hunger modifier applies to raw and cooked vegetables and fruits too (and butterfly wings for some reason). Thanks @QuartzBeam for clarification.

3 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Crock pot foods that Wurt is able to eat seem to give 4/3 of normal hunger stats (fistful of jam and butter muffin gave 50 hunger instead of usual 37,5). So no, crockpot is not useless.

True, also 1 mushroom/vegi + 3 ice is a very easy recipe for winter.

Findings:

• Wurt can become friends with Bunnymen as any other character, so you can use them to fight as well, or to kill eachother to get carrots.
  • You require less than 75 food value in veggies to turn the "merm prince" into merm king. I did it with just mere 4 stone fruits, or a single dragonpie.
  • You can befriend merms with vegetables or with fish.
  • Merm king has kelp instead of armpit hair.
  • Durian seems to not have any negative side effects with her, and it gives bonus hunger points

Questions:

1. Is her loyalty time with the merms longer than with other creatures? 
  2. Does Merm King starve if you don't feed him? If so, over how much time? I got away from base with my litle merm army for several days, and we were all still buffed.
  3. What is the value of sanity boost given by fish? it does not seem to increase by having more than one fish. Or at least not noticeably.

3 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Findings:

• Wurt can become friends with Bunnymen as any other character, so you can use them to fight as well, or to kill eachother to get carrots.
  • You require less than 75 food value in veggies to turn the "merm prince" into merm king. I did it with just mere 4 stone fruits, or a single dragonpie.
  • You can befriend merms with vegetables or with fish.
  • Merm king has kelp instead of armpit hair.

Questions:

1. Is her loyalty time with the merms longer than with other creatures? 
  2. Does Merm King starve if you don't feed him? If so, over how much time? I got away from base with my litle merm army for several days, and we were all still buffed.
  3. What is the value of sanity boost given by fish? it does not seem to increase by having more than one fish. Or at least not noticeably.

1. Doesn't seem so, they stay loyal longer depending on the amount of food you give them (said on stream).

2. He starves and dies if you don't feed him, devs said that you need to feed him around once in 4 days.

23 minutes ago, shadowDigga said:

Not quite. Wurt gains 33% more hunger from all Veggies, be they simple foods or crock pot dishes. So a Pumpkin will give her 50 hunger, a Butter Muffin will give her 50, etc. She also gains +33% hunger from Kelp and +60% hunger from Durian, while ignoring the sanity and health penalties of both.

Other non-meat foods, such as Honey, Taffy and Ice Cream, affect her the same way they affect everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Hey I'm a bit late for the update; how does one acquire a merm king? Do you need to wait a certain amount of time after the tapestry is completed? 

you need to bring a merm to the tapastry, then feed it veggiesto invoke the transformation

A fish and a top hat is enough to overcome the dusk/night sanity drain, and still gain a tiny bit more, so I suppose the fish must be something around 3 Sanity/min

This is probably more of a tip, but the merms AI is very different to the other creatures, you kinda need to command them every little thing, otherwise they will just stay there and stare.

The easiest way I've found to command them to fight is by equipping a boomerang and doing the attack cancel animation with it. They run super fast so they will reach and punch the target like a bullet.

The seeds that MK gives can be crop-spesific. So far I've seen Eggplant, Onion, Durian, and Chillie pepper. That last one is one of the harder crops too get, though I don't know if the seeds also have variable raritys and I just got lucky, or if they all have equal chance of dropping.

Just now, NSAiswatchingus said:

So what exactly happens when the merm king starves? 

I was not near him when it happened so I'm not sue if he dies, but what I do know for sure is that he dissappears and all the merms (including Wurt) get a noticeable transformation showing that they all lost the boost. 

3 minutes ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Does he have a meter that needs to be filled to full to last 4 days or will feeding him one carrot be all he needs for 4 days? 

Doesn't show any meter that's for sure. About how much food you need to give him, Is something I'm investigating as well. I'll post any info I get.

Archived